Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Like it Hot! (242)

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Really good that at mid- Master Quest, they at least had some episodes focused on Misty like this one and the episode "Just Add Water" I always like to see Misty having the spotlight once a while and this rivalry based on type was really amusing to watch.
    True, Misty focused episodes were usually enjoyable imo resulting in some meaningful development, and i noticed she played sub role in several episodes where she wasn't necessary center of attention. Like helping Brock to get out of Ninetales deception with Ash, helping Marcellus about his issue with Octillery, strengthening her friendship with Sakura etc teaming up with Ash quite a few times when battling TR ever since Poliwag evolved.

In Master Quest she got fairly good focus imo. Too bad she left afterwards, but oh well.

As for episode itself whole arguing between Misty and Egan was amusing, ad it was nice to see them bonding later on coming to respect each other. This episode also gave us insight unto why Misty loves water pokemon so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    True, Misty focused episodes were usually enjoyable imo resulting in some meaningful development, and i noticed she played sub role in several episodes where she wasn't necessary center of attention. Like helping Brock to get out of Ninetales deception with Ash, helping Marcellus about his issue with Octillery, strengthening her friendship with Sakura etc teaming up with Ash quite a few times when battling TR ever since Poliwag evolved.

In Master Quest she got fairly good focus imo. Too bad she left afterwards, but oh well.

As for episode itself whole arguing between Misty and Egan was amusing, ad it was nice to see them bonding later on coming to respect each other. This episode also gave us insight unto why Misty loves water pokemon so much.
    Totally dude! They really gave Misty much more attention than the previous two seasons were episode centered around occasionally happened, but they were rare. Almost as rare as Gary's appearance rate during Johto. But, what I like so much is, that since this is Misty's last season before she left Ash's group, they really gave her the spotlight she deserved for at the end. That's why I like episodes mainly centered around Misty a lot.

Totally dude! They really gave Misty much more attention than the previous two seasons were episode centered around occasionally happened, but they were rare. Almost as rare as Gary's appearance rate during Johto. But, what I like so much is, that since this is Misty's last season before she left Ash's group, they really gave her the spotlight she deserved for at the end. That's why I like episodes mainly centered around Misty a lot.
    True, though i recall she still received quite a lot of focus when when not getting character centric episodes, such as playing role when TR tank kidnapped Togepi and Sentret, when Gligarman appeared, when they got separated in "Forrest Grumps"teaming up with James and Meowth, criticizing Brock about romance when Temaku dropped eye on him etc.

Problem was that there wasn't much focus on her actual story and goal of becoming water master aside from few instances until Master Quest, and when that changed i really appreciated it just like you.

Though im even more disappointed with Brock, poor guy received even less focus and while he had some great moments he didn't got many episodes to truly shine. He very rarely battled too.

True, though i recall she still received quite a lot of focus when when not getting character centric episodes, such as playing role when TR tank kidnapped Togepi and Sentret, when Gligarman appeared, when they got separated in "Forrest Grumps"teaming up with James and Meowth, criticizing Brock about romance when Temaku dropped eye on him etc.

Problem was that there wasn't much focus on her actual story and goal of becoming water master aside from few instances until Master Quest, and when that changed i really appreciated it just like you.

Though im even more disappointed with Brock, poor guy received even less focus and while he had some great moments he didn't got many episodes to truly shine. He very rarely battled too.
    Yeah, but that at least got compensated with the fact that Brock was there during Ash's journeys into Hoenn, Battle Frontier and Sinnoh. But for the 150 episodes Johto had, Misty's role wasn't that big and the same goes for Brock. Yeah, sure there were some episodes primarily focused on both, but it was scarcely if you compare it to the humongous spotlight Ash got.

Yeah, but that at least got compensated with the fact that Brock was there during Ash's journeys into Hoenn, Battle Frontier and Sinnoh. But for the 150 episodes Johto had, Misty's role wasn't that big and the same goes for Brock. Yeah, sure there were some episodes primarily focused on both, but it was scarcely if you compare it to the humongous spotlight Ash got.
    That's true, Brock had opportunity to last much longer and some of his best moments came from there. Im just abit disappointed that out of three he received shortest end of stick in Johto, but i guess writers redeemed themselves with that later on.

As for their role i think on good part reason was probably because back than formula of pokemon anime was mainly centralized around Ash and his journey of becoming pokemon master. While their purpose in original series was to be supporting characters who acted like Ash coach/mentors helping him to grow as trainer and person .

You could still feel their presence in episodes contributing to humor and character dynamic playing side roles in episodes at times, but they didn't received enough episodes where they were main center of attention and i agree about that.
    Something which luckily started to change later with Master Quest for Misty and in Hoenn for others.

Though one of good points for me was their growth of friendship between Ash, Misty and Brock becoming more closer to each other compared to early Kanto days, showing how far they came since than. Its especially noticeable in departing episode.

That's true, Brock had opportunity to last much longer and some of his best moments came from there. Im just abit disappointed that out of three he received shortest end of stick in Johto, but i guess writers redeemed themselves with that later on.

As for their role i think on good part reason was probably because back than formula of pokemon anime was mainly centralized around Ash and his journey of becoming pokemon master. While their purpose in original series was to be supporting characters who acted like Ash coach/mentors helping him to grow as trainer and person .

You could still feel their presence in episodes contributing to humor and character dynamic playing side roles in episodes at times, but they didn't received enough episodes where they were main center of attention and i agree about that.
    Something which luckily started to change later with Master Quest for Misty and in Hoenn for others.

Though one of good points for me was their growth of friendship between Ash, Misty and Brock becoming more closer to each other compared to early Kanto days, showing how far they came since than. Its especially noticeable in departing episode.
    You are really awesome man. I can totally agree with the points you are making. This thing what you've stated, about Ash having in Johto the most spotlight, was beautifully corrected with the introduction of contests in Hoenn - basically transforming a supporting character, May (and later in Sinnoh, Dawn) to a secondary character. That's why I liked Hoenn so much and I couldn't understand what people have against these contest, when they were predominantly the once that complained with the dozes of filler episodes they got in Johto.

And I don't want to - by any means- downplay the roles Brock and Misty got in the original series, because they were mostly present and had each their own roles during the sagas. I'm just happy with the fact that in some way, shape, or form, they evaluated the formula from Johto and corrected some of it to make it more interesting in Hoenn.

A great episode focusing on Misty, I liked seeing the little rivalry going on between Misty and Egan. I didn't like how the dub downgraded Misty's status to "Water Princess" when in the original she said she was the Water Queen" which is true. I was dying when Ash said "How much longer can this possibly go on?" I am glad that we now know why Misty likes water Pokemon. I loved Her explanation about how Water Pokemon are adaptable and why she prefers Water-type Pokemon. It made sense. I was glad she received character development in this episode.

I really liked this episode. A rivalry between Misty and Egan was kind funny. I'm glad he had a Flareon, it's one of my favorite Eeveelutions. I didn't like how Flareon lost its first time against Magcargo though.

I remember watching this episode not too long ago on Boomerang. I disliked Egan's personality but I really enjoyed Misty's rivalry with him. I really like the way Misty was portrayed in this whole episode and for me it was one of the better Johto filers, overall a good episode.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 5th January 2013 at 1:05 AM.

I really like Misty's wisdom and it is great to see her have a good part in this episode.

It was amusing and I enjoyed watching this episode

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Great episode and nice to see some development of Kasumi here. Marcargot is surely strong despite being a Fire/ Rock type that is doubly weak against water attacks. Very funny to see that Koduck got intimidated when it accidentally awaken Magcargot.

you know, whenever someone on this show is catching something, and it shows those scene where it switches between the trainer and the shaking Pokeball, even though it's the show, I still get tense watching the shaking Pokeball and wondering "is it going to get caught or will it break free?" just when I catch something in the games.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12