Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatching A Plan! (232)

Default Hatching A Plan! (232)

Hatching A Plan!

Ash's New Egg is starting to glow and hatches into a Phanpy! However soon after hatching, Phanpy runs off. Will Ash be able to find his new Pokémon before Team Rocket get it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Robert Guest

Ah, the episode where Ash gets . This was a pretty good episode. I liked seeing the development in Phan's attitude towards Ash. We again see an electric attack hurt a ground type... The rescue scene near the end was a bit difficult to swallow, however... Didn't seem at all realistic. Oh well, it was an otherwise good episode.

I felt bad for Phanpy when it got shocked by Pikachu's electricity, even though it probably shouldn't have been affected by the attack, but I'm glad phanpy bonded with Ash by the end of the episode. I did like how phanpy got interested in Meowth's tail, though, and the reference to snubbull. I also liked Jessie trying to start the motto an extra couple of times, and Team Rocket's shockproof outfits.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

One of the worst episodes ever mainly because of Team Rocket. I kinda like Phanpy though.

There's something philliac about Meowth's painted back side and Phanphy's trunk. Otherwise, TR once again steals the show. It twas cute seeing Ash try to cheer Pikachu up.
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

This episode was good. I have to admit, though, that Phanpy's dodging wasn't very good.
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

Aww.baby Phanphy got shocked, at least they managed to work things out , I love Ash's Phanpy, he's cute

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

The good news? Ash gets a Phanpy. The bad news? TR got that Phanpy and Pikachu made it go away since it shocked Phanpy down. The funniest part around is that when Meowth uses its tail for disguise as another Phanpy. However, when it did it the second time, Phanpy wouldn't follow. It turns to be a trick after all. It's impossible that Phanpy got shocked that's because electric attacks don't work well against gound types.

he he, phanphy got a big shock from pikachu that had to hurt
    it weasn't one of the best episodes but still nice, i'll give it a 8/10.

Good episode nice to finally see the egg Ash got hatch or evolve into a Phanpy since they really don't show hatching Pokemon anymore in the anime the just put in the evolving sequence and call that hatching. Phanpy is cute and a very good addition to Ash's team interesting that it actaully gets electrocuted in this when it's a ground Pokemon, but in later episodes they actually show Phanpy enjoying Pikachu's little shocks when playing around.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

So now we know the mystery of the egg.

Aw, this episode was kinda sad. I felt bad for Phanpy... but I think Ash really forged a deep bond with it in this episode, so that's always a plus ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Cute episode. I just love Phanpy. Too bad it got scared :/

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Its a nice Episode, Phanpy is a cute Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I felt bad for poor Phanpy throughout this episode. I think Ash was being a little too hard on it right when it just hatched. It only wanted to play. I also felt bad that it got electrocuted by Pikachu...even though it's a ground type. I am glad that everything worked out for the best though.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I love Phampy! The episode was good.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Phanpy was afraid of Ash and his friend, it was cute...but than it overcome it's feers, the battle with TR was good for him.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I was waiting for it to hatch. I had predicted a Wynaut (the commercials showed something blue with Ash for a split second).

It was good. I mean, it was sad that once it hatched, it was attacked but it was still good. Something new every once in a while is ok with me.

Here's to Phanpy's bright future, 8/10

Now when I see again Phanpy running away only because of Pikachu's Electric move, I'm happy. Phanpy showed later that it is capabale to be strong and mature and did what Ash's been doing all the time -- to blast Team Rocket!

This episode was very cool. Seeing Phanpy for the 1st time, and being the Pokemon that hatched from the egg was very cool. Phanpy is very cute! Meowth making his tail look like Phanpy was very odd. It was nice to see Phanpy warming up to Ash as the episode went on. Its Rollout attack is very cool to look at.

50/100

This episode was good. Cool to see Phanphy for the first time. Ashame Ash did not use it for his proper team at this point.

7/10

My question is, why did TR place Pikachu and Phanpy in a cage on the very edge of a cliff? They fail pretty epically sometimes.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

While this episode was quite boring in a way, I did like cute little Phanpy and - while not being the strongest member of Ash's party - it was certainly later on a beast of Pokémon and I think it was really well-thought of the writers to bring Phanpy back for another tour in the Battle Frontier.

Phanpy is at one point scared of Pikachu. This is a reference to the urban legend that elephants are scared of mice (in this case, the elephant is Phanpy and the mouse is Pikachu).
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

An okay episode wasn't too impressed by it. Phanpy is such a cute baby elephant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast