Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talkin' Bout An Evolution! (237)

Default Talkin' Bout An Evolution! (237)

Talkin' Bout An Evolution!

Ash & Co. have made it to the Lake of Rage, but as soon as they get there they see a Red Gyarados squirming in agony. Pikachu & Togepi also start falling ill. They discover this is a plot by Team Rocket. Can they stop Team Rocket from causing harm to the Pokémon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Talking

Best. Episode. Ever.

Professor Sebastian makes his first appearance in the dub ^_____^ Of course this is my favorite episode. Tyson, too, of course...but anyways, we get to see the REAL Team Rocket in action. I always love it when one of the scientists is involved anyways...especially Seb Plus, I adore cliffhanger episodes, because these eps always end with the bad guys winning.

This would definately qualify as my favorite episode ever.
    Last edited by Evil Azurill; 28th October 2004 at 1:41 AM.
    animal crossing stuffs:
    Name: Stacey
    Town: Tangelo
    Fruit: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Cherries
    FC: 4597 3797 6086

terrible script i say!! nice ep but terrible script
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

LANCE!

....therefore, this ep is superior. ....Lance drives like an old lady. >D

Purrrrrrr.

^Yes! *agrees with Phantom_Bugsy* Lance is what made this episode (and the next one) worth my time IMO.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Though we never found out much about the G-Men.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

All I can think of is G-Strings when I hear that. XD LANCE WEARS 'EM.

.....actually, yanno, he might. o__o

Boys are usually what make the eps for me. XD

Purrrrrrr.

Anyone else think that Tyson is Oak's no-good, runaway son? The resemblance to both Oak and Gary is far too strong, and it would explain *so* much about Gary.

And aaah Shiranui. Pokémon's answer to Professor Hojo.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Anyone else think that Tyson is Oak's no-good, runaway son? The resemblance to both Oak and Gary is far too strong, and it would explain *so* much about Gary.

And aaah Shiranui. Pokémon's answer to Professor Hojo.
    [IMG135]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/235-85.jpg[/IMG135][IMG135]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/medea10/245-56.jpg[/IMG135]
    Now that you've mentioned it...there is sort of a connection!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    *waves arm around* I do!! But I think you already knew that. ^^

But just look at them! How could that hair be merely a coincidence?
    animal crossing stuffs:

I just got a question (since I'm deprived and haven't seen this or the next ep) but do they ever say that Lance is a member of the Elite Four? Or just that he's a 'member of the pokemon G-men'?

It *is* stated that Lance is a member of the Pokemon G-men (more than once, Lance says it, and Tyson says it (Tyson: Lance the G-Man? That one?")), but they never really come out and say that he's a member of the Elite Four. I don't *think*. I'll have to check again, I usually just fast forward to all of the Sebastian and Tyson parts so I don't know.
    animal crossing stuffs:

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Azurill
    It *is* stated that Lance is a member of the Pokemon G-men (more than once, Lance says it, and Tyson says it (Tyson: Lance the G-Man? That one?")), but they never really come out and say that he's a member of the Elite Four. I don't *think*. I'll have to check again, I usually just fast forward to all of the Sebastian and Tyson parts so I don't know.
    Either Ash or Brock says that Lance is a member of the Elite Four. The Undisputed Champion, in fact.

Also, Dub Only, if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Either Ash or Brock says that Lance is a member of the Elite Four. The Undisputed Champion, in fact.

Also, Dub Only, if I recall.
    You're right! ^^ I should watch the whole thing through once in a while. Meh heh. I have yet to see the Japanese version...

Which reminds me of a question. I read an episode guide yesterday for the Japanese version (I'm trying to find the site again, if I find a link, I'll post it). There were some mistakes in the guide, but something caught my interest. It said that Tyson introduces himself as "one of Shiranui's great apprentices". I don't know Japanese, and I haven't seen the Japanese episode, but could someone tell me if there's any truth to this? If it *is* true, then it may explain why only Shiranui is seen working with the Rockets in the silver uniform.
    animal crossing stuffs:

Robert Guest

I saw this episode just lately. It was one of the better episodes. There was a good amount of plot and meat in the story here. I liked Team Rocket's role in the episdoe, as well.

This was a really good two-part episode. I liked Sebastian as a villain much more than Nanba in the Lugia trilogy, and at least we'll get to see him again when the Chronicles episodes come out. Tyson was interesting too. Lance was a great guest star as well, though I liked him better in part two. Overall, part two was much better than part one, for several different reasons, but I liked the setup in this episode, and it was a good dramatic story.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Professor Sebastain is quite rotten to the core. You can easily tell by his facial expression that he's always up to no good. He might as well be called Professor "Sinister" Sebastian.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 8th June 2006 at 12:31 PM.

Very good episode, especially with the Red Gyarados and a change of villians

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Good episode it's nice seeing Lance make his first appearance in the series as well as the Red Gyarados, though not our first shiny in the series it is still impressive to see it animated from the G,S,C games.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I was really expecting Misty to be greatly fascinated with the red shiny gyarados, and overcome here fear of them, and for HER to be the one to engage in a fierce battle with it, and capture it, but unfortunately, she didn't. I thought that would've made a nice plot twist. Oh well, at least she later conqured her fear of them, and she has a gyarados to call her own now. Nice appearance for Lance too.

Great episode. I love the whole Red Gyarados story and how Lance captures it. Awesome

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

the red gyarados was quite a sightseeing to behold, shinies are rare in the anime series.

The red Gyrados looked so cool in the Anime, i love this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought that the red Gyrados was awesome. It is the second shiny pokemon we have seen so far in the series (if you don't count the Butterfree or Kecleon who weren't actually shiny). I thought it was really neat that we got to see Lance too. I feel bad for all of the Pokemon who are being affected by Team Rocket's radio waves. They shouldn't be forced to evolve.

I noticed a couple errors in this episode right off the bat. First, the narrator says that Ash is going to earn his final badge at the Mahogany Gym. Second, Ash then says that he can't wait to earn his sixth badge and enter the Johto League.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast