Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Like it Hot! (242)

Default Some Like it Hot! (242)

Some Like It Hot!

Heading into a canyon, Ash & Co. meet a trainer who is content on finding a large Magcargo to capture. However he insults Misty and Misty wants to battle. Will they both get what they want?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was a good episode. The minirivalry between Misty and Egan was great. I like trainers that specialize in one type.

One of the best episodes, in my opinion. Being a Flareon fan, I loved it the first time I saw it. And the scene with Team Rocket in the hot springs was adorable...

DeviantART Studio Jupiter (TBA)

Robert Guest

This was a great episode. Misty was funny here, as were Brock and Ash's side comments. I liked Misty's description of water Pokemon.

I liked Egan, I don't know why. It's funny how he and Misty kept arguing back and forth over whose pokemon are better. I especially liked when Ash and Brock kept trying to calm them down. LOL The magcargo was pretty funny in battle too, especially when it kept making everyone nervous and when it got confused when flareon jumped on its back. Overall, pretty good episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This episode was good. Misty and egan's rivalry was funny and seeing a flareon again is a treat.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

Good episode, the little arguing between Misty and Egan on what type is better was fuuny

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Great episode.I loved all that arguing between Misty and Egan about which type is better and how she was annoyed at him.This episode also showed why Misty finds water pokemon special to her while explaining her love for them to Egan.Its actually funny how bith were annoyed at each other and at the end of the episode they become friends.

I also liked how Magcargo annoyed everyone in battle and managed to beat Mistys Poliwhirl and Egans Flareon.

lol, the headline pic... is Magcargo's nose bubble, for heaven's sake! XD; Psyduck, you idiot.

Egan was also pretty cool ^^ Any guy with a Flareon is cool!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This was a good episode. It seems weird how it depicts the move Rock Slide as needing a rocky wall near you. Meh oh well. Magcargo is awesome.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

A nice episode Egan a nice trainer of the Week to match against Misty with their dueling personalities.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Does anyone remember Misty's exact reason (quote preferred) for why she loves Water-Types?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought that that giant Magcargo was really neat. I liked seeing the little rivalry going on between Misty and Egan. I am glad that we now know why Misty likes water Pokemon. It's too bad that she couldn't defeat Magcargo with her Poliwhirl. I thought the fight between Egan's Flareon and Magcargo was quite entertaining. I loved the strategy to jump on Magcargo's back. I am glad Egan caught the Magcargo.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

The old Misty was back in this episode, with her fiery temper and her love of water Pokemon. I love her explanation on water Pokemon with comparison to the water in the cup. A lot of great character development for Misty. Other than that, it was a pretty forgettable episode.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

Well the Marcargo in this episode sure was lazy since it didn't want to get off of the road. I was surprised to see that Misty finally found a rival of sorts, even if he was just a little boy haha. I did like her explaination about how water is adaptable and why she prefers Water-type Pokemon. It made sense and it made me see Misty in a whole different way. Interesting Filler with tons of Misty character development. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 6:31 PM.

Great episode.
    I loved the battle between fire and water.
    And Magcargo was very strong..
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Loving most Fire types (Even Magmortar grew on me after using it in Plat for the E4) I liked this battle. It's nice to see Flareon by itself and not with the others. Vapereon and Jolteon already had their episodes (Umbreon too, Espeon was the main part of Espeon not included).

For some reason I had thought Magcargo was an Hoenn Pokemon or forgot it was from Johto, maybe it's because Flannery used them or something lol
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Eventually the battle didn't over.
    That boy was very good trainer, good Misty episode.

Ugh. I got to be honest I really dislike Egan. Maybe I really disliked Egan because first I love Misty and water pokemon and third I'm not a huge fan of fire pokemons. So I really don't like this episode. But that Magcargo was really huge!!! So I'll rate this episode 3/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing Magcargo for the 1st time, especially a giant one. I'm glad Egan caught it at the end. The rivalry between Egan and Myster was very cool and funny to watch. It was cool seeing a Rock Slide attack for the 1st time.

40/100

Thiz episode was ok.Cool to see Misty get involved quite abit in this episode. Coolto see Marcargo for the first time.

5/10

Marcargo and Psyduck xD that was really funny!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by GoodPokemonTrainer121 View Post
    Ugh. I got to be honest I really dislike Egan. Maybe I really disliked Egan because first I love Misty and water pokemon and third I'm not a huge fan of fire pokemons. So I really don't like this episode. But that Magcargo was really huge!!! So I'll rate this episode 3/10
    I totally agree about Egan, I dislike him as well, and I am also a Misty fan. I like Water Pokemon and I don't really like fire types. However, I do love this episode, and it was nice to see Misty get some deserved focus, so no 3/10, I give this episode what it deserves: 9/10.

This and the Seaking Guy needed to be her rivals starting in the beginning of Johto. Whenever Misty is challenged she's much better to watch. Since I like fire pokemon, I can't say I hate the boy. He reminds me of Macey because of the fire pokemon.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 29th February 2012 at 8:38 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Really good that at mid- Master Quest, they at least had some episodes focused on Misty like this one and the episode "Just Add Water" I always like to see Misty having the spotlight once a while and this rivalry based on type was really amusing to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast