Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: A Promise Is A Promise (224)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands as Shiny Hunter
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Dr Namba...ohh i don't like him! poor baby Lugia...how much i love this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    Agreed. The best Jotho arc ever! I've never really like Electabuzz in the anime. They all seem to be evil. This episode was very exciting!
    I totally agree... It gives the Pokemon Electabuzz a bad image, for no reason at all... Just like the Power Plant guard Electabuzz in "Current Events." On to this episode: this was an enjoyable episode and a good ending to this Lugia arc. It was nice to see that everything turned out all right. And Jessie and James were awesome and kicked butt in this episode! 10/10.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Europe
    Posts
    399

    Default

    This episode was great and a wonderful ending to the Lugia arc. Just how both Team Rocket and Ash were both the heroes in this episode was hilarious and I also enjoyed the reverse psychology with Butch guessing James' name wrong. Both this Team Rocket arc and the other one later on in Master Quest are some of the best episodes in my opinion.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    Excellent episode to end the Lugia arc, I was glad that Lugia and Silver were finally reunited. It was very nice that Ash and Richie's Pikachu took down Professor Namba's Electabuzz during the battle. I also loved seeing how Sparky shocked Namba. This is Ritchie's last main appearance, we won't see him again until Chronicles.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Team Rocket's stepping up a notch. But, I can't say the same for Jessie and James. I can only say that Arbok is their most decent battler. It's a shame Victreebel is only used for the laughs. Well, it's good Lugia and Silver are reunited.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Team Rocket's stepping up a notch. But, I can't say the same for Jessie and James. I can only say that Arbok is their most decent battler. It's a shame Victreebel is only used for the laughs. Well, it's good Lugia and Silver are reunited.
    Yeah. [I've always liked their Arbok... xD]

    Well, Victreebel is always a really good battler, you know, after it stops eating James, and actually starts fighting. I mean, the thing listens to him, and usually does a good job. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    This episode was great and a wonderful ending to the Lugia arc. Just how both Team Rocket and Ash were both the heroes in this episode was hilarious and I also enjoyed the reverse psychology with Butch guessing James' name wrong. Both this Team Rocket arc and the other one later on in Master Quest are some of the best episodes in my opinion.
    I liked that part too! xD

    James: "YOU SAID IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!"

    xD
    Last edited by Sushi; 1st January 2013 at 7:52 PM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    Yeah. [I've always liked their Arbok... xD]

    Well, Victreebel is always a really good battler, you know, after it stops eating James, and actually starts fighting. I mean, the thing listens to him, and usually does a good job. xD
    Yea, it's a good battler. But, how many wins has it gotten before?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post

    I liked that part too! xD

    James: "YOU SAID IT WRONG ON PURPOSE!"

    xD
    That part was funny!

    It was a great end to the arc, that Doctor Namba reminded me of Doctor Eggman from Sonic lol

    I am gonna miss the Whirl Isles, they had some of the best episodes I have seen.


    3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

    I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Coumarine City
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Meh .... I didn't like how Jessie, James and Meowth turned against their own group's plan and acted like heroes in this episode.
    But I did liked how Ash and Ritchie's took down Dr. Namba's(his voice was still annoying)Electrobuzz, despite it was being powered up. I'm glad Lugia and Silver left the Island after reuniting with each other.
    This three-part arc was pretty good, but this episode's plot was weak compared to the previous episode. I think It would be better if Team Rocket didn't helped them. Anybody else could've helped them or Ash and the others could've found a way out on their own, but sadly that didn't happen in this episode.
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Yamato and Kosaburo was certainly more competent than Musashi and Kojiro in my opinion. Great to see Satoshi and Hiroshi successfully released the baby Lugia. Great to see Lugia finally realise that Satoshi and friends were not bad guys after all. But the move it used looks a Mamoru/ Protect rather than Shinpi No Mamori/ Safeguard when the submarine is about to explode. Overall this episode was great and certainly unforgettable to me.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Glad everything worked out in the end and the mother and baby Lugia were reunited at last.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * * * * *
    * - Going mega


    Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •