Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throwing In The Noctowl! (225)

Default Throwing In The Noctowl! (225)

Throwing in the Noctowl!

Ash & Co. need to head back to Olivine City so they go on a plan with an Old Man and his Noctowl. HOwever they get caught in a storm...will they survive?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I know when I first saw this episode, I had to call my Jigglypuff-loving friend and tell her to watch Pokemon the next day (I was in college where Pokemon was on Saturday, and Chicago still had episodes on Sunday until VERY recently) because her favorite pokemon was going to be in it. Jigglypuff's unexpected appearance makes me miss her so much. We never get to see her anymore, and she used to pop up expectedly or unexpectedly all the time.

Also, I like that Team Rocket get to be with the twerps for most of the episode and nothing bad happens to them till the end.

Reminds me a bit of the episode in Kanto "A Scare In The Air!", with plane in the thunderstorms and also because Jigglypuff happened to be in it lol. Although in addition this time we actually have pokémon that saves the day in Noctowl, rather than it actually crashing.

I liked the way Noctowl was in a coma, then all of sudden seemed to know the situation with Plane and pulled them back on course. Nice to see both Noctowl's on at once, also good to know that Pokémon can live almost, if not as long as humans can.

This is my fav. Ep. because it has Noctowl in it as you can see Noctowl is my fav Pocket Monster (pokemon)!!!!!!

Little_Munkki Guest

There was a funny Team Rocket moment in this ep.

TR: Tries desparately to get the attention of Ash & co in the plane whilst being trapped in the T-Storm in their balloon.
    Ash: Hey, do you guys hear something?
    *Ash & Co spot TR outside*
    Ash & Co: IT'S TEAM ROCKET!!
    Jessie: Okay, now that we've established who we are...
    TR: SAVE US!!

Afetr wacthing this episode agian it reminds me that old people can be very bold and brave. Just take the noctowl for example most of it's time it just sleeps but when there is danger happening it comes to help. But of course it's all about jigglypuff. Even though it was one of it's short appearences it still made the episode feel great.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

A great episode.

Jigglypuff really messed up big time in this ep. Thankfully it got blown away litterally.

A boring filler if you ask me, not so exciting

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good filler coming off the Lugia arc, it was nice seeing the old Noctowl with the little beard tuft on it's face usually showing age on Pokemon is a though thing to do but I think they pulled it off in this episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Munkki View Post
    There was a funny Team Rocket moment in this ep.

TR: Tries desparately to get the attention of Ash & co in the plane whilst being trapped in the T-Storm in their balloon.
    Ash: Hey, do you guys hear something?
    *Ash & Co spot TR outside*
    Ash & Co: IT'S TEAM ROCKET!!
    Jessie: Okay, now that we've established who we are...
    TR: SAVE US!!
    The second best part about this episode.

Best part, obviously, was Jigglypuff being blown away~

Definitely my idea of a boring filler ep. Sadly, there's a lot more of them then I care to admit D:
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quite an enjoyable episode. Mostly due to the fact that it stars a Noctowl. Yay

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a decent episode though it could be better.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Nah...it was an ok episode, good to see an really old Noctowl
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode is great! I love ash's shiny noctowl and that old guy's noctowl.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

This was an okay episode in my opinion. It kind of confused me how Ash was able to climb to the top of a moving airplane. I liked the old Noctowl though. It was kind of nice to see what an older pokemon looks like. I am glad that they were able to safely make it back to Olivine City so Ash can battle Jasmine.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

The old Noctowl was strange, but alert.

And i loved to see Brock's Crobat. finaly it got some screentime

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The episode itself was rather forgetful, probably because I was more excited about actually arriving in Olivine City as opposed to the journey to get there. I thought the fact that Ash and Co. messed there ferry to Olivine was to be expected, I knew it was too soon to hope they'd make it to Olivine quickly.

The fact that they had to resort to flying to Olivine and not sailing to Olivine was odd, since it could've saved them a lot of time just to fly from island to island in the first place lol. Funny yo see Ash and Co. have to work for their trip on the airplane, seeing as how they usually would've just bought a ticket. I though the Old Man's tales of his younger days were interesting though, Hoot-Hoot has always been a favorite of mine.

When I saw Noctowl in the front seat, I thought it would just stay there, inactive throughout the entire episode, but I sure got my money's worth. I loved seeing both the Old Man's Noctowl and Ash's Noctowl trying to secure the airplane. The most intense moment, and the one I remember best was the moment the pilot sees a light in the distance and remembers that it's the Olivine Lighthouse. He almost crashed right into the cliffside. It was the only action I can remember though, 4/10.

It's an okay episode, a few funny bits like when TR was calling for help.
    I am surprised the plane didn't crash when they all fell asleep, and when Jigglypuff floated in the air and tried puffing up it looked angry at the storm.
    Nice seeing the two Noctowls flying the plane.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Anyone know what the music is called just after Poliwhirl and Staryu save the ship by using Water Gun on the ocean?? (it's quite harmonious)
    The Team

How I miss Jigglypuff...
    Hello!

xD

Didn't really like this episode much... The scene where TR tries to get the gang's attention to help them out in the thunderstorm was very funny. Didn't really like having to see Jigglypuff reappear in this episode. It was cool to see what a very old Noctowl looks like. It was definitely very alert.

13/100

This was an ok episode. It was nice to sse a normal Noctowl and since he is old it makes it more interesting.
    6/10

I love this episode! The old Noctowl was cool, with his beard, and Team Rocket getting in was cool as well. Jigglypuff appeared, which is also awesome, I love Jigglypuff. And Ash finally gave his Noctowl some screen time, which doesn't happen too often... 10/10.

This episode is classic. The old pilot and his Noctowl were great and I loved how at that point when Noctowl was really needed, he woke up from his sleep and helped. Maybe technically it wasn't a filler, I still enjoyed this episode solely for the fact that the character of the day was really great in this episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast