Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Promise Is A Promise (224)

Default A Promise Is A Promise (224)

A Promise is a Promise!

The Parent Lugia is captures and Ash & Richie are captive in the Rocket's Underwater base. However they need to escape to rescue the Lugias...can they do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Any episode that shows Team Rocket in a more positive light is a good episode for me, and this was one of them. I love how they get to be the heroes for a change, letting that one kid know what the password is to let the twerps out of their cage. Plus, they get to kick Butch and Cassidy's butts. How great is that?

Fruity Guest

That is awesome. Jessie and James make better heroes anyway It's also nice to see the "Twerp Twins" (Ash and Richie, as Jessie called them once) back in action.

RaikouRider243 Guest

I'd always wondered what young Legendaries looked like. After this, I now know what a Lv5 Lugia looks like. It's adorable! XD

This episode rocked hard! Lots of action, some great battles, and I liked that Lugia chick, cute little guy. ^_^ Arbokk and Utsubotto did surprisngly well against the two Pokemon of Yamato and Kosaburou's that Satoshi and Hiroshi actully had trouble against in the previous episode. Dr. Nanaba was certainly an interesting Rocketto Dan member as well, and I'd like to see him in more episodes of the show (besides the Hoso specials).

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Little_Munkki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Juptile
    This episode rocked hard! Lots of action, some great battles, and I liked that Lugia chick, cute little guy. ^_^ Arbokk and Utsubotto did surprisngly well against the two Pokemon of Yamato and Kosaburou's that Satoshi and Hiroshi actully had trouble against in the previous episode. Dr. Nanaba was certainly an interesting Rocketto Dan member as well, and I'd like to see him in more episodes of the show (besides the Hoso specials).
    Ash and Richie's pokemon couldn't get a hit in because those headgear things made Houndour and Hitmontop so powerful. By that point in the third episode, Ash & Co had destroyed them. What I don't get is why it took Ash & Co two seconds to do so in this ep and weren't able to do it in the previous one.

But overall I agree. Like the other two, this one was great ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Munkki
    Ash and Richie's pokemon couldn't get a hit in because those headgear things made Houndour and Hitmontop so powerful. By that point in the third episode, Ash & Co had destroyed them. What I don't get is why it took Ash & Co two seconds to do so in this ep and weren't able to do it in the previous one.
    They obviously learned from their mistakes.

Anyway, I didn't like Prof. Nanba and his general opinion on Pokemon, when he talked to Ash and Co. At least, he got what deserved in the end big time.

I would have liked this episode more if Richie hadn't been in it. Other than that it was pretty good.

Very good for the fact TR decided to be good for a while ^_^

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

They captured Misty and just locked her up instead of torturing that beauty...incredible!

it sure was surprising to see a little lugia, it makes me wonder if other legendaries have them as well.

A nice end to the Lugia trilogy. It's to bad that this episode is also the last of many things we've seen in the series, Butch & Cassidy being truly evil, now them and Namba have become comic relief in the later episodes of the series, this is the last of TR as an organization being evil, and this is the last appearance of Ritchie in the main series we won't see him again until Chronicles.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

*snerks* Twerp Twins... I love it! ^_^ Indeed it was nice seeing Ritchie and Ash working together... too bad we never see Ritchie & Sparky anymore ;.; They're both awesome!

It's great that they saved the two Lugia, while at the same time laying some major butt-whupping on Team Rocket ^____^ Plus, Jessie and James? Totally awesome as heroes for a change.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ah this brings back memories.I remember the first time i watched this episode and i find it really sad because of Lugia and her child being captured by Team Rocket.
    Anyway it was nice to see Jessie and James playing the good guys role for a change fighting against their rivals Cassidy and Buitch.The whole episode was exciting and it was great to see Ash and Richie fighting together against Team Rocket.Sadly it seems that this was one of the last episodes of rocket organization being truly evil and it is rather sad that we never get to hear anything about Richie again aside from pokemon chronicles.

I like how Team Rocket acted for a change. Lugia was also pretty cool. Nice episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I am glad that Lugia and Silver were able to be reunited. I also think it was for the best that they left Ogi Isle to go live somewhere else. I felt bad for Oliver though, after all he did to rescue them. I thought it was nice to see Jessie and James help rescue the Lugias. I also liked seeing their battle against Cassidy and Butch. I thought it was nice to see Pikachu and Sparky defeat Namba's Electabuzz. Poor guy thought rage makes a Pokemon super strong. Anyways, I am going to miss the Whirl Islands.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Lugia was great, he was so strong. i loved also the battle with Namba VS Ash and Ritchi.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Great episode. A nice way to end the Lugia and Whirl Islands saga in my opinion. Ash actually did something (Ash broke the machine holding Pikachu captive) and I was glad both Ash and Richie's Pikachu took down Professor Nanba's Electabuzz during their battle, despite Electabuzz being powered up. Loved that there was a happy ending with Lugia and Silver being reunited at last. 9/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 2:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Ah this brings back memories.I remember the first time i watched this episode and i find it really sad because of Lugia and her child being captured by Team Rocket.
    Anyway it was nice to see Jessie and James playing the good guys role for a change fighting against their rivals Cassidy and Buitch.The whole episode was exciting and it was great to see Ash and Richie fighting together against Team Rocket.Sadly it seems that this was one of the last episodes of rocket organization being truly evil and it is rather sad that we never get to hear anything about Richie again aside from pokemon chronicles.
    Well yeah TR were acting like they are the good guys.
    Butch and Cassidy were stronger however Jessie and James gave a good fight.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Great episode. A nice way to end the Lugia and Whirl Islands saga.

Ash actually did something (Ash broke the machine holding Pikachu). Glad both Ash's and Richie's Pikachu took down Nanba's Electabuzz.

Loved that there was a happy ending and that Lugia and Silver were reunited. 9/10
    Agreed. The best Jotho arc ever! I've never really like Electabuzz in the anime. They all seem to be evil. This episode was very exciting!

This was a great episode, but Dr Namba's voice actor is annoying, but still it was nice to see Lugia rescued.

8/10

These three Lugia episodes are one of the best arcs in the whole series. Great to see TR do something good and give Oliver the code for the cage holding Ash and co. Dr Namba was truly evil, why was he the leader here and not Giovanni?

The three part was pretty good, I liked these episodes really. It's nice seeing TR helping for a change, shame they got sent flying (J&J I mean) with the other two.

Nanba or whatever does sound like an idiot, they did good in defeating him. I like the JJ & CB along with the twerp twins fighting in each scene, JJ actually did pretty well (Brock and Misty (Aside telling Poliwhirl to use water gun on the cage) were the only ones actually not attacking in this episode).

Why is it most Electabuzz are always angry or very mad.
    Lugia did a good save on A&R when the roof was about to fall on them.

On a side note: I only realized that Misty&Jessie have alot in common in Johto, they both have Pokemon that appear whenever they want or at the worst time. Yet when angry or determined they use Wobbefuet and Psyduck (Even if they don't win).

One last note, they should have gotten Misty, Brock and that kid to battle (And have Luka join them and battle if she has a Pokemon)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was cool. It was cool seeing TR being heroes for a change and helping release Lugia. It was cool seeing them kick Cassidy and Butch's butts. The way Richie and Ash destroyed the enhancers was very cool. Lugia's Safeguard to help the gang was very cool to see.

70/100

This was another good episode. Cool to see Team rocket help for once.

9/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast