Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish Upon A Starshape! (248)

Default Wish Upon A Starshape! (248)

Wish Upon A Star Shape

Heading to Blackthorn City, Ash & Co. see a shootign star. They notice its the UFO they saw in Viridian City a few years ago and see something fall from it...a Cleffa. Ash & Co. decide to help it get back to its Clefairy bretheren. Can they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the PMC. It's interesting to see a group of bad guys who start out as semi-rivals of Team Rocket, then end up joining forces with them when they run out of equipment. I also really liked Phanpy and Cleffa's relationship in this episode, they were so cute together.

Sorry to double-post, but it's been six months since my first post, so it's probably okay.

I watched this episode again last night to gear myself up for Ken and Mary's return this weekend in "Crazy as a Lunatone". I definitely can't wait to see them again. When I saw the pictures for this episode last year, it didn't look like the PMC and Team Rocket had teamed up again, but whether they do or not it should be interesting to see them have a reunion. I'm hoping for more future appearances by Ken and Mary. They're kind of on the borderline between being good and bad guys- good because they're doing research and not so much going after the pokemon for evil means, and bad because they won't let others stand in their way. I hope they will be back.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Robert Guest

This was a pretty good episode. PMC was okay, but they're chant of their name got a bit annoying. It was also a bit odd for them to have giant robot parts in a suit case. Plus, James commented how they can't afford stuff like that, when TR uses all sorts of mechs. Otherwise, it was an entertaining episode.

Dude. PMC is like...me and Alfonso. And the guy looks like Toshiki wtf. :0

I need to actually watch this ep :< Just cuz. PMC, yo.

Purrrrrrr.

I forgot about the PMC until seeing this ep again. That was an amusing rivalry with TR.

This episode was kind of cute, I guess.

I haven't seen the PMC at all yet, so this was my introduction(and rightfully so, since this IS the first episode they're in). They have a lot of cool machines, but they re-used the same building animation every time.

Phanpy and Cleffa's relationship was really touching. Not to mention Phanpy actually had a big role, which is cool IMO.

This beats the old episode by a lot, IMO. It was rather dull and totally out there. At least now they made it make some sense with the 'problems operating it' thing. They're little Clefairies, they shouldn't be able to operate it.

Anyone find it ironic that Cleffa evolved during one of the saddest moments of its life? I mean, it's supposed to evolve because of happiness, but it evolved right when its heart was torn in two Brock had a nice explanation of its evolution though, and it did make sense. It was just the timing that seemed strange.

At some points in this episode, Phanpy sounded just like Cleffa o_0

Phanpy's determination to get Cleffa back where it belonged was sweet. It could've been killed a number of times, but it kept going anyway.

Heh, the PMC and TR sniping at each other was golden.

Overall rating:
    8.3 out of 10
    Nice episode. Cool for a Johto Filler, mainly because of abundant Cleffa and Phanpy scenes.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I think it's the only ep PMC's in.

Nope, they return in AG for Lunatone's introduction.

Darn it, Commander Blizzard said everything I wanted to! :P

9.5/10. Really good for Johto.

Really? Then I want to see that ep, missed most of Hoenn. That's a cool little rivalry that'd be great to see more of sometimes.

This one's alright, Phanpy was great in here

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Pretty good episode. But I didn't see too much point behind it. Kind of a nice throwback to the 1st season though.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I thought that the relationship that developed between Cleffa and Phanpy was really sweet. Especially since Phanpy basically saved Cleffa's life. I liked the little rivalry going on between Team Rocket and The Pokemon Mystery Club (PMC). I thought it was neat that we were able to see all of the same Clefairy that were in "Clefairy Tales". I also liked how the Clefairy stealing items from Team Rocket to help rebuild their ship. I was sad when Cleffa got left behind from its family, and it surprised me that it evolved. However, Brock did explain that the relationship it had with Phanpy could have caused it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I've seen the PMC in houenn! I didn't know there in this episode. I love the cleffa. Cleffa is the cutest pokemon in the world! I remember those clefairy from season 1.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Hmm, Phanpy got a new friend.

Too bad Cleffa left it, Phanpy was so sad....

And i loved to see the new team.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Those PMC guys are weird...... But not in a bad way tough.

7/10

Those PMC guys were the best. They're like Team Rocket only funnier.

Glad Phanpy got some character development with that Cleffa, though it wasn't enought to save it from it's fate.

I've seen too many Fairy episodes to find this one too refreshing :/ 4/10

This episode was ok... It was really cool see Cleffa for the 1st time. The ending was great where Cleffa evolved into Cleffairy because of its friendship with every1, especially Phanpy to be able to get back into the spaceship.

30/100

This episode was ok. Nice to see Cleffa. PMC guys were pretty funny.

6/10

Aww, cute episode! Phanpy helps little Cleffa..its one of my favorites!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked how Phanpy was helping Cleffa. I also like the very beginning where all of the Pokemon were out. I just like those scenes. Crobat.. Poliwhirl.. Phanpy.. Bayleef.. Onix.. All of 'em!!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 9
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Phanpy and Cleffa were cute together, and seeing Phanpy get some screen time was nice. Phanpy having to say goodbye to his new friend was also very sad... I felt so bad for Phanpy! Cleffa evolving into Clefairy in order to get on the spaceship was original and cool. Ash promised Phanpy that he would see Clefairy again, but that never happened... This episode made me cry and was very sad, and very beautiful, 10/10 and a crapload of tears from me.

I've always been curious as to why PMC doesn't just follow Phanpy and Cleffa across the log...not like it's not thick enough to support them. Wimps.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I loved the fact that you both had PSM and Team Rocket in this episode. It was also interesting to see those Clefairy again from almost 200 episodes ago. Seeing Phanpy was great too. All combined, I really enjoyed watching this filler episode and it was certainly of the better one's during Master Quest.

A cute episode, I loved all the Phanpy and Cleffa scenes, I was shipping them in this episode to be honest. PMC were annoying at first but then I started liking them because they were starting to be funny. There goes Ash making stupid promises he can't keep, telling Phanpy that he would see Clefairy (Cleffa) again. Of course that's never gonna happen, can Ash just shut up please with the promises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast