Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Same Old Song & Dance! (245)

Default Same Old Song & Dance! (245)

Same Old Song & Dance!

Ash & Co. meet with a TV Star and her Igglybuff. She is set to have a show today however the Igglybuff go Missing. Can Ash & Co. find them in time for the show?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode would have been better if the songs weren't so terrible. Team Rocket's song motto and Brock's "Takeshi in Paradise" were the only song highlights of the episode. I don't know if an arena full of adult men would be caught dead singing that song at the end, or the song at the beginning of Brittany's show. This is one episode where I'm betting the Japanese original was ten times better.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 27th October 2004 at 11:05 PM.

How does the English version of Takeshi no Paradiasu go, anyway?

meggirl63 Guest

This was a fun episode, but I didn't like the song Brock performed.

Dephender Guest

I found this episode rather funny. Even though the dubbing of the songs wasn't the best, it was fun to see what they got out of them.

The songs used were:

*Natsuyasumi Fan Club
    *Takeshi no Paradise
    *Rocket Dan yo eien ni
    *Torikaekko Please (I think)

....there was one more, but I can't place it, though I know I've heard it before. It's the one where the only lyrics were "na na na na na". Anyone know which song that originally was?

Togechic Guest

The igglybuffs and Brittany were soooooooooo adorable I didn't care how cheesy the songs were. My only real beef was the title. Could've been something more clever, like "Iggly Pop". Episode titles aren't one of 4Kids strong suits.

Robert Guest

I liked this episode. The singing was good, and there funny moments. (Brock Singing )

Wow, this was really sub-par ._.

Jessie was really going mad in this episode. Though, her fantasies are far more amusing than Meowth's AG Boss Fantasies.

Brittany looked fine in her costume, but before, she was just O_o. Brock's just desperate for love, IMO.

Dang, Jigglypuff was a real hard-hitter in this Episode . It really beat the living daylights out of Igglybuff. And it did a nice job of poning Arbok and Victreebel.

Speaking of which, did anyoen else notice that Arbok looked really feral at one point? I think it was when it was attacking Corsola. Its eyes were narrowed to nearly straight lines, and it looked quite fearsome. I think it was just a slip-up, though, because its eyes were normal before and after.

IMO, the Igglies were better actors/actresses than Brittany. She sang OK, but the Igglybuff sang good and danced a lot better. Like Ash said, I can see why the show took off when the Igglies were added.

OMG . Takeshi no Paradise! That's the first time I've heard it in the Dub. it's pretty funny, but I have a feeling the original would be better.

Wow, that's a lot to say for such a lousy episode X_x

Overall rating:
    6.1 out of 10
    I'd say this is probably the worst Johto Filler I've seen so far. And seeing as they show Master Quest episodes 4 times a weekend, that's saying a lot ._.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Well, I have the exact opposite to say. It's one of the best Johto fillers ever made.

1. The Team Rocket in it's entirety returns after four years. I don't know about the audiance but I think TR (well, Jessie and James) can actually sing.

2. Speaking of singing. 4Kids actually had the sense to cast someone who could sing to be Brittany's voice actress. I'm so annoyed when they cast people who can't sing to play a singing character.

3. Wobbufett strutted it's stuff which had gotten rare. It's still funny that this patient Pokemon hold all of TR's wins against the twerps since "Princess vs. Princess".

4. "Brock's Paradise" (the dubbed version) finally appeared and it was funny that it's only song that he knows and nearly passes out. His voice is so bad it only adds to the comedy.

5. Jigglypuff was amusing to say the least. We hadn't seen it really pound anything since the Clefairy were trying to make it to space. But man did it make up for lost time. Even Arbok and Viccy weren't spared from its wrath.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Man if I were a dubber, I would've stuck my fan made "English" version in there...

But I understand that this rendition is longer than the one in Houen...is this true?

It is. What we saw of the Hoenn one was quite short.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

How much longer is the Johto version vs. the Houen version?

This episode is pretty great. I especially liked how the narrator fell asleep along with everybody else.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but during this episode when Jigglypuff was going through the twerps backpacks it stumbled upon Misty's hankerchief that she'd later give to Ash in "Gotta Catch Ya Later".

I really liked this episode. In fact it was one of my favorite episodes in the Johto league (a favorite not because of the starring character but the whole episode had good stuff)
    I loved the dub title
    I loved Brock's routine and his song. I even sing it when I dont even notice
    I loved Brittany's songs
    I loved Jessie and James' performance
    I really loved that in the beginning, the Igglybuff were dancing to the actual 1st Japanese opening song which I found 00ber cool.
    Not to mention the episode overly rocked!
    I give this episode 10/10: one of the best Pokemon episodes in PokeHistory

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender
    *Torikaekko Please (I think)

....there was one more, but I can't place it, though I know I've heard it before. It's the one where the only lyrics were "na na na na na". Anyone know which song that originally was?

Eh, blah, what I thought was Torikaekko Please was really Mama no Daiji na Pokemon, which is also where the na na na-stuff is from.

Ah well. I should really watch the original episode some time.

This filler ep was good, but the only problem was Team Rocket and their "performance".

When I first saw this ep. in broadcast, I came into the second act on the TR scene. So when I saw Brock dressed in Latino costume, I was all WTF.
    Otherwise, this is a funny filler, done up by the best animation director, and filled with Japanese Poke tunes. I had fun. Did you?
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    4. "Brock's Paradise" (the dubbed version) finally appeared and it was funny that it's only song that he knows and nearly passes out. His voice is so bad it only adds to the comedy.
    What's even funnier is that Eric Stuart is a singer in real life, and if you've ever heard his voice, he sounds almost exactly like Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby View Post
    How much longer is the Johto version vs. the Houen version?
    To my knowledge, Brock sang it twice in Hoenn. In Lights, Camerupt, Action!, Brock actually sang part of the chorus. In Once in a Mawile, I believe it only showed him in his costume with Ash's Corphish next to him holding maracas. I don't think he sang in that episode.

This is definitely one of the better Johto fillers. We had an interesting character, and one of the only times where the character of the day is a singer (it may even be THE only time). Brock's Paradise was hysterical, but I haven't seen this episode in ages, so I can't really remember any specifics.

After hearing the song I wrote my own "English" version of the whole thing and recorded myself singing it...

Quote Originally Posted by PAK Man View Post
    To my knowledge, Brock sang it twice in Hoenn. In Lights, Camerupt, Action!, Brock actually sang part of the chorus. In Once in a Mawile, I believe it only showed him in his costume with Ash's Corphish next to him holding maracas. I don't think he sang in that episode.
    In 'Mawile', all we see is the bloody aftermath of his performance, and he groans, "This is the only song I know."
    I never actually saw 'Camerupt', to which I was severely disappointed not to(was out of town without TV). Must've been as funny as 'Mawile's scene was, LOL.
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

This episode for me has got to be the worst I've seen. The audience, I mean wtf.. with their pinkness (and another word-ness, I'm sure all of them were guys wearing pink, weird), TR were the best act there (the only ones who could sing in my opinion, which is worrying in Brock's case with his voice actor being a singer as well) and all they did was boo *eye roll* all the rest of the music was eugh.. though Brock not knowing any other song is always a little funny. That entire scene annoyed me, it's usually fast forwarded/muted depending on how I feel.

Strangely enough that's all I can remember from the episode, the horrible music. [sarcasm]Woe is me.[/sarcasm]
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

He was really flat in this version...

The episode was ok, although I prefer Britney's Engish singing voice more then her Japanese singing voice. Brock's song hilarious. xD In english that is, and Jigglypuff sure is one ebil pink ball isn't she?
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

The songs were all lousy except for Brock's one, that one was harlirous

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast