Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hocus Pokémon! (243)

Thank you for agreeing with me, shadowdeoxys. ^^

And yeah, I can understand why you hate this episode.

The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't focus on the fact that Ash got turned into a Pikachu. If that had been the focus of this episode, it would've made me like it even more. XD

However, instead the writers made the episode focus on Lily, the Pokemon Reading Spell, and Pokemon Magic (in general).

Of course, the very fact that they left all those questions unanswered leaves me to believe that maybe the writers will either:

A) Have an episode where Lily returns

B) Have another episode that's all about Pokemon Magic (Lily doesn't reappear though)

C) Just leave the questions unanswered, and hope that the fans figure it out for themselves (I really hope they don't do this - Pokemon Magic and everything is such an amazing topic, I think it deserves to have another episode)
    Ash from "The Scuffle of Legends"

"I'm not leavin' Pikachu. There's no way I could run off and leave it here all alone. I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna help. Even if I have to battle Kyogre and Groudon by myself."

^^ I actually enjoyed this episode a lot, it was fun and cute, plus right now, I never knew how many unanswered questions are out in this episode. To tell you the truth, I actually never thought of those questions that you asked. Yeah, it does make anyone to wonder. I kinda wish there was another episode that Lily came back, I actually (yeah too old for this) like, *loves thinkin' about magic, and there are so many mysteries that lie ahead.

I bet the writers made this episode on purpose 2 make us think too hard.

Yeah, lol, SOS! Its Not Healthy.. XD

I agree.

This episode DOES make you think really hard. ^^

And I also agree with you about Lily coming back. I think it would be great to see her reappear in another episode!!!!!!

So anyway, can someone try to answer those questions I asked in that post up there?

Or are those questions just meant to be left unanswered? Do you believe that's what the writers' intentions were?
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa; 15th June 2006 at 9:37 PM.

"I'm not leavin' Pikachu. There's no way I could run off and leave it here all alone. I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna help. Even if I have to battle Kyogre and Groudon by myself."

i LOVE ash as a pikachu!!!!!!

Hey I'm trying hard to make a comics of that.... ^_^; I wanted to make it longer. ^_^ but the updates of the pokemon is getting faster so the story is gonna be complicated. ^_^; I wanted it to be related to anime.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=142579

Keywords of Ash as a pikachu: Ashchu, Ashachu and Satochu

LOL, this episode is pretty wierd and funny at the same time, but Ash looks so dumb as a Pikachu

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I was never a big fan of this episode, but I always felt Murkrow was an underused Pokemon so I liked that it was used in this episode. I was wondering does anyone know what James' jokes were in the Japanese version? In the dub they weren't really funny and seemed to simply play off the illustrations without otherwise making sense.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

Hmm, sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question, Jeff Zero......

Heh, one thing I forgot to mention is that I find it funny how Ash now *has* an Aipom in his Pokemon team.

I wonder if, whenever Ash looks at his Aipom, he thinks about the fact that an Aipom's tears was one of the ingredients used in the very spell that transformed him? XD

Aww, poor Ash. He must feel so lonely, given the fact that he's probably the only human to ever go through an experience like that (turning into a Pokemon).

Anyway though, the fact that Ash has an Aipom, that alone gives me hope that the writers will someday have an episode where Ash is turned into a Pikachu again. ^_^

Hehe, I love this episode so much. And I have to admit, it mostly has to do with the fact that I'm obsessed with transformation scenes in general. I find them to be so enjoyable and interesting.

And by the way, am I the only person who really loved it when Ash "freaked out" upon finding out that he was a Pikachu? That in my opinion, is one of the best things about transformation scenes.

When a character gets transformed and they have a "freakout" scene, their reaction and the look on their face is simply priceless.
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa; 10th April 2007 at 10:31 AM.

Oooh, that's the funniest episode, ever. That's because Ash is transformed into a Pikachu. He looks so cute if he were a Pikachu.

And of course, from now on, you might call Ash as Ashcachu when he'd transform into a Pikachu.

Indeed.

Ashachu is the fan-made term for Ash's Pikachu form. ^_^

I found that name Ashcachu from Bulbapedia. Don't think I'm lying.

No, I have that article saved on my favorites on Bulbapedia.

It isn't spelled like "Ashcachu" , unless someone made a typo in the article somewhere (which is possible).

However, the correct spelling is: Ashachu.

he he, i liked that part where pikachu was treated like a cute little baby, it reminds me of those old cheek pinchinf aunts

I'm with the majority- I wish they'd done more with Ashachu. I'd be fine with them bringing Lily back for another shot if they could find her a better accent, though.

One of my favorite episodes ever, no lie. Lily was utterly hilarious, and the idea of "magic" in Pokemon is hardly ever touched on XD (The only "magic" we ever get to see is multiple electric shocks & falls suffered by both Ash & Team Rocket... and somehow surviving to see another day.)

Obviously, the best part was Ash being turned into a Pikachu ^______^ LONG LIVE ASHACHU!!! Those writers need to bring that back!! D:
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This was definitely one of better Johto fillers without a doubt.The whole idea of Ash turning in pikachu was hilarious and unique.I really didnt expected that this is going to happen,and i love the concept of using magic in pokemon.I always wondered if that spell for reading pokemon mind is working.

Lily was interesting and whole episode was refreshing and entertaining to watch.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th November 2008 at 10:40 AM.

Ashachu !!! One of the most infamous episodes, I love Lily she was so cool.

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

This episode made no sense but seeing Ash like that was really funny

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Hehe. I don't think anyone expected to see an ending like that! It's so unique! XD

Ashachu is so cute!! And he makes the ending of "Hocus Pokemon" one of the BEST episode endings ever. x3

I thought the idea of Pokemon magic was great. I enjoyed seeing Ash, Misty, Brock, and Lily go around collecting ingredients for the potion. However, I think the Aipom that just happened to show up was a little to much of a coincidence. I also enjoyed seeing Jessie, James, and Meowth try to get Aipom to cry. I never expected Ash to be transformed into a Pikachu though.

I noticed that when Ash was a Pikachu and he told Pikachu, Togepi, and Murkrow to come over and play, that it then cuts to a scene and Misty is still holding Togepi even though they just showed it playing with Ashachu.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This is one of my favourite episodes of the series. Something I've always wondered is about the alleged special episode of "Pikachu Times Two" what follows this according to Pokemopolis. I have looked all over the web for this and I can't find it anywhere. Does this episode even exist? The episode guide for this looks awesome as it has Ash as Pikachu for the entire episode. Bulbapedia and Serebii.net doesn't list this episode at all and Pokemopolis is the only site what I have seen that has this listed.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 17th August 2009 at 9:24 AM.

After Ash turned into a Pikachu, I wonder if it would have been possible for someone to catch him before he changed back. Technically, he was now a pokemon with no trainer. I wonder what happened to his pokemon when he transformed; I know that they never worry about things like what happen to the clothes at these times, but the pokemon were in their pokeballs when he transformed. If the pokeballs vanish while occupied, what happens to the pokemon?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Hahahahaaha ash gets turned into a pikachu

Also the witch's english accent was pretty kewl
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Ash transforming into a Pikachu was great and it was the highlight of this magic-themed episode. I wanted it to last but alas. Besides the hocus pocus magic tricks used by the COTD, it was bland. Not much except a few a little magic tricks to please the audience. At least it was a fresh concept. 5/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast