Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As Clear As Crystal! (244)

Default As Clear As Crystal! (244)

As Clear As Crystal!

After his one day adventure as a Pikachu, Ash returns to human form and discovers a crystal that attracts Electric Pokémon...including Zapdos. However Team Rocket want the Crystal and Zapdos. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Robert Guest

I liked Ash's line at the beginning about Misty not needing beauty sleep...

In other news, this was a decent episode. It was neat to see a legendary play a big role in a non-movie. There was a bit too much in the way of TR cliches, but it was anotherwise solid experience.

I liked how this episode began with Ash still a Pikachu and then returning to normal a few moments later. It was funny too when Misty commented that she liked him better as a pikachu. LOL

This was a pretty good episode, and it was nice to finally see Zapdos in a regular episode. I liked seeing all the different electric pokemon as well.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

lightspeed Guest

I really like this episode, as appeared in it, and the storyline was also quite good.

This would be a good area for one of my Fics, I think. Was the girl ever even given a name? I may have missed it, but it seemed like they only referred to her in third/second person.

Anyways, this was a great episode. I'm glad the crystal was actually used as the power source, instead of just having the omgmagiclakesocool plot.

And, IIRC, isn't this the only time Zapdos physically appears in an episode? I know it appears in Pokémon 2000, but in the series, I'm not sure. Meh.

TR was pretty good in this episode. Usually they get one shot, blow it, and leave. They sure stuck around for a while(even James noted that XD).

I don't see how they could possibly make a castle out of one little crystal. Unless they have more like it, that's pretty much impossible.

Zapdos's voice, IMO, was too fierce. When it was revived, it sounded quite angry, even though it obviously wasn't. Oh well, dub voices usually aren't all that great anyway.

Overall rating:
    8.2 out of 10
    Great for a Johto filler. On par with Hoenn Fillers, IMO. Above some, even.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

The episode was really weak, mostly because of Team Rocket's interfering.

Yeah, that's true Ashy Boy.

I mean, Team Rocket DID interfere 3 times! And they blasted off 3 times as well! XD

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    I liked how this episode began with Ash still a Pikachu and then returning to normal a few moments later. It was funny too when Misty commented that she liked him better as a pikachu. LOL
    I agree with you, wobbanut!

Hehe, that was my favorite part of this episode, getting to see Ashachu again, and then seeing Ash change back.

It was interesting when he said, "That was fun! But, it's good to be standin' on two legs again". Aww poor Ash, he probably missed standing and walking on two legs. XD

I love the fact how Ash actually liked being a Pikachu. ^^ I think he took the transformation very well, and definitely much better than anyone else would have.

Anyway though, I wonder if having been a Pikachu for that long caused any sort of 'trauma' for Ash after he had just changed back. You know, cause after something like that, you'd think he would have to get used to being human again (lol). Now that would be really strange, huh? XD

And also, that whole experience could've made Ash have some emotional thoughts as well. I mean, I bet he was the first human to have gone through something like that. I wonder if Ash thought about that fact? And technically, being the only person to have gone through such a thing, that would technically make him different than any other person in the anime (though I may be looking too far into this, lol).

Still, if Ash thought about any of this stuff shortly after becoming a human again, then I wonder if he could've went through a state of loneliness (as maybe a side-effect of having gone through a transformation)?

Anyway, I thought of another thing. The fact that the lake in this episode attracts Electric Pokemon, well it's possible that Ash (while he was a Pikachu) was being attracted to that lake as well.

And that got me thinking that the reason Zapdos was coming to this place (before it got injured and needed to be healed), was because it sense an Electric Pokemon in the area who seemed quite suspicious (Ashachu). I wonder if that's why Ash changed back so suddenly? Or, actually, maybe it was just Zapdos' presence in that area that made him change back at that time? Because, you know, sense Zapdos is a legendary Electric Pokemon, and Ash was a temporary Pikachu, that just might have 'forced' him to change back.

But, then again, we don't know how long Ash was like that for, so the spell could have just worn off......

Still, is it possible that Ash could've changed back too early? That would definitely be an interesting storyline, but I doubt that the writers actually thought that much about it. Anyway, I would've liked to have seen much more of Ashachu than what he received, which was the end of "Hocus Pokemon" and the very beginning of this episode (come on writers, I know you could do better than that! Give us another episode with Satochu/Ashachu!).

Anyway, these are just some interesting thoughts I had. And I have no idea, but "Hocus Pokemon" and this episode both made me think about all these strange questions.

And why do the writers like to make me think for? XD
    Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa; 26th June 2006 at 10:11 PM.
    Ash from "The Scuffle of Legends"

"I'm not leavin' Pikachu. There's no way I could run off and leave it here all alone. I don't care what it takes, I'm gonna help. Even if I have to battle Kyogre and Groudon by myself."

This was a pretty pk filler episode, I actually liked TR coming back over and over in this episode, things would've went too smoothly and boring without them coming back and stealing the crystal.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    The episode was really weak, mostly because of Team Rocket's interfering.
    Are you kidding? It was terrif to see TR in this. I loved it when they spoke in rhyme.
    ...then off to the ball in my crystal gown.
    Not to mention the finest crystal palace in town!
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Heh,heh, Team Rocket appeared so many times. Overall, very decent plot for a storyline and well worth watching

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A pretty good plot. Reminds me of the Legend of Thunder. Which was great.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it's not often seen that legendaries appear in episodes, that's also why i liked this episode.

its always cool to see an legendary Pokemon in a episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

wow,

Ash: and besides misty, you don't need beauty sleep.

nuff, said.

Yeah, that line about beauty sleep was pretty funny, Ash is a real sweet talker aint he?
    The appearance of Zapdos was pretty epic too.
    Don't know what else to say, this episode was above average anyway 7/10!
    If i had a signature, you would be reading it right now. But since i don't, you're just wasting your time.

Cool! Zapdos is in this!
    Episodes with Legendary Pokémon, I just love it.
    Ash is such a sweet talker when it comes to Misty, hehe...

I loved how Ash himself dived in the lake to deal with the situation.
    The way Zapdos was portrayed really made me understand how hurt it was.
    The electric pokemon gathering in the end was awesome. <3

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I thought this was a good episode. It reminded me a lot of The Legend Of Thunder. Mainly because of the crystal and a legendary Pokemon. I loved seeing Ashachu in the beginning of the episode. I also liked the part where Ash told Misty that she doesn't need any beauty sleep. I thought Krystal was a pretty neat character. I also thought that the crystal in the lake was awesome, especially since it healed electric Pokemon. I really didn't expect to see Zapdos appear to help save the crystal. However, I am glad that everything turned out okay and Zapdos was healed.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I remember watching this episode 6 years ago. It was an excelent episode. And it was cool. And of course, the girl, Krystal was excelent. I liked the way she was designed.

Zapdos's power was amaizing, it was so strong!
    I also loved to see Pikachu and Raichu working together.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked this episode.It had nice plot,being filled with interesting events like there existing special lace with crystal which can rejuvinate electric types and of course appearance of Legendary pokemon Zapdos.
    Going from start it was funny seeing rather intense ton of conversation Ash and Misty had backed with witty remarks,just to whitness one of usual failed attempts trying to steal Pikachu coming from Team Rocket.
    It was nice seeing teamwork from all electric types trying to help Zapdos in end everything ending in good way with Zapdos paying them off by recharging crystal.

Unexpected and good.

Why did they show Zapdos and not Raikou? Suicune and Entei appeared in Johto, and not just in movies. It would have made a lot more sense to have Raikou involved, ugh. It was ok with all the Electric Pokemon out and about. I think that, by adding in Zapdos to this episode, they saved it from being another Johto Filler. Zapdos anime debut is worth something at least. Half-decent so 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd November 2010 at 1:48 PM.

Wow Ash and Co must be stupid if they didn't recognized TR's hot air balloon.
    Not a bad episode, nice to see Zapdos again. It didn't really get an actual appearance in the anime aside from a robot version of Zapdos.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Seeing a Zapdos is a rare thing...
    I liked to see all those Electric pokemon. The show really needs some more eps like this episode.

I like that Zapdos appeared in this episode and the idea of "A lake that heals Electric-type Pok&#233;mon". I thought the Pok&#233;mon trying to make the crystal work again to help Zapdos was a nice thing to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast