Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hocus Pokémon! (243)

Come to think of it, I think Super Smash Bros. Melee may have inadvertently predicted Ash turning into a Pikachu in this episode. In that game, Pikachu for the first time had Red's hat as an alternate costume - and Ash is based on Red. A few months after the game's release, the episode aired in Japan.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I feel like this episode was inspired by Harry Potter. Ash turning into a Pikachu was crazy. I wish he stayed that way for several episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    I feel like this episode was inspired by Harry Potter. Ash turning into a Pikachu was crazy. I wish he stayed that way for several episodes.
    Agreed. This episode was a complete waste of potential and demonstrated an avoidance of creative writing.

Lily was a fun Cotd hee hee and I liked how she knew how to do magic including how she transformed Ash into a Pikachu toward the end of the episode. It was so different and interesting.

So was this just a fan service episode, because other than Ash becoming a Pikachu and heading into bad fan fic territory, nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    So was this just a fan service episode, because other than Ash becoming a Pikachu and heading into bad fan fic territory, nothing happened...
    It didn't affect the over all plot in the Johto saga of course, but seeing an actual witch character cast a spell on Ash was still exciting even for a filler. ^^;

Lily's magic spells and accent reminded me of Harry Potter in a way + I would've preferred if she had a Misdreavus instead of Murkrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I would've preferred if she had a Misdreavus instead of Murkrow.
    Well her owning a Murkrow was likely due to its head feathers looking like a witch's hat hee hee. Although speaking of the Harry Potter references here, I think Lily should've owned a Hoothoot to mirror Hedwig from that series.

I liked Lily, but I was never a big fan of this episode, although I've always felt Murkrow was an underused Pokemon, so I liked that it was used in this episode.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234