Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hocus Pokémon! (243)

Come to think of it, I think Super Smash Bros. Melee may have inadvertently predicted Ash turning into a Pikachu in this episode. In that game, Pikachu for the first time had Red's hat as an alternate costume - and Ash is based on Red. A few months after the game's release, the episode aired in Japan.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

I feel like this episode was inspired by Harry Potter. Ash turning into a Pikachu was crazy. I wish he stayed that way for several episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    I feel like this episode was inspired by Harry Potter. Ash turning into a Pikachu was crazy. I wish he stayed that way for several episodes.
    Agreed. This episode was a complete waste of potential and demonstrated an avoidance of creative writing.
    This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple.

By Ivy the Snivy

Lily was a fun Cotd hee hee and I liked how she knew how to do magic including how she transformed Ash into a Pikachu toward the end of the episode. It was so different and interesting.

So was this just a fan service episode, because other than Ash becoming a Pikachu and heading into bad fan fic territory, nothing happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    So was this just a fan service episode, because other than Ash becoming a Pikachu and heading into bad fan fic territory, nothing happened...
    It didn't affect the over all plot in the Johto saga of course, but seeing an actual witch character cast a spell on Ash was still exciting even for a filler. ^^;

Lily's magic and accent reminded me of Harry Potter in a way + I would've preferred if she had a Misdreavus instead of Murkrow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234