Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xatu The Future! (236)

Am I the only person who was confused about what actually went on in this episode? 6 years later, and I still don't fully understand the plot and why they had to show Xatu under such circumstances. I liked that Xatu could see into the future though, despite it looking like such an odd Pokemon. But it's still odd and unnecessary. 2/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 7:25 PM.

It was an interesting story to say aleast. Jessie really was a bad weather forecaster lol, I wonder what Xatu exactly saw? I guess seeing her entire past (Or future) would make anyone faint.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I think Jessie's old dream was nice, but she's with Team Rocket!
    Those Xatus' power is actually unknown...

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Xatu for the 1st time. TR was very funny after they were filling the Pitfall Trap. When Xatu thought Jessie's past was too complicated for it I couldn't stop laughing! The Flag language was very confusing and hard to understand.

24/100

This episode was ok. It was cool to see Natu again and to see Xatu for the first time.
    It was a pretty interseting and confusing episode overall.

6/10

I couldn't help feeling this episode was incredibly clumsy. The amount of exposition required for the plot to make sense was not achieved. The ending was INCREDIBLY rushed, and many things were left unexplained/unexplored.

Bit off a bit more than could be chewed, writers.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Sad to see Calista say goodbye to her Xatu... And Jessie's humorous moment was funny! I don't understand why so many people hate this great episode, it's really good... Delibird appeared, which is awesome! 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I couldn't help feeling this episode was incredibly clumsy. The amount of exposition required for the plot to make sense was not achieved. The ending was INCREDIBLY rushed, and many things were left unexplained/unexplored.

Bit off a bit more than could be chewed, writers.
    What unexplored points are you referring to? I admit, the writers missed the opportunity to explore some interesting aspects, such as the history of the area and the Team Rocket Delibird. Still, it's a half hour episode, so I can kind of understand why they cut things short.

I can see why some of this episodes during this time period from Master Quest weren't that popular under the audience watching it. This episode itself wasn't that interesting and it felt in many ways, mediocre to me. The introduction to Xatu didn't felt that strong and the whole weather forecasting was not interestingly done unfortunately. I did like to see Delibird - that Pokémon is genius.

This episode confused me, I didn't like it. I hate seeing episodes about fortune telling too. Xatu is weird looking, I don't like it at all. There were many lol moments with Jessie though and I loved seeing Delibird again, it's such a great pokemon.

The Xatu's flag dance was quite interesting. It would be funny if they told Jessie her future was going to be terrible. xD

Great episode, it was quite sad though when the flood came. I did really enjoy it though, and it had a happy ending

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Default "Xatu The Future!"

This was an OK episode, but there were some unexplained things in this episode. I think the writers should've explored the history of the area. Delibird appeared in this episode, but it was only a minor appearance. Just like the last episode, Ash and co. didn't do much in this episode too.....which is sad. Xatu's appearance didn't interest me.

Even though it wasn't an intersting episode......I liked it for the COTD Calista, she was so cute. <3
    Also, Her portrayal in this episode was nice.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode, at times, was kind of odd, I have to say.
    Xatu are kind of odd and surreal Pokemon.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I thought it was kinda funny that Team Rocket's pitfall trap actually backfired on them as well. The Xatu were creepy the way they stared blankly to be frank, although seeing one pass out was slightly humorous at least. What I liked the most here was seeing Delibird appear again as Team Rocket's debt collector; he single-handedly made things better imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12