Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerves Of Steelix! (226)

Default Nerves Of Steelix! (226)

Nerves Of Steelix!

Ash & Co. are finally back in Olivine City and Ash is eager to fight Jasmine in the Olivine Gym. However things turn to the worst when she uses her strong steel Pokémon including Steelix. Can Ash Win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I'm so annoyed I never saw this episode! And I love Steelix and it looks like such a cool episode! I hope that Sky One/Mix show it again someday (they don't seem to show ANY of Master Quest appart from "Address Unown" onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemonisgr8
    I hope that Sky One/Mix show it again someday (they don't seem to show ANY of Master Quest appart from "Address Unown" onwards)

yeah that is anoying isn't it!

It was a good match, the fight between Pikachu and Magnemite was a little dissapointing but that was more than made up for when the showdown between Cyndaquil and Steelix took place, I was on the edge of seat (well actually I was lying in my bed) but you know what I mean lol. Ash was clever to make Cyndaquil use flamethrower to manoeuver itslef around the place and also using the various holes Steelix dug to get in behind it. I thought Steelix's sandstorm couldn't hold on for long, Cyndaquil was right to keep at it.

Brock's impersonation of the Pokédex in defining Jasmine was quite funny, and then the ear pull lol.

i just saw this ep on my masterquest dvd!

i loved it so much! cyndaquil v steelix was awesome!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I just wish Cyndaquil had evolved. I'm still bitter about it.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Factory Head Noland Guest

I have completed one of my life goals today...I saw this episode!!!!! I had to get up at 6:55am but I'm not bothered. I'm doing the same tomorrow to watch "Bulbasaur...The Ambassador!", I haven't seen many MQ episodes because Sky One is crap.

This episode rocked! (or should I say...Steeled!) I loved Cyndaquil VS Steelix when Steelix was using Dig then Cyndaquil was jumping in the holes when Steelix was using Sandstorm.
    Sandstorm in this battle was different to when Harrison's Steelix used it, this was like a sand tornado...
    Such great battle strategy, I still can't believe Cyndaquil beat a Steelix!

We got to see a Crunch attack actually work when Steelix used Crunch against the Wobbuffet statue. Jasmine's Steelix was really strong and was always attacking, Cyndaquil was going at it with the Flamethrower attacks.

Pikachu VS Magnemite was great aswell (but not as good, lol) but I think Ash should've used Bayleef instead. Bayleef could've picked up Magnemite quickly with its Vine Whip and thrown it against the floor and then used Body Slam to squish it...

Overall 9.7/10
    Excellent episode, good-ish music, great battles.

Finally saw this episode.

"Steelix, use Iron Tail!"

*stick footage*

Heh. Man that got old. A decent enough fight, but it shows how weird things were then. Thunder Wave hurting? First use of Sandstorm to defend? That big of a Pokemon using Dig in that small of an arena? Oh well.

This is what make Cyndaquil so effin' awesome.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

I saw this episode again, and is was great. Not because of jasmine Because of the battle between Cyndaquil and Steelix. Great strategy, I'd love to see this episode again. 9/10.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

This episode had two definite highlights about it. For one, I loved the Wobbuffet statue. It's funny how Ash manages to fall for an obvious Team Rocket ploy in this episode. LOL The Samsonite luggage parody with the Snorlax and the pencil case was pretty funny too.

The other thing I really like about this episode is Cyndaquil's battle with Steelix. It was really a David and Goliath kind of battle, considering the humongous size difference. I liked when Cyndaquil heated up the swirling dust cloud steelix was in and managed to smoke it, knocking it out.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Cyndaquil is easily the best Johto starter (even better than Bayleef) in battle. And his dopey personality really suits it. It was way better than Torkoal, probaby because the writers prefer starters over everything else ever. But I would've liked to see Cyndaquil battle Magnemite and Totodile battle Steelix. It would just be good redemption for the little guy, as he deserved more glory in Johto.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Great gym battle between Jasmine & Ash. But I was easily annoyed by Team Rocket being cocky in a sadistic way when Ash & Co tried to stop them.

Cyndaquil should have evolved..>_>, but still, great battle with Steelix

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I just got to point out how stupid both Ash & TR are in this episode, first Ash should know by now that any strange statue or mech that appears mysteriously in front of him is usually a TR trap, second why on earth TR only tied up Pikachu in this episode is beyond me Pikachu could have easily shocked TR inside their cockpit and saved himself, and we could've saved Steelix as a surprise.

Excellent gym battle episode nice seeing Steelix make it's debut, but as I said above they should've saved it as a surprise, making Ash think Jasmine was going to use Ampharos, anyway loved that TR was dealt with at the beginning of the episode so they didn't interfere in the battle also loved Brock's "Girldex" reading of Jasmine. Grats to Ash for winning his sixth badge.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I remember, when I played against this Gym in my Silver version, that Steelix scared the hell out of me. Same rings true in this episode. Cyndaquil underground as an earthquake starts... I was literally hiding behind a pillow, hoping he'd make it out and win the battle.

Great battle ^_^ One of Ash's best, I'd say.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This episode truly deserves the title which it has,because the gym battle was definitely testing nerves.Whole battle was great and it seemed like it would never end especially between Steelix and Cyndaquil.Their battle was really full of unpredictable moves and twists bringing certain dose of intense which feeled present during the match.I like how Ash came up with idea of Cyndaquil using flame thrower to heat the tornado which Steelix used turning this into his advantage and winning the battle fair and square.

Pretty good episode. Of course he had to use Pikachu ._. Yeah that's a good matchup against Magnemite and Steelix.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a good episode though i'm disapointed that cyndaquil didn't evolved here, i was expecting it to happen.

It was a good episode, steel typs are my fave
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I love Cyndaquil and jasmine! Steelix looks scery in this season and the battle was good.
    Wow! I can beleve I like Steel Type. lol

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I thought this was a great gym battle between Ash and Jasmine. I thought Ash made super extremely smart strategical moves in order to defeat her. The battle between Magnimite and Pikachu wasn't anything special, but good nonetheless. The Steelix/Cyndaquil showdown was amazing though. I thought Ash was smart in using Cyndaquil's flamethrower at the wall to dosge, and then again when he had Cyndaquil heat up Steelix's sandstorm tornado. I was surprised that Ash didn't know that Team Rocket was behind the giant Wobbufet though.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great gym battle.

Cyndaquil was amazing. it defeated Jasmine's Steelix, it was awesome.

And loved to see all Ash's pokemon in the begining.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Interesting to see Ash and his Pokemon jogging and training the morning before the big Olivine City Gym battle. And then Team Rocket comes and attacks them and Jasmine and Steelix have to save Ash and his Pokemon. Isn't it usually the other way around? Anyway, the Gym battle was great. Magnemite was a total pushover, but Steelix was a lot to have to handle. Cyndaquil barely made it out of that battle alive! I'm glad this battle ended quickly and that the battle itself didn't drag as much as the others. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 6th December 2010 at 11:32 PM.

I loved the way Jasmine made her entrance, first Steelix comes out from the side of the cliff before Jasmine jumps onto Steelix (Ouch, jumping onto steel that much should hurt).
    I liked the double Onix attack, I like any double of the same species attacks like that, or counterparts working with or fighting against each other.

The gym battle was pretty good as well
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I must have first seen this episode when aired here when I was nine or so. I just have a very specific memory (rose tinted, of course) of Steelix doing sandstorm and Cyndaquil turning the said sandstorm into a spinning inferno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast