Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enlighten Up! (246)

Default Enlighten Up! (246)

Enlighten Up!

Ash & Co. come to a Dojo and start training to be Enlightened allowing for better battles. However Team Rocket appear and start causing problems. Can Ash & Co. get past their training?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

After watching the more overtly religious episode "Take the Lombre Home", it's odd to think of this episode and how they danced around one of the more overtly religious symbols (*cough*nun outfit*cough*). Overall, the episode is pretty interesting, even though I'm not a big fan of slowpokes. It's nice to see those rare episodes where Team Rocket and the twerps get along well, and I love the scene where they race to finish mopping the floor. Ash and the others getting whapped for moving during meditation is also funny, especially Team Rocket's reaction. LOL

Robert Guest

This was a good episode. There was both deep thinking and humor to be found.

I liked this episode, really.

TR and Ash and co. getting along is a rarity, so I'm glad to see it.

That statue defies the laws of physics. One scrawny bike gets placed under it and all of a sudden it's weightless. The bike should've been crushed to a million pieces.

Madeline was cool. For one, she looked decent, something you don't get in every One-Shot Character. And her personality was great, too, calm and cheery(oxymoron). She was a bit oblivious, though.

Hehe, everyone racing with the mops was lol.

Ash's reaction to Gary was funny. And so were Brock and Misty's reactions to Ash's reaction[/mouthful].

When was the last time we saw a Slowbro in action, really?

DUB MISTAKE: "Hello, I'm Brock from Flint City." Nope, wrong, try again.

Overall rating:
    8.0 out of 10
    Pretty good episode. The word enlightenment was overused, though ._.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

This was the worst episode I've ever seen. Serriously, and I don't bash episodes all that often.

frankly, I think this episode's only excuse for existing was to get the animators to draw barefeet :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    I noticed that too...I also love the part when Ash mops...

8/10

OK this episode was decent. My favorite part is whan Misty throws Meowth in the lake to ask the Pokemon why they aren't biting the fishing lures. The way she does it is one of the most hilarious moments in the Pokemon anime.
    6/10+1 for the Misty/Meowth moment, so 7/10

lightspeed Guest

Some parts of this episode was kinda boring, but I like the part with everyone racing in mopping the floor, that was fun and I also enjoyed the part where Misty threw Meowth into the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspeed
    I also enjoyed the part where Misty threw Meowth into the lake.
    Misty: Voted 'most likely to be an animal rights activist' in high school.

Pretty decent episode and had some good parts, especially when TR and Ash got along for a while

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Eh just an episode about training. Nothing too special.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

^ it had some funny moments though, i had to luagh when misty threw meowth into the lake:P

Nah...it was an good episodes..about battles..that not new
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought this was a decent episode. I wasn't surprised that Ash wanted to do the training once he found out that Gary did it too. I liked seeing the mop race, and I laughes when Madeleine points out that even though it was a fun race to watch they barely cleaned the floors. I also loved the part where Misty throws Meowth into the lake to help with catching Pokemon. I thought that the getting hit with the stick for not meditating correctly was rather funny too.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Quote Originally Posted by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈ View Post
    Haha! Flint. His father.

Great episode! funny and wierd about with slowpoke and slowbro.
    Last edited by Kiori; 7th August 2009 at 9:39 PM.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Slowpoke?
    SLOWPOKE!

Wow who couldve tought that slowpoke could think? jks

Anyways this was a funny episode because of team rocket

And what is slowbro doing with the flag?!
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Hmm, i loved to see Slowpoke evolving

And TR were so mean.....

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode had it's funny moments, like the mopping part. But overall, it wasn't really good.

5/10

I don't remember anything funny, except maybe the dubbing error when Brock claimed to be from Flint City instead of Pewter City. Ash was only interested in training because Gary had trained there, typical. You'd think he'd want to simply sharpen his skills his own way without being too competitive. Kind of a pointless Filler though, in retrospect. Not the best episode they've come up with, so this gets a 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 6th November 2010 at 2:01 AM.

It was an okay episode, nowhere near the best but it had its moments like Meowth been thrown into the lake (Jessie did the same to him in the Seaking catching episode). It reminds me that Jessie and Misty are so alike lol (Aside from having pale skin and red hair). They both go on about how pretty they are and is easily insulted when told otherwise, they both act the same towards James/Brock/Ash/Meowth, Misty's a little more tame then Jessie but not too much.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I really didn't like this episode much... I didn't really understand half of what they were talking about in terms of what they believed enlightenment meant, etc. It was cool seeing Slowpoke again. It was funny when Meowth was talking to fish Pokemon underwater and they were explaining their role in the task. The racing with the mops was funny, especially when they found out they had to redo it.

5/100

It was a ok episode it had its funny parts. Not a big fan of it though

4/10

A few errors I noticed with this is that Brock says he is from Flint City instead of Pewter City. Also, Madeliene says that Slowpoke's name was invented by humans. If that were so, why does Slowpoke say its name anyway?

Brock fell in love again, which never gets old or boring. The idea of a Slowpoke Temple was great! Madeline mentioning Gary and getting Ash motivated was great! And Madeline did a great job using Ash, Misty, Brock and Team Rocket as slaves to clean the Slowpoke Temple... And Misty saying she, Ash and Brock still had their youth, unlike Team Rocket was funny. Slowpoke was funny as well! Lanturn getting fished up by Slowpoke was cute and funny! Misty not catching anything and those cute Butterfree flying over while Misty didn't catch anything was great, and Slowpoke fishing up a Gyarados was funny as well, and Misty throwing Meowth in the water. Seeing Slowpoke evolving with Shellder on its tail was nice, and Slowbro using Confusion with the flag in his hand was great as well! And Delibird appeared in the end! What an awesome episode, 10/10!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast