Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up? (247)

It was great to see Oak with a pokemon.

and James was funny....

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I never expected that Oak would have a pokemon. And how Brock reacted to Jessie made it a funny episode.

7.5/10

Well Professor Oak appeared quite a bit in Johto didn't he? If only that were the case in other regions. Anyway, this was a very funny episode. James pretending to be Oak was hilarious since he did a great job fooling some people. Jessie dressed up as DJ Mary was funny as well, but James stole the show. I liked how James was good with poetry as well; a hidden talent it seems. A Johto Filler with a twist, and it was acutally good. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 2:36 AM.

This was quite a good episode and I liked the reference to The Ultimate Test here.
    This is also only the second episode to mention numercial levels following The School Of Hard Knocks. I thought that the concept of levels in the anime wouldn't still exist this late in the anime. I did notice several times in Johto episodes about Pokemon moving up a level too.

Good episode I liked it. Those kids are really gullible though, Prof. Oak isn't that pale, Jessie was able to pull off Mary though.

Brock was funny when he was like "this thing isn't Mary!" although it's like she is a human you know. It does make you wonder why Brock never found Jessie that attractive, I guess because the first time they met he knew she was a bad guy when she tried stealing Pikachu.
    One thing Prof. Oak's poems aren't really that great, the Starmie one was bad but there are others that isn't that good either. The Wobbufett from both wasn't that good either
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I liked this episode. TR looked hilarious in their outfit and disguise impersonations of Professor Oak and Mary. I thought it was really cool how they used Poems as the tiebreaker, it made the most sense. Amazing how nobody could figure out who the fake was...

70/100

I really enjoyed this episode. Team Rocket disguises were very clever. Never knew Oak had a Pokemon at the time of this episodes release.

9/10

I LOVED the additional game reference to Prof. Oak and DJ Mary's radio show in this episode, and Prof. Oak's poetry segment is really something.

Team Rocket impersonating Oak and Mary really made this episode. LOL, they were trying so hard to be the read deal. I liked the reference to the test in the episode "The Ultimate Test".

Wobbuffet...Win. Lmao

Lol, those kids were cute. Such thing as a Celebi? Are Clefairy aliens? When should I evolve my Eevee?? And James just lied to them.

I liked how Brock didn't respond to Jessie being fake trying to be the real Mary. lol

I liked how Misty came up with the idea to have a quiz competition to see who the real professor oak was. She gets to be the problem solver for a change!

And it was nice to see professor Oak with a pokemon, a nice touch.

88/100

I love this Epi =D the fun part was where they tried to look who the real Prof Oak and Dj Mary was xD all the quizezz made James confused =p
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

These are the best costumes that Team Rocket ever had. Only if they gave Meowth a better.

My ideal battle ever!

This is one of the most funny episodes ever! Team Rocket had awesome costumes. This is why I love Jotho so much: the fillers are awesome (and the "important" episodes as well)! 9/10, there is not much else to say.

If there's one thing you shouldn't mess up on, it's the "Jigglypuff seen from above" joke. And guess who messed it up.

Anyway, it was a good episode. It's rare for Team Rocket to remain in a disguise for the entirety of nearly the whole episode, so it was fun to watch the two bounce each other off like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary was played by Rachael Lillis, so it would make sense why she could imitate her voice to near-perfection. I also like how they decided to have Oak's poems (or haikus I suppose they are in the original) in the episode, since American audiences almost never get to see them.

But wow, James is so pasty-white XD. All that time out in the sun, and he can't even tan. That's funny.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Goddammit Brock! Not all the girls you run into are hott!

My ideal battle ever!

This episode is one of those other filler episodes I loved to watch and I really enjoyed the whole thing between Team Rocket masquerading as the fake DJ Mary and Professor Oak. This episode is a good example in how Johto had many character reappearing from both Kanto, Orange Islands and even in Johto itself.

A very hilarious and enjoyable episode, it's one of my favorites. I thought Team Rocket did a good job of impersonating Professor Oak and DJ Mary. I got a laugh at how two announcers had to host the quiz, it was very funny to see.

Professor Oak's lecture about Starmie was amazing. *Wipes tears* Okay, seriously. How can no one tell the difference between Professor Oak and James? And Jessie and Mary?

Amazing episode, Team Rocket's costumes were actually kinda convincing for once. I really enjoyed the episode, it was rather funny!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

The title recalls the famous Eminem song. Kojiro did a great job for the imposter and it is better than the later one in DP in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    The title recalls the famous Eminem song. Kojiro did a great job for the imposter and it is better than the later one in DP in my opinion.
    Seconded.

Also, I loved the English dub of this episode: Stuart Zagnit and Eric Stuart made it very enjoyable as Professor Oak and James, respectively-- certainly a lot better than Carter Cathcart talking to himself later on in DP.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12