Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Match (219)

ah this is one of my favorite episodes:3
    totodile is allways so funny in battle i think, playful yet capable of dealing a big blow to the oponent.

It was a great episode, Ash vs Misty is so cool
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Two words describe this for me: Rush Job. The Ash vs. Misty battle was by no means epic, and the following round was even worse.
    Not the best episode then, imo.

Do the Robot!

IT was about time that Misty beat Ash. Trinity was so cheap in this episode, she was being all extra cocky. Saying that after she lost gyarados, it was only a minor setback?!!? Lol, I wish Misty won but that's the way love goes I guess...

Nice episode! Too bad Misty didn't win.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I thought it was a great battle between Ash and Misty. I was very confident from the start that Misty would win that battle, seeing that she has a ton of more experience with water Pokemon. I was, however, surprised to see Ash's ignorance in forgetting about Psyduck's headache. I was glad that Misty won, but was sad to see her be defeated by Trinity. Trinity was a great trainer, but I thought Misty would have a little more skill with water Pokemon, being that she is a former gym leader. However, I really like Misty's Corsola. I think it is a extremely strong Pokemon, and am glad she caught it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I loved the battle between Ash and Misty.

Too bad that Ash lost, but Kingler was great.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I really like this episode. I'm extremely glad that Ash lost and Misty won since I'm a huge Misty fan. But I was disappointed when Misty lost to Trinity. But I still love Misty confidence and I love how she was featured longer!! 10/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

My favorite Whirl Cup episode by far since Misty and Ash have to fight against each other! Ash's Totodile was no match for Misty's Poliwhirl, which I found ironic since Ash once fought Misty for ownership of Totodile. It seemed Totodile got no love in Johto. I love how Ash's next Pokemon, Kingler, caused whirlpools to appear in the stadium, just like the ones outside of the stadium. Misty won using her Psyduck, which was an odd little change seeing as it hardly ever appeared. Loved that in the next match, she really did meet her match. Her rival pushed her around like it was nothing. I liked Team Rocket's attempt at stealing the staff though it ended the same as their other attempts. In the end, some random guy won the Mystic Water, which made this almost pointless. Still pretty good, 7/10

Oh, this battle between Ash and Misty. It was a good battle, their Pokemon sure put up a fight there.

Another good battle with Misty and Ash.
    Misty had a luck with her Psyduck. But her pokemon were better and she won fair and squar.

Kingler was total badass in this episode. However, I still thought Ash should have won.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was very cool. Too bad Ash lost to Misty. The way Kingler beat Poliwhirl was very cool to see. It was a bit funny when Kingler hit Ash, ouch! Too bad Misty didn't win the rest of the competition, and especially losing to a Chinchou as well.

70/100

This was a great episode. Unfortuantly Ash lost but I'm glad he did and i'm dissapointed that Misty didn't win the tournament.

8/10

This was a good episode.

Ash vs. Misty is of course an interesting match. It was also nice to see Ash lose, most of the times, he wins.

Also nice to see Bayleef and Professor Oak, that was really funny.

Had TR been intelligent, they would've made the threat on the staff and then when security was concentrated in that one area, stolen all the trainers' unguarded Pokemon.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

psyduck... you're awesome XD

It was great to see Kingler battle again. Seeing Psyduck, not so good.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Great episode. I loved how the battle between Misty and Ash started out pretty strong, but it ended sooooo predictable with Psyduck using confusion. The battle with Trinity was a lot better - seeing it could have gone either way, but Trinity was obviously better. She had really strong Water Pokémon. Also, If I'm correct, this is the last battle with Kingler ;(

A very good episode, I thought it was a great battle between Ash and Misty. I was glad that Misty won, but was sad to see her be defeated by Trinity. Shame that she lost right after beating Misty too. I noticed that Trinity has a Gyarados which Misty gets later in the series and also a Golduck which is the evolved form of Psyduck which Misty also has.

Ash vs Misty is perfect. Now she finally got to win against him. This is their fourth battle against each other and he's one two of them so far. (The Gym match was interrupted) It's good Psyduck came out by mistake, it's just what Misty needed. But, I would have been terrified if a Kingler was swimming to me with that kind of speed. I do wish Misty had lost to Trinity in the semi finals. I mean, it would show how good she is. If only her team was a little more better.

I think Misty and Ash battle was bull. And people say that Best Wishes has bad battles
    Last edited by p96822; 26th June 2013 at 9:00 PM.

#27: The Perfect Match

This episode begins with Ash and Misty battling in a 2on2 battle in the Whirl Cup. The battle starts off with Totodile vs Poliwhirl, with Poliwhirl winning. Ash then sends out Kingler, which beats Poliwhirl. Misty then tries to call Corsola, but then guess who comes out...Psyduck. May I ask why she didn't get Brock to holdits ball or something? No? Okay then.

I have a question for you: What's the worst thing Ash could do to Psyduck to give it an advantage?

To hand Misty the win and move her plot along, Ash gets Kingler to use Crabhammer on its head (what an idiot...), causing it to get a headache.

Ash: Now, Kingler, let go!
    Misty: No, Psyduck, use Confusion!

Predictably, Psyduck manages to use its attack on time, one-shooting Kingler and kicking Ash out of the tournament. If they had at least had her won more believably (and less predictably, too), and/or this wasn't a battle that served to further Misty's goal to be a Water Master, I would have no problem, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

We then get a brief scene of TR trying to get the staff, and get past the security, too. Well, it's not the worst thing they could have shown them doing. The next scene is Ash depositing Kingler (who has never seen a real off screen battle since then...) for Bayleef, who really missed him. At least the rest of the episode is turning out good. Then in comes a girl named Trinity, who Misty knows as one of the best Water Trainers. Why didn't they introduce her EARLIER? If she's so great, why are they just now establishing this? Especially seeing as she was going to be her next opponent. I'm just going to call her "Female Tobias without legendaries" (or FTWOL for short) from now on. Misty wonders if she can possibly win...

During the (poorly done) match, Misty sends out Poliwhirl against Trinity's Gyarados. Gyarados uses Hyper Beam to overpower Bubblebeam, taking it down. Then, guess what Misty's next Pokemon is...no, not Psyduck. Corsola. Doesn't she have other Pokemon she can use besides those two? *looks at Staryu family, Horsea, Goldeen*

Gyarados uses Hydro Pump, which Mirror Coat reflects, but Gyarados uses Hyper Beam to overpower it, but Corsola dives underwater and finishes it off with...Spike Cannon. Wow, really? Chinchou then beats Corsola, afterit puts up a decent fight. Another TR scene is shown, with them deciding to get past the tight security by air...why didn't they think of this earlier? Meanwhile, in the Pokemon Center, Misty congratulates FTWOL for winning, and then we get to the final match. FTWOL's Golduck is up against some random person's Feraligatr, and then TR comes in and uses a fishing rod to take thestaff. Their plan is foiled, so now we can get back to the match...or at least they could have, if they didn't SKIP IT.

It turns out that Trinity lost, getting in second place. There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin...

#1: If she's so great, you'd think she would have won. They established her as one of the best, but nothing for the first place winner.
    #2: Why did they not also establish the first place winner as one of the best too? Even if that's not the case, they could have at least had a sense of accomplishment for having beat Trinity.
    #3: Why did they skip through the final battle? Leagues do it too, but this is still not excused.

So they have a ceremony, and Ash, Misty and FTWOL reflect back on their time at the Whirl Cup, before Ash and his friends leave to continue their journey...
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED this episode! That Ash and Misty battle was INTENSE!Psyduck's confusion was brill, wasn't sure what to think of Trinity at the start but she presented herself pleasantly, Team Rocket blasted off as per usual :P

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Meh, I didn't like this episode.
    This battle between Ash and Misty was cheap IMO. Misty tried to sent Corsola but Psyduck came out his Pokeball.....AGAIN!
    Ash gets overconfident and tells Kingler to use Crabhammer on Psyduck's head (Seriously?) causing a pain in it's head.
    And guess what happened ...... Psyduck used Confusion on Kingler which knocked it out and Ash got eliminated from the Whirl Cup Tournament, so Misty got a lucky win. Next, Misty is up against a girl named Trinity, who is one of the best Water Trainers in Misty's opinion.
    The Battle starts with Misty sending out Poliwhirl against Trinity's Huge Gyarados. Gyarados used Hyper Beam, which overpowered Poliwhirl's Bubblebeam attack and knocked it out of the battle. Misty's next Pokemon is Corsola.....Against the same Gyarados.
    Gyarados used Hyper Beam to take it down, but Corsola dived underwater and defeated Gyarados with ... Spike Cannon ??! That's Anime logic for you. Then Trinity's Chinchou took down Corsola, thus eliminating Misty from the Whirl Cup tournament. Later Trinity lost her battle against a trainer, who has a Feraligatr.
    Misty got a little Character development, but Ash and Misty battle was still a disappointment. The would be much better if Misty won the battle by using strategy instead of winning by luck.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast