Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble! (235)

Hybrid View

Default A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble! (235)

A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble!

Heading towards Mahogany Town, Ash & Co. meet the Karate King and discover a renegade Tyrogue. The Karate King wants to catch it to help it train. Will he succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This ep has two titles

"A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble" and "Fit to Be Tyrogued" (I think that was the alternte title?) but i missed this ep! Was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    This ep has two titles

"A Tyrogue Full Of Trouble" and "Fit to Be Tyrogued" (I think that was the alternte title?) but i missed this ep! Was it any good?
    No. In fact, it was one of the Worst Episodes Ever. Not only does it feature one of the ugliest Pokemon ever, but nothing of relevence happens. Ash and co. don't even DO anything. They just... are there.

Not a very good episode at all to me really. It confused me as to why Satoshi didnt bring up that he won the P-1 tournament a year or two ago, I would have liked to hear him at least mention Okorizaru to prove he hasen't forgetten about it. Also that Barukii seemed WAY too overpowered, beating it's two evolved forms Sawamular and Ebiwalar like it was nothing.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    Not a very good episode at all to me really. It confused me as to why Satoshi didnt bring up that he won the P-1 tournament a year or two ago, I would have liked to hear him at least mention Okorizaru to prove he hasen't forgetten about it. Also that Barukii seemed WAY too overpowered, beating it's two evolved forms Sawamular and Ebiwalar like it was nothing.
    I'd have to agree with you. This episode made no sense, and there wasn't anything unique to it. Sure, we remembered Primeape, but so what? Nothing else really happened anyway =\
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Robert Guest

... I suppose I'm a rebel; I enjoyed this episode. Just because Ty isn't evolved doesn't mean that it could be stronger and higher levelled than its evolved forms in battle. I kind of liked how the guy in this episode was super strong... I found myself saying, "Boy, life would be so easy if I was as strong as him..." XD

The main flaw of the episode, as stated by Alfonso, Ash and co. hardly did anything... I still enjoyed it, however.

Apart from the references to Chuck, who's been one of my favorite gym leaders, and the great boxing motto, this episode wasn't all that memorable. I do feel for the tyrogue and its distrust of humans, and I'm glad that it finally came around to trusting that one guy, but otherwise it isn't that special. Good backstory, not so great present story.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Blaziken master Guest

I woke up to watch this episode and boy was I disappointed.It was so dull at points and the team rocket fight at the end had no feeling.The only good things was the reference to Chuck and seeing the blackbelt Kiyo.

A very boring filler -_-, I hardly remember this

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I thought it was a nice filler, i'm surprised with all the references of the P1 Grand Prix in this episode the writer's never made any attempt to reference Ash's win in the tournament with his Primeape back in Kanto, as for the Pokedex calling Tyrogue the evolved form of Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan i'm sure that can be attributed to a simple script error which was over looked.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Not a bad episode,despite the fact that Ash and co. hardly did something in it.It was quite unique in some elements,and i still remember how i was impressed with Nobuhikos strenght.I must admit it doesnt happens very often that human battles against pokemon.

It only did bother me how Ash didnt even mentioned how he once won this type of tournament back than in Kanto with Primeape,considering how this episode had references to the P-1 tournament.Oh well,all in all this was a decent episode.

This episode was bad. Boring and all. I don't like fighting Pokemon anyway.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

i have seen way better episodes then this, meh.

It was a nice episode...Tyrogue made the episode woth watching imo
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really didn't care for this episode much. Ash, Misty, and Brock really weren't even involved in it. It was mainly just about Kiyo and Tyrogue. I can understand how Tyrogue feels after being abandoned. I am also glad that it decided to be with Kiyo. I wish that Ash would have mentioned that he won the P-1 Grand Prix instead of acting like he didn't even know what it is. I also noticed in the Pokedex entry it said Tyrogue is the evolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. First off, it is the pre-evolved form, and second, it doesn't even mention Hitmontop. I also thought I heard Kiyo call Chuck's gym badge the Star Badge. Although, my ears could have been decieving me there. Well Tyrogue seemed to be a strong Pokemon, so I'm glad for Kiyo.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

good episode. Tyrogue's voice is annoying.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Tyrogue was so stubborn, and strong too.

It was strange to see a human beats it...

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I can't believe Ash couldn't remember the P1 Grand Prix when he won this with Primeape. Also I thought Ash's Primeape and Anthony might have made a re-appearance in this.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 31st January 2010 at 10:00 PM.

I liked that Tyrouge was portrayed as misunderstood in the anime. In the games, it's more commonly portrayed as gutsy

The Fighting trainer trying to reach out to Tyrouge was touching, but as it's name implies, it's a rouge. It likes to be alone. I'm glad that things got settled and that it found a new home with a trainer who could teach it from scratch.

Loved that Chuck made a brief appearance, albeit in a flashback :/ 4/10

Pretty boring episode in my opinion. The only funny part was when the gang just got out of the tunnel and brock offered the Tyrogue some food, but it ended up stealing all of their food. It was interesting to see a trainer fight and catch a pokemon.

That was an interesting way how to catch a Pokemon. Battling it yourself must be quite hard to do.

Pretty boring episode in my opinion. The only funny part was when the gang just got out of the tunnel and brock offered the Tyrogue some food, but it ended up stealing all of their food. It was interesting to see a trainer fight and catch a pokemon.

Meh, I liked it. It could have been better, but Tyrogue and the Hitmons are my all time favorite pokemon. I'm also a big fan of fighting types in general, the only one I dislike being Primeape. Yes, I didn't like Tyrogue's voice, it was a little Mickey-Mouse like. And the guy who said it should be thrown in jail, I couldn't help but say (outloud, mind you) "It's a f***in' animal! You can't put an ANIMAL in jail, you f***-t***!" Made me think of Kelso on That 70's Show wanting to put a dog in handcuffs.

Personally, I like the way I hear my tyrogue in my head better. (Like little Walter Sullivan of Silent Hill 4. Not the Full-grown Serial-killer Kurt Cobain look alike, the little Jacob Lloyd look alike...(for those of you that don't know, Jacob Lloyd was the little boy who played Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace)...the little boy who leaves the "momy, y doesnt u wake up?" note under your door....I need to stop before this turns into a Silent Hill rant...as most things do...)

Also, I laughed out loud when I heard the pokedex call Tyrogue Hitmonchan/lee's evolution. Oh....ha.....

~Nemmeh and also
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I think Tyrogue behavior was pretty bad. I'm happy that a kind man helped it to bahave nice and not to fight with people.

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Tyrogue for the 1st time. Tyrogue is a very strong Pokemon! The Karate King is very cool and very strong as well. I'm glad he earned Tyrogue's respect and then caught it in the end. It was understandable why Tyrogue didn't really trust humans at 1st.

18/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast