Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Adulations! (587)

Mamoswine does know a ground attack, it has dig.

Dub title guess: Aggron-vated Assault

XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It'll probably be more like An (or one) Aggron-sive Swine

true original diva

A bit disappointed overall, however, some points were f***ing epic.

a. When Aggron first attacked Mamoswine, Dawn, and others on the cliff and the cliff collapsed, sending all of the party plummeting off the side of the cliff.

b. When Piplup summoned up a sixty foot whirlpool and instantaneously seized it into a regular bucket.

c. When Mamoswine somehow deflected a missile ready to explode using only its tusks after about a twenty second time lapse.

Some points that REALLY let me down.

a. Mamoswine, this GIGANTIC WOOLY CREATURE, scuffs its leg up slightly, not even damaging the skin, and takes nearly the entire episode to heal.

b. Instead of protecting her Pokemon, Dawn, yet again, doesn't fail to surprise us, as she sends out both her Pachirisu and Ambipom to take care of Team Rocket and Aggron with a rock and growling noises.

c. Miraculously, the type of berries needed for healing were found less than twenty steps away from their current location.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyqtk View Post
    b. Instead of protecting her Pokemon, Dawn, yet again, doesn't fail to surprise us, as she sends out both her Pachirisu and Ambipom to take care of Team Rocket and Aggron with a rock and growling noises.
    The purpose of which was to protect Mamoswine...so I don't see your point. Also, Pachirisu went on its own.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This episode was...ok, although the fact that a 641.5 pound mammoth with thick fur took almost an entire episode to heal.
    They should've used a different pokémon like Rhydon or Tauros as a rampaging pokémon.
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

I'm glad this didn't drag out like Charizard. I really want to see Mamoswine do more then lay around.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I'm glad it seems Mamoswine is still not fully obedient yet.
    What gives you that impression?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Not being a nostalgia-lover I have to say that I liked Charizard Chills a lot better.

While it was cute how every one of Hikari&#180;s Pok&#233;mon wanted to help Mamo the episode lacked the emotional feeling I expect from episode like this.

The Aggron plot wasn&#180;t that interesting as well.

How convenient that Satoshi and Takeshi weren&#180;t able to find Hikari until the end of the episode even with TWO (awesome) flying Pok&#233;mon out there to look for her.
    I guess Muku and the Riolu-spot-stealer didn&#180;t really try...

Hikari and her Pokemon fell off a cliff and walk a few meters after their fall yet Satoshi isn&#180;t able to see them standing at the cliff? I thought Mamo should be big enough to be seen from a distance. Or was the tree too big? meh...forced plots...

The real highlight in this episodes were Hikari&#180;s flashbacks. At least in flashbacks Takeshi has a purpose
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

So I watched this episode and then "Charizard Chills" right after each other.

And as said, Charizard's episode was a lot better. I guess it had to with the fact that Charizard was disobediant for a hell of a long time, so we always wanted to see Ash gain control of it, especially after it caused Ash to lose the Indigo league.

The "character moments" of Ash rubbing it with his hands rubbing raw, and the Ice beam being the cause of it was a lot better than Mamoswine's dilemmna.

I have to say the original wins out here, Charizard's ep was much better than Mamoswines.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So I watched this episode and then "Charizard Chills" right after each other.

And as said, Charizard's episode was a lot better. I guess it had to with the fact that Charizard was disobediant for a hell of a long time, so we always wanted to see Ash gain control of it, especially after it caused Ash to lose the Indigo league.

The "character moments" of Ash rubbing it with his hands rubbing raw, and the Ice beam being the cause of it was a lot better than Mamoswine's dilemmna.

I have to say the original wins out here, Charizard's ep was much better than Mamoswines.
    That's probably because Charizard's episode was first and also because it was Ash's (the main character's). Yet I must admit that the Dawn-Mamoswine bond was shown to still be very powerful and the scene where Dawn treats her pokemon is simply wonderful and touching.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I was really hoping to see Mamoswine pull a Bayleef and charge and tackle Dawn. Maybe throw her up in the air once in a while.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I dont think Mamoswine belongs with her its all big and its kinda weird something like that can use dig.
    Looking for shiny Aipom, offering shinies, any item I have, or a wishmaker jirachi

Not one of you people. She doesn't have to have cute Pok&#233;mon, May doesn't have all cute Pok&#233;mon.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I think using the word 'meh' here works. Because nothing majorly new happened, although I did like TR's mecha. Anything Golem is good with me.
    However, my biggest qualm with this episode? Hikari runs out of water to drink, but has to find a stream in order to fill her bottle. What about the water-type penguin on her shoulder, who can summon up water from mystical places...?

Do the Robot!

Great Episode...Mamoswine v.s Aggron<3
    I love this episode once i saw it ^-^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was a killer, i like mamoswine and now that it does something right, its awesome. I liked how ambipom scared team rocket, lol.

Mamoswine got wounded by one of my favorite Hoenn pokemon, Aggron (you don't mess with it), oh noes. Luckily, Dawn knows how to care of it thanks to Brock's advice from Battle Dimensions. I'm guessing that now that Mamoswine defeated Aggron in a rematch, it'll obey Dawn's orders right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Mamoswine got wounded by one of my favorite Hoenn pokemon, Aggron (you don't mess with it), oh noes. Luckily, Dawn knows how to care of it thanks to Brock's advice from Battle Dimensions. I'm guessing that now that Mamoswine defeated Aggron in a rematch, it'll obey Dawn's orders right?
    Right.

This episode was actually pretty funny. I laughed pretty hard when they zoomed out showing Dawn, buneary, pachirisu, and piplup being chased by agron. Also when ambipom scared team rocket away. This episode was better than I expected

Well, it looks like Jupiter isn't going to do a bullet-point summary of this episode, so I guess I'll try it out for size.

- Ash & the gang are traveling on god knows what pathway, & Dawn runs out of water. NO!!!! They're going to die from dehydration!!
    - Dawn sets off by herself to the nearest river to refill her bottle...
    - ...& she also comes up onto an Aggron, which makes its entry by firing off an SBC at Dawn.
    - The force of the said SBC sends Dawn & her Piplup into the river, & she gets washed downstream.
    - She hauls herself out of the river, all soaked, & is none too happy about being attacked by this Aggron. Unfortunately for her, she is now lost, so she begins her futile attempt to search for Ash & Brock.
    - It also just so happens to be that these two are also worried about Dawn, as they've found her water bottle lying next to the riverbank, so now they start their own search for her. Ash, however, is better equipped for conducting searches, as he has Gliscor & his shiny new Staraptor.
    - TR finds Dawn wandering off into god knows where, & decide to go after her. They fire off a white smoke bomb, which bewilders Dawn...
    - ...& here comes the TR motto. Time to mute the TV........
    - ...are they done yet? Good, un-mute the TV, & lets continue. They try to capture Dawn's Piplup, but she manages to avoid the attempt, so TR are forced into a fight.
    - Halfway into the fight, Dawn hitails it out of here. Unbekownst to TR as to why she ran, they call her a coward.
    - They then turn around to find that same Aggron bearing down on them. It fires off another SBC at TR, & they start running like madmen.
    - In the meantime, Dawn finds a clearing in the forest, & utilizes her Buneary & Pachirisu to send out a signal in the hopes that Ash would find her. The problem? "Everyone" can see it, including that Aggron that they're trying to escape from.
    - Again, they start running some more, but they run into a cliff, & are thus cornered by the Aggron. Having little choice, Dawn sends out her Mamoswine, & feed it a poffin to get it to fight.
    - However, I think that the feeding was unnecessary, as the Aggron fired another SBC onto Mamoswine. Being none too pleased, Mamoswine trys to fend Aggron off, but it gets knocked down from the cliff, sending it as well as everyone else tumbling down.
    - Mamoswine happens to be injured from this fight, as well as from the fall. Dawn, remembering her lesson from Brock, makes it a bed from all the leafy branches that she & the rest of her Pokemon can get, & they help Mamoswine out onto the bed.
    - They then use some more branches to conceal Mamoswine fron danger, whilst they go off to find Oran Berries as well as some other natural mediciments.
    - After patching Mamoswine up, Dawn utilizes a bucket, her Piplup, & her Buneary to get some ice to apply to Mamoswines leg.
    - TR comes by their hidey hole, looking for Dawn, & she uses her Ambipom to scare them off. How? By slamming a rock onto the ground as hard as it can. Since there is a threat of Aggron attacks here, it worked.
    - Speaking of which, that Aggron also stops by, trying to sniff her out, but it gets diverted by the rustling bushes. That would actually be her Pachirisu, lending a hand once more to Dawn.
    - Nighttime comes by, & Ash hasn't found her yet, so they hunker down into a cave for the night. But it's a restless night for the both of them.
    - It's also a restless night for Dawn as well, as she's checking out her Mamoswine.
    - Sunrise approaches, but so is a makeshift Golem mecha from TR coming as well, & they're looking to settle the score with Aggron.
    - They find it, & they duke it out. It seems like they're getting the better of Aggron, but in the middle of the fight, they uncover Dawn's hiding spot.
    - "If she can hide that, she can hide anything!" Indeed...
    - They then divert their attention to Dawn & her Pokemon, but Mamoswine has got other ideas.
    - Better yet, Ash & Brock find her & join the fray.
    - The combined effort from Dawn & Ash are too much for TR & their mecha to take, & they get sent flying off to god knows where, like they usually do...
    - However, Aggron is still there, but Mamoswine scoops up Dawn & her Pokemon onto its back & dukes it out with Aggron.
    - This time, however, Aggron gets the #%$@ beaten out of it, & begins to run the other way.
    - Now that everything is well, Mamoswine dines on the bushels of bananas that she found while finding her berries.
    - & all this happened because she lost Mamoswine's Pokeball...

& that's my bullet summary that's in place of Jupiter's for this episode.

*leaves*

This episode seemed pretty decent actually. Great character development for both Mamoswine and Dawn. I liked how Dawn did what Brock told her to do back when Pachirisu had that fever.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Yeah, the episode was quite nice actually. Pretty sweet to have some flash back scenes from "Doc Brock!" for Dawn to cure Mamoswine to health. And awesome of Dawn's Pokemon to help out, and which I found Ambipom to be great as usual. *sigh*

Plus overall, I liked the Battle between Aggron and Mamoswine, especially the cool music. Which I cant recall atm, xD. Mamoswine then obeying Dawn was a sight to see, though I saw it coming.

Now, next well, we will go HD.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

A marvelous filler episode like others. Mamoswine finally obeys Dawn, however will it be in contests? Another note, how come some scenes felt like they were skipping around? Like the one scene where Pikachu gets hit by Aggron and in the next second, the thing jumps off facing Ash and Brock foot to foot.

Mamoswine starts obeying Dawn, meaning this is not a filler episode.

I've been waiting for this episode, and I liked it. I can't help but laugh how Ambipom sent Team Rocket running just from using a rock.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

As I couldn't find this episode on the internet, I actually had to fall back on the original, Japanese version (the last time that happened was when CN screwed up the broadcast of "The Keystone Pops"). Thus, I can't make a judgment or comment on the US version, but I'm sure that it was great as well. (I just can't get used to the Japanese voices, which somehow sound too shrill if you ask me)

Anyways, a great episode, this time with the focus on Dawn. I particularly liked when she made a bed for Mamoswine, using the branches of the tree and treated its wound with care and affection! That's what dinstinguishes great Pokemon-Trainers from lousy wannabe-trainers. A really cute moment also was when Dawn's Pokemon slept side by side using the branches as blanket.
    These two scenes really moves me. Yes, even though I may seem to be a diamond in the rough, I can also be very soft, if the situation requires it.

Then, of course, we had the action-packed and hard scenes, for example when Dawn fell off that rock or the brutal clash between Mamoswine and Aggron. Yeah, that's Pokemon at its best and I hope we'll get to see lots of such scenes in the future.

But there's one thing I didn't quite get:
    Soon after Dawn and her Pokemon had fallen off said rock, Ash and Brock were standing at exactly the same place, looking for her friend.
    But as we're supposed to believe that Mamoswine could hardly move (in the episode you could see that it dragged itself only a few steps, if anything) it should have been possible for Ash and Brock to actually see Dawn as she couldn't obviously be far away. This was some kind of logical mistake if you ask me. I wonder what you think about it.

All in all, an awesome, but above all, a moving episode which deserves
    7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I loved this episode. I'm happy that Mamoswine will now finally listen to Dawn's commands. [s]took shorter then Charizard[s/]

Aggron was probably the perfect Pokemon for it. It's strong (not uber strong) and is heavy like Mamoswine. Also, I figured Mamoswine's Pokeball was up at the cliff, because Dawn must have lost grip of it when they fell.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast