Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice Pryce Baby! (240)

Default Nice Pryce Baby! (240)

Nice Pryce Baby!

After finding Pryce's Piloswine alive and well, it is time for Ash's Battle against Pryce. Will Ash succeed against Pryce and his Icey Pokémon or will he be left cold?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I thought this was a cool episode. I was expecting a faint from dewgong to cyndaquil then pikachu fights both Dewgong and Piloswine. Im surprised no one mentioned that Piloswine being a ground type is the reason Pikachus electrical attacks do so little. It made me happy that Ash didnt officially win against the ice gym leader since ice pokemon are my favorites
    A Championship Battle
    FINISHED: Johto's top psychic trainer and the granddaughter of an Elite Four member go head to head for the Silver Cup championship. Features underused pokemon including Tropius, Slowking, and my personal favorite, Jynx

This story is too fleshed out and completed in my head for me not to finish it. I'm determined to finish my first real, fleshed out fiction. And I'll wait until it's done before posting it. Chapters 6/18.

I just saw this ep well all I cna say is gah.

Cyn vs Dew omg that was pretty good on Cyn's part.

Pilo vs Cyn oh not much to say really.

Pika vs Pilo omg that rocked until you know Pryce forfitted. But still Ash did some good manurvers.

Robert Guest

I was loving this episode and was ready to declare it the best gym battle ever until that cheap TKO... Team Rocket was kinda funny in this episode. I liked it, but the ending was disappointing.

This was a pretty good gym battle, and at least Pryce wasn't as annoying as he was in the previous episode (I liked the part where he told Shelia he heard something from a talk show). I liked when Pikachu slid around to all the ice sculptures, that was pretty interesting. It's also strange how piloswine kept taking all of those strong electric attacks and kept going. I also liked the part when Meowth was face-to-face with the angry seel and told Jessie that it looks like her in the morning. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Hehe, Jessie in the morning would scare small children

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good battle. And from Johto, nonetheless.

Ingame, of course, Electricity has no effect on Ground Types. But going by common sense, strong electrical currents to the nose and the underbelly, both sensitive areas to pretty much anything, means they would hit and do damage. Though, it would've been interesting to see how Pikachu would fare without being able to use Electric attacks. Quick Attack barrage, probably...

Piloswine's dub voice was quite cool(no pun intended), as was Pryce's. Sheila's, though.....Bleh. The voice itself was well done, but I didn't like it.

The Seel that Meowth woke up looked ready to kill o_0

Pryce is a smart guy throwing in the towel. I've probably have done the same thing in that situation. Piloswine, though able to recover, would still take a beating. It would also probably begin to mistrust Pryce after a while for pushing it through a battle when it obviously couldn't.

Overall rating:
    8.6 out of 10
    Great episode. I wish I'd seen the episode prior to it, but it was still pretty good regardless.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

for a gym battle, it wasnt as interesting as it couldve been. overall id say 7.8/10

Dewgong was the coolest Pokemon.
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

Pretty good gym battle, not as good as the 8th one, I was surprised when Pryce just forfeited

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This was a pretty cool episode and the whole gym battle was entertaining to watch.We get to see great battle against Cyndaquil and Dewgong where Cyndaquil using clever strategy managed to win.

Battle between Prices Pilosvine and Ashs Pikachu was great too.This was a long and exhausting match for both of this pokemon and i like how this episode shows how its better sometimes to give up when further battle doesnt leads you and your pokemon nowhere so i was impressed when Price throwed towel forfeiting the match. Overall this was a very good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyManafi View Post
    Pretty good gym battle, not as good as the 8th one, I was surprised when Pryce just forfeited
    Same here. But then, Piloswine isn't as young as it used to be, so if he'd kept on going, he probably would have lost anyway.

Oh well, still a great battle! ^_^ Way to go, Ash!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

It was a great battle, but I think it would've been alot better with Pryce as he was before he found Piloswine it certainly would have made the battle more intense.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This battle was totally unfair to Pryce. Cyndaquil swimming? Pikachu affecting ground types? ._. He used Pikachu way too much in Johto anyway.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

this was one of the less good and less logic gym battles i think, better luck next time-_-

It was a nice episode, Pryce is a good trainer and piloswine was really strong
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This was one of Ash's worst Gym victories in the series. Not only did Pryce give up despite the fact he was winning, but Pikachu's electric attacks were somehow damaging Piloswine.

I lol'd that Pikachu was about to faint, yet Piloswine was still going strong...and then Pryce just gave up.

It's like the writers couldn't think of a realistic way for Ash to win the match so they just gave him another pity badge.

I shake my head at some of Johto's Gym battles.

I thought that this was a great gym battle. I thought Ash made a great move by having Cyndaquil jump into the pool with Dewgong. Too bad Cyndaquil didn't stand a chance against Piloswine. The Piloswine versus Pikachu battle was just amazing. Pikachu was at a huge disadvantage in that match because it couldn't utilize its speed and electrical attacks had minimum effect. However, Ash used a great strategy by having Pikachu slide from icicle to icicle to avoid Piloswine's attacks. Even though Pikachu's electric attacks should do no damage to Piloswine at all because it is part ground type, atleast they weren't the deciding factor. I am a little disappointed that Pryce forfeited but glad Ash won a Glacier Badge.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great gym battle.
    Pryce wasn't ready enough to fight with his Piloswine.
    and i loved Ash's strategy in the battle Cyndaquil vs Dewgong.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Horrid seventh badge battle. Pryce totally overwhelmed Ash with Piloswine at the end and Ash didn't have any control over the battle; how sad. I had expected Ash's team to be able to handle Dewgong easily so I wasn't shocked there. I had expected some trouble with Piloswine but it was too difficult and Pryce had to surrender because of Piloswine's injuries from that cave it was in. Awful way for Ash to win, 1/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 10:15 PM.

This episode was decent. I disliked the fact that Pryce just practically gave up, even though it probably would've demolished Pikachu. However, the battle Pikachu and Piloswine was really intense.

Ash's Johto pity badge. Oh well, 7/8 earned badges ain't bad .

This was a very cool gym battle. I liked how Cyndaquil dove into the water and cleverly used swift to take down Dewgong. I was surprised Cyndaquil was so willing to dive into the water on command since it is a Fire-Type. The battle between Pikachu and Piloswine was very cool, didn't like the fact that Pryce threw in the towel and that was the way Ash won the Gym Battle.

60/100

It was a cool episode but I did not like the fact that Pryce forfited. Apart from that it was cool to see Dewgong and Piloswine again.

7/10

This would've been a great gym battle if Pryce wouldn't have given up. It was good seeing Ash having a hard time, and not an easy win. If Pryce wouldnt've given up, Ash would've lost to Piloswine. That would've been awesome, Ash losing a battle, but also a rematch between Ash and Pryce would've been awesome.

I LOVE Jessie's line, "The Pryce is wrong," or whatever it is, the reference to the game show - I was dying when I heard that.

A very good battle, though completely unrealistic and the ending is cheap. That's why Ash should've just used Totodile...would've given him much needed spotlight and made a win possible.

I really like this animation team's art style.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast