Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ice Cave! (252)

Default The Ice Cave! (252)

The Ice Cave

Brock falls ill to the cold in the Ice Cave and stays at the Pokémon Center. Meanwhile, Ash & Co. discover Team Rocket is trying to warm up the Ice Cave. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shiny May Guest

This is also a good episode. Too bad it was banned. Good to see a Joy with a lot of ice pokemon and Brock being kissed by Jynx was hilarious !!!!!
    I found this a very interesting episode. I hope they air it some day

Why was this episode banned?

I read somewhere that the episode is going to be aired on January 1st 2006. It was originally banned because Team Rocket give Brock a cold, and at the original airdate of the episode SARS was going around, and having a cold is a symptom of it, plus Jynx was in the episode. Lets hope it aires.

Sorry for the questions, but Why would it matter if Jynx was in it? Am i missing something? ... i'm new here...

Quote Originally Posted by new001
    Sorry for the questions, but Why would it matter if Jynx was in it? Am i missing something? ... i'm new here...
    You're actually missing a lot. I'll explain.

When Jynx was first introduced in America, a woman got mad and accused Jynx of being a racial stereotype of black women. 4KIDS didn't want to be sued, so they banned any episode where Jynx had a major role, and this episode was one of them.

There's a chance we may never see Jynx again, all because one soccer mom jumped to conclusions.

I hope that helps.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox

When Jynx was first introduced in America, a woman got mad and accused Jynx of being a racial stereotype of black women. 4KIDS didn't want to be sued, so they banned any episode where Jynx had a major role, and this episode was one of them.

There's a chance we may never see Jynx again, all because one soccer mom jumped to conclusions.

I hope that helps.
    Actually we probably will see Jynx again as the Grand Festival has Jesse using Meowth against Jynx. Nintendo officially changed Jynx's face to purple so we may get Jynx back.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    Actually we probably will see Jynx again as the Grand Festival has Jesse using Meowth against Jynx. Nintendo officially changed Jynx's face to purple so we may get Jynx back.
    Yeah, I know that. It's just that I'm not 100% sure 4KIDS will put Jynx back in just because they changed her skin color to purple. Think about it, that racial issue was huge. 4KIDS might still be restricted.

And that wasn't the Grand Festival where Meowth fought Jynx; it was the Pacifidlog Pokemon Contest.

Yeah, I know that. It's just that I'm not 100% sure 4KIDS will put Jynx back in just because they changed her skin color to purple. Think about it, that racial issue was huge. 4KIDS might still be restricted.

And that wasn't the Grand Festival where Meowth fought Jynx; it was the Pacifidlog Pokemon Contest.
    Oh sorry, but still I don't think they are going to ban that episode as it will put a major hole in the plot. BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and see said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.

BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and she said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.
    Wow, really? That seems kind of wierd since she put up such a big fight.

Well then, if she really doesn't care anymore, maybe we can get this episode aired in America.

Oh sorry, but still I don't think they are going to ban that episode as it will put a major hole in the plot. BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and see said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.
    After all that's happened, she doesn't even care? If that's really true, does 4Kids know? Then again, they still wouldn't show the episode because even if she didn't care anymore, others probably still do. I still doubt that America will ever show this episode, but I don't see why they wouldn't show the episodes with the purple Jynx.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

scotty2hotty Guest

They didn't recolor the Jynx in this episode because the series was past that episode and into the other season when that thought actually did cross their minds. Since they were already past it and the episode wasn't really vital to the plot, they never recolored it.

I am however wondering something. We are nearing the Ice Cave episode on Cartoon Network (in about a week or so). Do you think Cartoon Network will air the episode, or is it a no go? Kids WB is very sensitive about this kind of stuff, but Cartoon Network shows a bunch of raunchy stuff.

It sounds like a mighty interesting episode to see.

Having just watched this episode I can say that I'm sorry 4kids skipped it, it actually was a very good filler.

I have to say, Brock thinking he was holding Joy's hand and trying to kiss Joy while laying in bed only to find out that it was Jynx instead was one of the funniest moments of the pokemon anime.

Surprised that Swinub and Piloswine were in this episode. Also, WTF continuity?! There was a picture on the wall of the Pokemon Center that showed the tan Nurse Joy from the Orange Islands, the one from "The Joy of Pokemon" that went on her little boat going from island to island treating Pokemon. WTF? Can anyone who can understand Japanese explain what Joy said when talking about the tan Nurse Joy in the picture?

Nice to see Brock stand his ground against Team Rocket. Man that was brutal, Arbok completely dominated Brock and Geodude. I didn't expect Arbok to wrap his tail around Brock and continually slam him to the ground. Also TR using some heat machines to faint Jynx, Piloswine and the Swinub was pretty unique.

Also yay for Misty actually battling! The damn girl wouldn't let go of Togepi in the entire episode though, even when she had a blanket over herself. Sheesh, it was almost like Togepi was permanantly stuck in her arms. Bah.

Anyway this was a really nice filler, I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Shame it was never dubbed.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 14th December 2005 at 6:14 AM.

If she does not care any more why dont they show the episode And edit jynx purple. Also Sars flu/cold is over nobody talks about it in japan or the usa it is over it is 2006 and i have not heard any thing about sars or on tv/internet.

Mr. Mime Guest

I hope that helps.

Ohh, thank you so much for posting that! I have gone months wondering why the heck it got banned because of Jynx, I had no idea that a woman did that before. I've also wondered why they changed her skin to Purple, im so happy this is all cleared up ^.^ Thanks!

I never saw this because of the banning of it

Stupid people ruin everything

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I didn't know the episode was banned. What the heck a woman forced to ban this episode??

i watched this episode although it was in jp and there were no sub titles i didnt know what the hell was going on lol but i understood some just paying attention to whats happening lol but it was funny when Jynx kissed brock when brock though she was Joy lol

i missed this episode man it´s allways so annoying when they ban episodes.

This episode looked like it would have been a good one. I watched some of the Japanese episode but just couldn't stand the language >_>

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

This episode,"The Ice Cave" was only aired on YTV in Canada,dubbed in English. I hope they air the dubbed version in the USA,but for now, let's hope that the dub comes there(USA).
    I saw the Japanese episode,and I loved these parts:
    When they all go out to fix the pipe in the robes with Bayleef.
    When Brock gets kissed by Jynx
    The part with the various Nurse Joy pictures
    Team Rocket trys to sell ice cream
    The boss fantasy (Wow! Swinub can blow air from its body? That's cool!)
    And in case you want to know what caused Brock's cold,this is what happend.

My rating: I loved this episode!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/j76j3m.png[/IMG]

No way! YTV actually aired it, and dubbed in English?

I thought because of Jynx 4kids didn't even bother dubbing it...

I found a subbed version, no enlgish version.

I thought this was a good episode. I wish they would have aired it in the United States however. It shocked me that there was a Pokemon Center inside of the Ice Cave. I was also surprised about the device which is used to cool the Ice Cave. I was sad that Brock became sick with a cold. I respect him for fighting through it and trying to stop Team Rocket though. I thought it was funny when Brock got kissed by Jynx thinking it was Nurse Joy. Team Rocket was surprisingly strong in this episode. I also liked James' ice cream stand idea.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Hmm, too bad this ep didn't dub into english version.

i loved to see Brock in action, but Arbok was so strong...

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by cg_25 View Post
    No way! YTV actually aired it, and dubbed in English?

I thought because of Jynx 4kids didn't even bother dubbing it...

I found a subbed version, no enlgish version.
    They aired it outside of the Japan? Odd.

This was the first episode I viewed in Japanese, so it's one of my favorites.

It's ok, with a PC in a cave and Brock being sick, so I don't see what's wrong with it. Five out of ten.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast