Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Parent Trapped! (223)

Default A Parent Trapped! (223)

A Parent Trapped!

Butch & Cassidy have taken the baby Lugia, however they want something much bigger...it's parent. Ash & co. want to help free the Baby Lugia and protect the Parent Lugia. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Part two of the triple header with Butch/Cassidy and Richie. They stepped up the excitement levels on this one, the battle between Ash and Co. and Butch and Cassidy was cool, probably one of the few times Team Rocket have defeated them (although somewhat dubiously!). Team Rocket's method of actually getting Lugia was quite clever, and in contrast the other Team Rocket, Jesse/James, were a complete waste (although funny) when Meowth scratched it's claws into the blow-up Lugia lol.

Why did Lugia hit Ash and Co. and not Butch and Cassidy, I couldn't understand that, unless it thought Team Rocket were defending the Lugia, which they were in an odd way.

What I don't understand is how a baby Lugia is even possible! I thought Legendaries were genderless. Not to mention there's only supposed to be one! And that doesn't seem to be the same Lugia from Pokemon: 2000 The Movie, but I guess the movies aren't connected with the show, which would explain some things, but not others. So anyone have a possible answer? Anyone?

<Current Chapter>
    |:| Chapter Eight: Finally...Barden Town...|:|
    <Next Chapter Progress: 0-10%>

Quote Originally Posted by SigCMugen
    What I don't understand is how a baby Lugia is even possible! I thought Legendaries were genderless. Not to mention there's only supposed to be one!
    That's in the video games. This is the anime, where the rules are very different. That's really all the explanation you need.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Well, I think that most legendaries are more than one in the anime, but they lead a secretive life, so people think there exeists only one. And no, I don't think this is the same Lugia as from the movie, as it talked with a male voice, while the one in the episode was clearly female. Also, there was another episode in which one guy (I don't remember his name) tried to photograph an Arcticuno that most likely wasn't the one from the movie.
    I think they made these episodes particularly to show legendaries aren't one-off. Not to talk about the fact that the anime, the games, and the movies are all made by different companies and people.

This part was not as good as part three turned out to be, but I liked the dramatic tension in the episode. With things going from bad to worse with the rage devices and with Silver and Lugia being kidnapped, they really set up things well for the next episode. It was great to see Zippo again too. I also liked the part where Jessie was trying to get James and Meowth to blow up a Lugia decoy, then Meowth accidentally rips it. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by dimitar
    Well, I think that most legendaries are more than one in the anime, but they lead a secretive life, so people think there exeists only one. And no, I don't think this is the same Lugia as from the movie, as it talked with a male voice, while the one in the episode was clearly female. Also, there was another episode in which one guy (I don't remember his name) tried to photograph an Arcticuno that most likely wasn't the one from the movie.
    I think they made these episodes particularly to show legendaries aren't one-off. Not to talk about the fact that the anime, the games, and the movies are all made by different companies and people.
    Not to mention, this Lugia doesn't even talk. o_0;
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Team Rocket Admin is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

God I hated the episodes around this time, they really ****** me off.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    This Forum needs more elaborate, well thought-out posts like this one. Why can't you all be more like TRA? ._.

Number of errors in this episode, I noticed. The famous Crobat discoloring was in this episode. It was blue and had purplish wings. And there is also the lesser known discoloration near the end. As Lugia Sr. is being withdrawn into the base, its tail spikes were white, not black.

Nice touch with the gang searching for the base, rather than spontaneously knowing where to find it.

Lol, TR's efforts were totally destroyed in this episode by Meowth

Speaking of Meowth, I liked his remark about everything looking good on him XD

I may not like Butch and Cassidy, but Nanba is a cool villain. Better than Giovanni, really.

Those Pokémon Provokers(can't remember the full name for the life of me, but I know "Nasty" and "Nanba" are thrown in there somewhere >_>) are ingenious, but its the inhumanity that makes me dislike them. But hey, it's an evil villain's machine, it's not supposed to be nice

They re-used that "Lugia Dodging the Attacks" scene way too much.

I actually felt bad for Lugia, because it was mistrusting the people who wanted to help it. I understand why, though, they just started attacking it out of the blue, or at least it seemed so to Lugia.

Silver had maybe two different cries, and that was it. There was one that was rather like a crescendo, and then one that was a decrescendo(lol arpeggio). Variation plzthnx.

Heh, Totodile's reaction to being suspended in mid-air was excellent XD

Overall rating:
    7.9 out of 10
    Probably the low point of this arc, but not necessarily bad. Builds the important tension for the finalé(especially as CN decided to show the finalé next week on its own ¬_¬).

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin View Post
    I totally agree with you ,it still annoys me ,since lugia is my favorite legendary and they really pulled one over on him with this one......

A Baby ,A female?!?!?! You gotta be F-ing kidding me? These 4 eps are simply a disgrace to pokemon and should be removed and erased ,thats all I got to say about this. I would really like to meet the damn n00b who came up with the idea to feature lugia in the anime with a damn baby!! Way the go you morron ,now everybody thinks of all the legends lugia is lowest in rank ,since thats the only one ever showcased with a baby!!!

And some legends are really 1-ffs , namely Groudon/kyogre/rayquaza,suicune,entei,raikou,Mewto, Parukia/diaruga and Ho-ho.

Pretty disapointing that my favorite gets raped like this ,it's an outrage ,I hope the dude who wrote these eps ,got is N00bish ***** Fired!! And if he isnt ,they should do that RIGHT NOW before HE/She messes up more!

This one was alright, I don't mind the idea of a baby Lugia, it's pretty cute actually

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This episode was good. I wonder if that attack Lugia used when it was mad was Hyper Beam. Then again, Hyper Beam is usually yellow or orange so I assume it could be Aeroblast.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It's the saddest episode among the others because both the baby Lugia named Silver and Lugia got kidnapped by Nanba himself along with Butch and Cassidy. It's no surprise they recited the motto of Team Rocket(To protect the world from devastation, to unite our peoples from within our nation(Sorry if I got the lines wrong.) To denounce the evils..........)Sure, does Lugia learn Hyper Beam or Aeroblast, the attack only a Lugia can learn?

Another great episode, not only has TR taken Silver but now they've caught the parent Lugia to use in their nefarious schemes. Nice to see that Zippo has evolved into a Charmelon and that it actually listens to Ritchie unlike Ash's Charmelon. Alos anyone else notice Brock's Crobat had it's color's reversed when it returned so it looked more like a Golbat than than a Crobat.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This is one of the worst things Team Rocket has ever done!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

D'aww, baby Lugia! What a cutie!

But I agree with Torpoleon, it is one of their worst endeavors. I'm glad they get foiled in the end ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quote Originally Posted by bhrettzerda053 View Post
    It's the saddest episode among the others because both the baby Lugia named Silver and Lugia got kidnapped by Nanba himself along with Butch and Cassidy. It's no surprise they recited the motto of Team Rocket(To protect the world from devastation, to unite our peoples from within our nation(Sorry if I got the lines wrong.) To denounce the evils..........)Sure, does Lugia learn Hyper Beam or Aeroblast, the attack only a Lugia can learn?
    It then gets better at the end. Much better.

This was a sad episode. To see Lugia like that and all.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    This was a sad episode. To see Lugia like that and all.
    i have to agree with that, it looked so sad being locked in a cage.

It was a nice episode, now i know there is not only 1 Lugia in that world
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

You know what! I've just seen Brocks Crobat blue! lol
    And that hitmontop scares me when it angry! O_o
    Because those ennoying team rocket making there pokemon stronger! That so unfere.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Poor Lugia got captured when all it was doing was trying to save Silver from Team Rocket. The devices that Butch and Cassidy used to make their Pokemon stronger really worked. However, it was extremely unfair. Oh well, what else do you expect from Team Rocket. I noticed that when Noctowl and Crobat returned from looking for Silver that Crobat was blue.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Yes, it was strange to see a mistake with Crobat's color.

Lugia was mad, i loved to see it like this.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by [Cano] View Post
    What I don't understand is how a baby Lugia is even possible! I thought Legendaries were genderless. Not to mention there's only supposed to be one! And that doesn't seem to be the same Lugia from Pokemon: 2000 The Movie, but I guess the movies aren't connected with the show, which would explain some things, but not others. So anyone have a possible answer? Anyone?
    There is only one Lugia is the games but the anime is different. Most legendary pokemon can breed just like ordinary Pokemon.

This episode was ok... This was 1 of the rare times TR was able to defeat Ash and the gang. The method TR used to get Lugia was very clever. It was funny to see Meowth scratch a hole in the blown-up Lugia. Nanba drives me crazy in these episodes, can't stand his voice.

30/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast