Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outrageous Fortunes! (249)

Default Outrageous Fortunes! (249)

Outrageous Fortunes

Heading to the next City, Ash & Co. meet a trainer with a Poliwrath who proclaims that he is unbeaten. Misty however wants to beat him with her Poliwhirl but loses. Soon after the trainer falls for some phoney Fortune Tellers and gives them his Poliwrath. Will he ever get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This was Politoed's first appearence. After wacthing this I laughed at politoed being all silly and crazy. That moment lasted about for 2 minutes then I just got bored with it. It acts like it in every episode it makes an appearence in. But still this episode was decent I give it a 6/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

Yeah,this is good.Polietoed is better than Poliwrath I think.
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

It's too bad that we didn't get much of a chance to see Politoed since Misty left at the end of season five. It was a pretty funny running gag how he kept applauding and taking a little longer to do everything. I especially liked here when he started shaking "hands" with Victreebel. LOL At least they really found a good use for him in the Silver Conference by having him cheer Ash on. I liked the twerps' reactions to him too.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I only like this episode solely for the reason the fact that Misty got her Politoed

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I loved this episode because it was really funny. I loved the way that Politoed danced and clapped. I also laughed a lot when that Poliwrath used Doubleslap on Jesse and Arbok, Submission on James =)) , and Watergun on Meowth!

SKARMORY, Aerial Ace! DRAGONITE, Outrage! PILOSWINE, Blizzard! EXEGGUTOR, Solarbeam! RAPIDASH, Fire Blast! BLASTOISE, Hydro Cannon!!!!!!!!!

This episode is funny thanks to Misty's Politoed dancing and clapping and shaking hands. That's when her Poliwhirl wore Ash's King's Rock. TR seems to have cheated the same trainer who beat Misty because he sees them stealing his Poliwrath away. And of course, I love the part when Poliwrath attacked Jesse, James, and Meowth especially when they want it to do an attack!

This episode was great.We get to see Mistys Poliwhirl evolving in Politoed and whole battle against Team Rocket was interesting too.
    I always find her Politoed funny because of all that dancing and being cheerful all the time.It was also good to see him in battle along with Poliwrath against Team Rocket.

There is just one thing about this episode.I wonder who would win if battle wasnt interrupted between Ashs Bayleef and trainers Poliwrath.Considering how he was tyred from all this battles i suppose it would be Bayleef,but than again Poliwrath seemed really strong and they were equal before interruption so who knows.

I love Politoed! Somewhat better than Poliwrath, I think. Also very friendly, shaking hands with people & clapping. Hooray for Politoed!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Good episode. The introduction of Politoed. Such a silly Pokemon of Misty's ^_^

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

good episode, cool that Poliwirl evolved into Politoed, its so cute
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really enjoyed this episode.

Meowth: Heh, this is greats. Jessie I chooses you's!

Jessie: I'm not a pokemon

Meowth: Cool! Obiedience scratch attack, now!

James: How come you get all the fun?... Obiedience flamethrower, obiedience hyperbeam

Jessie: I can't

James: Anyone can do a hyperbeam...

Politoed is so cool :] lol. It's dance is wayy better than Totodile's! Politoed is way better than Poliwrath, IMO. I just wish we could've seen it battle more :/
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

I was really surprised that Misty's Poliwhirl evolved into a Politoed. I totally forgot that Ash had a King's Rock that he won from the Pokemon Sumo Wrestling Competition. I thought it was cute to see Politoed hop around and greet everyone. It seems to be very friendly. I thought that it was funny when Jessie became attached to Team Rocket's own device and Meowth and James controlled her. In the end, I was glad that Delaney was able to get back his Poliwratrh.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This episode Is very funny! And poliwhirl is cute! When poliwhirl evolved into politoad. I kanda think hes funny.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

I loved the guy with Poliwrath, too bad TR almost lied to him and stole his badges.
    And Misty's Politoed was very funny, but very strong too.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Its been a long long time that i have seen this episode, its nice to see an older episode again ^_^,
    gotta like Politoed xD. I should watch that episode again. I liked it ^^, it wasnt my absolute favorite, but it was on the good pile in my books

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu146 View Post
    Yeah,this is good.Polietoed is better than Poliwrath I think.
    They're about the same. I think Poliwrath has more potential when it comes to physical attacks though. Anyway, despite what the title claims, this episode wasn't all that outrageous. It was just a good Misty episode where her Poliwhirl finally evolves. I guess having a main character's Pokemon evolve is something though, so this episode was saved from being too bad. 5/10 for Politoed's debut.
    Last edited by Lorde; 2nd November 2010 at 8:21 AM.

This episode was ok... I'm very glad Misty's Poliwhirl evolved into Politoad. When Meowth was using the controls to control Jessie I couldn't stop laughing. Politoad's Swagger attack looks really cool in the anime and it was cool to see it for the 1st time. Submission is a really cool attack used by Poliwrath.

30/100

This episode was good. Really cool to see Misty's Poliwag evolve in to Politoad. Politoad is very cute. I love Politoad glad Misty got instead fo Poliwrath.

Ahh, this episode just aired not too long ago! I really couldn't picture Misty with a Poliwrath...But it shows that Ash's King's Rock was well played as a plot device for Poliwhirl's evolution. Politoed was strong, and funny and friendly too. I love that addition to her team.

The beginning of the episode wasn't the best. I liked Bayleef, though. The end was really good though!! My favorite part was when Poliwhirl evolves and Politoed started rubbing Poliwrath and Phanpy and this:

Ash: It's wearing my King's Rock!
    *Politoed evolves*
    Misty: I think Poliwhirl is evolving
    Brock: Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed
    Misty: Woah!
    Ash: That's Pretty Weird....

I loved Ash's reaction!!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I like this episode. Seeing Poliwhirl evolve into Politoed was very cool! I also liked the battle between Bayleef and Poliwrath, too bad that Brock decided this was a draw while both Pokemon weren't defeated yet. I am sure Bayleef would've won if the battle went on, I also don't count this as being defeated for Bayleef. A very fun episode, 10/10!

I think Politoed fits Misty better than Poliwrath, so the outcome of this episode was great for me.

Misty sure likes to scream at her Pokemon when they don't fight properly lol. 8/10 king's rocks. Liked to see the evolution and the battle

This episode was really nicely done in a way that it was focused on both Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed. I love Politoed personality and being so enthusiastic all the time. It's funny how Misty was totally surprised by the sudden evolution of Poliwhirl and how she became confused with the real enormous change of personality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast