Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Adulations! (587)

My only complaint with this episode is that it made Dawn look really weak.

She had to hide from Team Rocket? Wouldn't Piplup, Ambipom, Buneary, or Pachirisu be good enough to defeat them?

And Aggron, why couldn't Piplup or Ambipom beat it? At least Piplup and Ambipom(focus punch) would have a type advantage rather than a disadvantage like Mamoswine

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

well they didnt need to get any attention from from aggron by battling team rocket, though they did!i liked it and am happy im just confused how pokemon's behavior changes when they evolve cuz swinub liked her then became piloswine then mamoswine and didnt obey her. i liked the ambipom part where she hit the rock against the ground. she must be strong cuz she evn shook the ground hard
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    My only complaint with this episode is that it made Dawn look really weak.

She had to hide from Team Rocket? Wouldn't Piplup, Ambipom, Buneary, or Pachirisu be good enough to defeat them?

And Aggron, why couldn't Piplup or Ambipom beat it? At least Piplup and Ambipom(focus punch) would have a type advantage rather than a disadvantage like Mamoswine
    She wasn't hiding from TR but from Aggron.

Ehh this episode was okay but I do agree thunderblade this did make dawn look weak ambipom and piplup could to care of it together with little trouble I dont see why she didnt just beat aggron contest style

Oh yeah, Ambipom giving Team Rocket a scare with a rock was hilarious. xD That was probably one of my fav parts in the episodes.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Well... definetely not in the top ten of favorites... I don't even think this is in the Top 100 for me... It was outclassed by its predecessor, Charizard Chills, for many reasons, but instead of going into a rant, I think I'll just give a play-by-play.

Epic entrance for Aggron! It just appears and Hyper Beams Dawn into the current! FTW! I think the only reason I liked this episode was because of Aggron...

Now, I'm going to go off on a tangent here and question the dub title... Trials and Adulations? ... I have no idea how that relates to this episode but... anyway... maybe they've run out of ideas already at PUSA...?

And, another tangent, she's checking Aggron in the Pokedex, why?! She just saw it, like, 6 episodes ago! *spaces out* Oh! Another FTW for Aggron... against Pikachu of all Pokemon! ... *spaces out again* Some talk about iron, Ash uses both Flying types to search, Dawn running around looking too...

Oh, look... Team Rocket... And they actually have a good plan... simple: crush the new guy [girl] strategy! She's running from an Aggron when she has Pokemon with strong attacks against it... The odds are in TR's favor...

Motto... Dialouge.... smoke bomb... screen-hogger vs. Yanmega... okay, odds not in their favor anymore... oh look, Dawn ran away... oh, it's just because Aggron's back... And despite encountering Aggron on several occassions, TR is clueless... Ash and co. searching... Dawn sends up a flare and it is seen by everyone, EXCEPT the clueless Ash and co.! ... I'm beginning to see a pattern here... Aggron appears and chases everyone

Earth to TR! Why not just capture the Aggron?! Ash and co. will actually thank you for capturing a Pokemon for once!
    And let's bring out Mamoswine to complete the set because everyone needs exercise today! And despite attacking for no reason usually, Aggron is taking its sweet time finishing Dawn off... FINALLY! Some action! Aggron uses something besides Hyper Beam! Mamo is outclassed and breaks the cliff! ... Nice choice, Dawn...

And because Mamo wasn't abused enough, everyone falls on it! ... No, it doesn't hurt, Dawn, you just crushed it is all! And to top it off, Dawn loses its pokeball; sounds more like Snorlax than Charizard to me...

Great idea, Dawn, hide the giant, 600-pound elephant! Too bad there isn't a tiny crevice you can shove it in! And Ambipom wants exercise by running from Aggron too! Sadly, it only carries twigs that could give Mamo a splinter! Good work, Dawn, make the injured Pokemon walk to its splintery bed! ... Great camoflauge! Nobody will suspect the pile of shrubbery with giant eyes and nose is actually Mamoswine!... Yay! Flashback!

*spaces out* Dawn applies first-aid, Ash is Sherlock Holmes and Captain Obvious... Uh-oh! Team Rocket! What will Dawn ever do with four Pokemon fit to fight with varying movepools?! *spaces out*

You know, Pachi is smarter than most people give it credit for, kudos to you, Pachi! *spaces out* More healing.. more searching... Oh! TR somehow gets a mecha... and it's a Golem!... but it's pushed around by Aggron.... and epic fail... *spaces out* dialouge.. MUKUHAWK finds Dawn... Mamo saves Dawn and co. when they are frozen with fear.... group is reunited... Pika vs. Yanmega... surprise, surprise... Ashy wins again...

And all that attracts Aggron and Mamo finally listens to Dawn [would have liked that to be a more developed plot]... Dawn wins... hu-rray....

Mamo stuffs its face at the end of an episode.... again...

Again, not the most impressive episode as far as I'm concerned despite Aggron being the best Pokemon villain!
    The Bad Guys Rule!

it's a nice episode, its just shows that Dawn really is an interesting chracter that can actually have an episode focusing on her and yet still be quite good.
    but I think they kind of messed up with Mamoswine, they could do it a bit more exciting with him starting to obey Dawn like they did with Ash and his charizard/pikachu, but still a nice episode
    plus the fact Pachirisu was out of its pokeball and could use his cuteness
    which made the episode that much better
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Great episode.. Dawn really has become a great pokemon trainer and not of battles,.but being able to take care of ehr pokemon too. Loved they had her remmeber everything she learned from Brock. when ash saw thwe pokebacll he was like. A pokeball!
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 16th August 2009 at 1:33 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Episode was great. Poor Mamoswine was injured.
    It was cool seeing Dawn and her Pokemon alone without Ash and Brock to help...

I really liked that Dawn was able to use what she learned from Brock when Pachirisu was sick. Aagron attacking Team Rocket, Dawn, and Ash and Brock was a good conflict to throw into this episode. Ambipom using a rock to scare of Team Rocket was pretty funny and the rest of Dawns team was wanting to help Mamoswine was nice to see. A pretty nice episode to watch.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode was good. A decent filler. Glad Mamoswine finally started to listen to Dawn.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

While this episode screamed "Charizard Chills", I still enjoyed it. Mamoswine was well overdue for some proper screen-time. Ugh....I just wish the rest of her team had more of an emphasis on "Monster" rather than "Pocket". Buneary is getting genuinely mundane.
    “Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves.”

Why is everyone calling this a filler. Mamoswine starts obeying Dawn, meaning it isn't filler.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 18th August 2009 at 10:39 PM.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

^ I knew it, I knew it! Dawn is a pokemon, so the next time I see Dawn in my platinum game I will try and catch her.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    ^ I knew it, I knew it! Dawn is a pokemon, so the next time I see Dawn in my platinum game I will try and catch her.
    lol don't be mean it was an honest mistake

by the way I take back what I said, after seeing the episode once again I decided it wasn't half bad..... and Dawn and Mamoswine had their touchy moment
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was good. A decent filler. Glad Mamoswine finally started to listen to Dawn.
    This isn't a filler. It contains character development for Mamoswine. This is a great episode and it was cool at the end when Mamoswine got everyone one its back to fight TR.

Good episode. Liked how Dawn remembered the first aid tips from Brock and yay Mamoswime is listening to her now ^_^. Ashs oh a pokeball line was quite funny as well the way Ash spoke it made me laugh. Also Dawns pokemon helping her as well ws quite good
    And i wouldnt really call it a filler as well but i wouldnt really call it an important episode as well- something in the middle i would call it

Did anyone else catch when Jessie ordered Yanmega to use AsianPower? That was the entertainment high point for me. Other than that. . . I'm at least glad that Brock's episode was flashback-ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

You just don't hear properly.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    You just don't hear properly.
    LINK REMOVED It's at 5:04. Of course it's not intentional, but the pronunciation of "ancient" is truly butchered.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 10th September 2009 at 1:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

It was a great episode, and like someone said wasn't a rip-off of Charizard Chills.

Though, its strange that they never explained why Aggron was such a jerk.

I wonder........
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1308 View Post
    Rewatch it. It's at 5:04. Of course it's not intentional, but the pronunciation of "ancient" is truly butchered.
    No it isn't. She clearly says Ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    It was a great episode, and like someone said wasn't a rip-off of Charizard Chills.

Though, its strange that they never explained why Aggron was such a jerk.

I wonder........
    what do u mean its strange they never explained that? brock said that they were by iron that aggron eats so it thought they were invading its territory.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I think its a great episode to develope Dawn and her pokemons character. Im a huge critic on Anime with characters that are bland and boring like Brock from the first generation.

It was a great episode and one of those episodes that all the people say they are fillers but is not.
    My partner is Torterra. Cause he has free food

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360 Turtwig FTW and In Uber~ Elementer

good episode. love dawn and her pokemon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast