Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xatu The Future! (236)

Default Xatu The Future! (236)

Xatu The Future!

Heading towards the next town, Ash & Co. discover a person who uses Xatus to predict the weather...however Team Rocket want to nab the Xatu's and use them for their own profitable purposes. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I'm watching this ep right now, I don't think I saw the first time it aired...

(TR finishes covering up a pitfall trap)
    Meowth: "It's absolutely indivisible!"
    Jessie: "And you can't see it, either."

LOL XD

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I really liked the Xatu. It was kind of sad how they left the girl at the end. At least she got a job as a meteorologist.

Xatu thought Jessie's past was too complicated for it, that's hilarious! Didn't expect that from a Xatu.

7.5/10
    Yeah!

I liked how Team Rocket was good for most of the ep (despite the pitfall at first)...but I knew they'd be back to their old tricks by the end.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Cherryl Walker Guest

Talking Let us wring out the humidity rag...

Weather forecasting is one of the biggest hype jobs in all of the broadcast media. Just like the Xatu, our weather guys get to wave their hands in the air, win all kinds of recognition, and sometimes get it right. Of course, they are well-fed and basically cute, and take themselves too seriously. It is perfectly appropriate that the Pokemon anime should take a light-hearted look at this curious profession. About the only thing missing was for a weather guy to start to appear on TV, trip, and bring down the set. Also, showing how some people have made it almost a cult to believe weather forecasts was brilliant, too.

Robert Guest

I'm with Geodude, the pitfall scene at the start of the episode was very funny. ^__^

The rest of the episode was solid, as well. It had some great morals about the desperate need to know the future and all that. A bit too much watching Xatu flap its wings around... But that's a minor flaw; this episode was great.

You know, now that the whole thing with Hurricane Katrina has passed, this episode carried a whole lot more weight when I watched it last night than it did the last time I watched it a year ago. The whole thing with the flag language is still confusing, and Jessie's method of entertaining the crowd still makes me go "Huh?", but the whole thing about possible severe weather and weighing whether the people should be told to evacuate the area or not certainly caught my attention more now. I'm glad that Callista decided to play it safe and told everyone to evacuate, even though she wasn't 100% sure that the prediction was accurate.

Apart from that, it was great seeing more backstory on Jessie, Callista deciding to become a weatherperson like Jessie had been, the fight with delibird, and the xatu fainting after looking at Jessie's future and past. LOL

Also, I forgot to mention the part at the beginning that cracks me up, with the twerps and Team Rocket and the pitfall. It reminds me of those Bugs Bunny vs. Elmer Fudd/Daffy Duck Looney Tunes cartoons. You know, where Bugs keeps avoiding springing the trap and the villain accidentally springs it himself?
    Last edited by wobbanut; 21st September 2005 at 6:57 PM.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 9/6 (trevanent) NEW!! 9/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

lightspeed Guest

Didn't enjoy this episode much, it was rather boring but Delibird was cool...I don't have any interest in the Xatu...

This is the only episode of Pokemon that I've ever wanted to shut off the TV halfway through the episode. I can't stand this episode one bit. If Johto had less episodes like this one, it probably wouldn't have been as boring as it was. The only good part about this episode was Delibird appearing again. Other than that, this episode had no purpose, in my opinion.

We do get some character development with Jess.

And Xatu rules.

I like episodes where Ash and Team Rocket work together, we need more of these in AG serioulsy. I like It was so funny, I was hoping Team Rocket wouldn't go back to there old habbit but they did =[

Eh, not much in this filler cept for TR and Xatu. <3 But overall, it was a pretty pointless filler.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

A rather boring episode, but I like the Xatu, Team Rocket did pretty well in here

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

You know, I just rewatched this episode the other day since I got Master Quest on DVD. And I just remembered how much I can't stand this episode. Besides some extremely minor history with Jessie, this episode is a throwaway that I do not miss one bit.

I remember some lines here:
    After TR fell in the pitfall trap with the twerps, meeting Callister:

Jesse: "Prepare for trouble, and make it quick."

When Callister went in the stage outside:

Callister: "Red fan up! White fan up! Red fan down! White fan down!"

Plus, I didn't like the way the same Delibird (from the old woman who told TR that they aren't registered members in the other episode) appeared and gave again to the twerps balls that explode. Good thing in the first explosion, Ash's Pikachu regains lots of electricity that blasted TR away.
    I love the cry of Xatu here:

"Xatu, Xa, Xatu, Xatu, Xa............"
    Last edited by bhrettzerda053; 26th March 2008 at 1:17 PM.

well i've seen better episodes but this one had his moments, 7/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Honestly i expected a lot more from this episode and it really dissapointed me.This filler was one of the episodes in which i really didnt enjoyed so much.

The whole story about Xatus predicting future and weather was rather boring,and i dont see anything entertaining in it.The only nice thing was Delibirds appearance and when Xatu fainted when he saw Jessies future and past,lol.To conclude this wasnt terrible episode but i have seen better.

I agree... the Xatu were even boring! You'd think predicting the future would have a bit more pizzazz... ah well, there's something to be said for the Xatu who fainted when it looked into Jessie's life. I wonder what future it saw?!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

One of the worst filler's i've seen I don't know if it was just a boring episode to begin with or if something was lost in translation, but this episode just never made any sense to me.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Using Xatu to predict the weather is cool. Xatu's are so awesome. My favorite fliers ^_^

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I reallly dont like this episode =/
    Xatu was good...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really liked this episode. I thought Xatu was a neat Pokemon. I loved how it could gaze into the future and past of people. I am glad that the Xatu were able to correctly warn everybody abou the flood that was to come. Who knows what would have happened if they didn't. I enjoyed seeing Delibird again. I hope we get to see it again many more times in the future.
    Last edited by Hibachi; 20th July 2009 at 6:50 PM.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This episode is good. Xatus are great!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I loved Xatu, it was very smart.

and Jessie once wanted to be a newscaster?....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I loved Xatu, it was very smart.

and Jessie once wanted to be a newscaster?....
    Apparently, who would've thought that? And it was cool to see Delibird again.

7.5/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast