Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulbasaur...The Ambassador! (227)

Default Bulbasaur...The Ambassador! (227)

Bulbasaur...the Ambassador!

Ash & Co are heading back to Ecruteak City by blimp, however Prof. Oak asks Ash for his Bulbasaur to help settle a territorial dispute at the lab. Will Bulbasaur be able to stop the territorial dispute?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I....was so upset/mad that Bulbasaur left >< Bulba was so cool and cute ;-; It had been with him for such a long time and then he sends it back to Oak >>
    My TSV is 1021

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you. Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 3711, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 3404, 2844, 0801

Factory Head Noland Guest

Bulbasaur was with Ash all through Kanto, the Orange Islands and most of Johto. I didn't want it to leave either, it's a cool feisty Pokemon.
    I liked it when it returned in Hoenn ("Regaining The Pokeballs! Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur!") but it only stayed for one episode! It should have stayed longer....

Ororo Munroe Guest

This almost seemed like a hoso in the fact that it was about something at Oak's lab instead of Ash's journey. It did have to do with his journey and Ash was in it but it took place at Oak's lab. Anyways, it was a nice episode.

The end of the episode was rather sad. They made it look like Bulbasaur died.

Instead of Bulbasaur spontaniously learning Dig, I think a better way to have solved that part would have been for Heracross to save it.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

It was indeed sad when Bulbasaur left the group (because I like Ash's Bulbasaur) and before that when the rock came down onto Bulbasaur.

But for the most part, this episode was pretty damn good (I only say that because Tracey was in it)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Blaziken master Guest

I honestly thought that bulbasaur was really going to die in this episode,the way that the screen goes black as the rock lands ontop of him.Anyway its also cool to see heracross as well.He should have stayed{shakes fist}

Did Bulbasaur ever use Dig after this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Did Bulbasaur ever use Dig after this?
    Nope, never again. Well it didn't in Johto when it was called back to the league or in hoenn when it came back and in non of the Chronicals Eps I have seen it in so far.

Robert Guest

Personally, I thought it was a bit obvious Bulbasaur was going to live... And this is coming from someone that cried through the entire "Pikachu's Goodbye" episode. I did like this episode, though. It was sad to see another Pokemon leave, but at least he's right at Oak's lab.

Instead of Bulbasaur spontaniously learning Dig, I think a better way to have solved that part would have been for Heracross to save it.
    If they did that, they couldn't have made you think that Bulbasaur died.

Charmander 4 Guest

I'm sad he's gone, and I was in shock the first time I saw this episode, because I really thought Bulbasaur was gone, but when Professor Oak said "Where's Bulbasaur" in a nonchalant voice I knew everything was okay. IMO the writers getting rid of Bulbasaur was probably because they wanted Phanpy in, and somehow the writers torture us by giving the only Pokemon other than Pikachu away. At least its still at Oak's. Poor Squirtle, Charizard, and Pidgeot.

It's too bad that Bulbasaur went on pretty much permanent reserve with this episode. He was a great battler for Ash. At least he later came back in the Silver Conference and "Hokey Pokeballs", not to mention the end of season eight.

I did like that the episode gave us a chance to see Tracey and his pokemon, Delia and Mr. Mime, and Ash's other reserve pokemon again (I may not like Heracross, but seeing old pokemon is a treat). It was a nice break for a change.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

lightspeed Guest

This was a rather good episode, it was fun watching Bulbasaur leading the rest of the pokemon but it was really sad for it to leave and I love the part where it rescued oddish and used dig to avoid the falling boulder.

i actully thought the best poke in world died. i was heartbroken. ut then it was totally aswome wqhen he came out. Remember my fav. poke is bulbasaur

In my opinion, The pokemon that teams up the best with Ash is Bulbasaur. In my opinion, it does beat out Pikachu. Remember the episode where they battle in that championship against that skiploom? They were such a great team. Even when they battled against Hitmontop in that Dojo episode. Also, against the Rhyhorn in the episode where it was supposed to evolve. I could comfortabley picture Bulbasaur being Ash's first and most important Pokemon, if that's how the series started. It would seem just as, if not more right than with Pikachu. There was just that spunk about it that was great. It should have stayed with Ash throughout the rest of Johto, and through Hoenn. At least I think so. It would have been better if it could have seen everything in Hoenn with Ash.

I basically think the same thing about 70% of Ash's pokemon, (Only that they should see everything with him, not that they could have been Ash's first pokemon or anything else that I just said.) just because he basically abandons them after each journey he goes into, but Bulbasaur is the best. Hands down.
    Last edited by ReallyOcean; 7th May 2006 at 9:39 PM.
    hi there!

Although Bulbasaur does stay at Prof. Oak's lab, it's quite sad that it will never again travel with Ash because of his ambassador duties.

For a second there, I thought Bulbasur had died, in this episode, Bulbasur shined alot

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I also thought he died when I rewatched a week ago and then I realized that I forgot that he has come back a few times.

The episode was great and all of those Pokemon were mad ganging up on Bulbasaur
    And I came for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Although Bulbasaur does stay at Prof. Oak's lab, it's quite sad that it will never again travel with Ash because of his ambassador duties.
    Yeah reeks to be Bulbasaur. Did you notice however, in AG Ash did not fall off cliffs anymore so he didn't need a Pokemon who knew Vine Whip? Coincedence? I think not! Also why do the writers hate all of Ash's first Pokemon except Pikachu?
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenzo View Post
    Yeah reeks to be Bulbasaur. Did you notice however, in AG Ash did not fall off cliffs anymore so he didn't need a Pokemon who knew Vine Whip? Coincedence? I think not! Also why do the writers hate all of Ash's first Pokemon except Pikachu?
    Who said they hate Ash's first Pokemon? Are you insane? The Kanto trio returned MANY times.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Who said they hate Ash's first Pokemon? Are you insane? The Kanto trio returned MANY times.
    I meant Pidgeotto/Pidgeot and Squirtle because he got stuck with those squad losers. Also poor Butterfree was never mentioned again.
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

A very nice episode focusing on Bulbasaur and a very good episode coming off of Ash's last gym battle. It's nice seeing a episode focused mostly on Bulbasaur especially since it took a backseat to Chikorita/Bayleef in the Johto arc, it's sad to see Bulba go but now Ash;s entire team consist of Johto Pokemon excluding Pikachu, which we'll see repeated once the Hoen arc starts, and later on in Shinnoh.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I don't know, I think bulbasaur should have left a while ago. Considering the fact he was barely used why not drop him earlier?

FC: 0475 0331 5081

K I admit it... this episode actually made me cry. No, really.

When that boulder was heading right for Bulbasaur, and the screen turned grey, then white... and all the flashbacks... I literally thought Bulbasaur was dead. So I cried. Then Ash woke up all of a sudden, and I stopped. Then what do I see but Bulbasaur, that amazing little guy, climbing his way out of the ground, having dug a hole to save himself! Oh I cheered for that little bulby!

Awesome episode. I'll never forget it!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast