Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nerves Of Steelix! (226)

I always love gym battles but this one was pretty awful. The battle with Magnemite was very short, only Cyndaquil VS. Steelix was very nice to watch. Cyndaquil did all the job by itself, as happened in most of the Johto gym battles.

I wasn't suprised from Ash's strategy, he always finds ways to win battles like this.

Like with "Got Miltank?" this was yet another episode where Cyndaquil should've rightfully evolved.

Pikachu can't always have the good battles all the time, so most of the Johto Pokemon did somehow turned out to be more useful than we originally thought. If only Ash had trained them better before the conference, Cyndaquil would have evolved earlier, Totodile would have atleast learned a better move, and Ash's Kanto Pokemon wouldn't have took all the spotlight from the Johto ones.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 12th November 2010 at 8:29 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was very cool! The way Steelix used Crunch on that huge Wobuffet was very cool. The Pikachu vs Magnemite battle was cool, Ash's strategy to win was very cool to see. It did make me wonder why Pikachu still never learned Thunder Wave, and why Thunder Wave is never shown correctly in the Anime. Cyndaquil vs Steelix was the best battle! The way Cyndaquil hung in there and was finally able to win by using Flamethrower to set the Sandstorm on fire was very cool.

80/100

Very nice episode. Ash had a very good startegy. It was cool to see Steelix again. I personaly think Cyndaquil should have evolved in this episode,he deserves it.

9/10

Cyndaquil vs. Steelix is really one of the best executed battles in the entire saga, in my opinion. not much variety in moves, but it manages to keep your interest beginning to end.

Would've liked to see Jasmine with one more Pokemon. Two seems so meager at this point.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

The battle was really tense, cool and nice! Seeing Cyndaquil appear and battle was cool, and it was nice to see Cyndaquil being decisive and not Pikachu. I have this episode on DVD and posting in this thread makes me feel like rewatching this episode. 10/10.

Why Pikachu?? This could have been Bulbasaur's chance to enter a Johto gym before he left --'

I think this gym battle and episode was really well-done. Especially the battle between Steelix and Cyndaquil was absolutely entertaining to watch. I do find it peculiar that Cyndaquil didn't evolve in a episode like this, but instead     Spoiler:

Excellent gym battle episode, I thought Jasmine was going to use Ampharos. Cyndaquil VS Steelix was very intense. I also loved Brock's "Girldex" reading of Jasmine, really funny.

I remember that episode. The Steelix vs Cyndaquil so so epic, I really didn't know who was gonna win.
    My Soundcloud

My ReverbNation

Music & Musicians Alliance Club

A very good episode. Crunch is a fearsome attack, I wonder what would have happened if Cyndaquil had gotten hit by it? The damage from it looks devastating. This battle kind of reminds me of how Ash beat Koga.

Brock: I'll battle my broken heart
    Misty: And I'll battle the urge to be sick!

Hilarious!!!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Default Nerves Of Steelix!

This episode's dub title "Nerves of Steelix" is lame, 4kids should've came up with a better title. As for this episode itself, i thought It's dumb how Ash fell for Team Rocket's trap and they stole Pikachu. Ash should've guessed that the Wobufett statue was a trap. I didn't like Ash falling for Team Rocket's dumb trap, but liked Jasmine came to the rescue with her Steelix and orders it use Crunch, causing TR's Robot to explode.
    Pikachu and Magnamites battle was so-so, but Steelix and Cyndaquil's battle was great! I liked Ash's strategy, using Flamethrower to turning the tonardo into a blaze was a very smart move ..... and it worked perfectly. I'm glad Ash got the Mineral Badge from Jasmine. It was funny when Brock suddenly took Jasmine's hand and started to flirt with her, only to be dragged away by Misty.

Overall, a good Gym battle episode. It's great to see Ash using strategy in the battle. Seeing Jasmine again was nice, she was so beautiful and Hot. <3
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 8th April 2014 at 4:35 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Great gym battle and it was a close one. Hinoarashi surely rocks in this episode especially when he knock out Haganeil. Looked like the ability Blaze was activated although it did not exist. Finally I like the Sonans mecha especially when it used its hands to throw Pikachu into the mouth.

I'll be honest, I kind of miss gyms battles that Ash loses once and goes back for a rematch. Last time that happened was with Whitney. It get's kind of boring after a while seeing him (not necessarily so) easily beat the gym on the first try, at least to me.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12