Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Is Skin Deep! (253)

Default Beauty Is Skin Deep! (253)

Beauty Is Skin Deep

Arriving at Blackthorn City, Ash & Co. meet Clair and her Dratini. They decide to help her get the Dragons Fang in the ritual. However Team Rocket appear and want to steal it. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode makes me curious what happened during "The Legend of Dratini". It's interesting that Jessie takes such an interest in dratini while it's still a dratini, but loses all interest when it evolves. I wonder what happened in the episode we didn't see. The ritual in the episode wasn't too interesting, but I like the old guy in the Clair episodes.

I liked how we met clair, and ash found out one of the pokemon Clair had, but it started a chain of clair episodes, with the best ones probably being where Dragonite wrecks the dragon's den and the battle between Clair and Ash.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

clair was an interesting character, but enjoyable to watch. it was cool watching dragonite and the other pokemon. 8.7/10

Clair's dub voice just poned, k?

Dratini had such an adorable little voice, too <3

I liked how Jessie disliked Dragonair. That came as surprise, I thought she'd like it more that way.

"Meowth, in flight!"

Hehe, nice quote XD

The purification ritual was quite cool as well.

That old guy got old(no pun intended, especially after seeing the episode) real fast. He was also pepper spray to sore eyes ._.

That sandwich thing really irked me. I can see how a donut is feasible, but a SANDWICH? Looks nothing like a sandwich to me ;-;

Overall rating:
    8.4 out of 10
    Nice introductory episode, especially going by Johto's standards.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Clair's dub voice just poned, k?
    That is so true it made me cry.
    Dude! This was like my favorite episode of the series! Clair's like so "You know I pwn" and I'm like drooling.
    Brock has very very good taste in women. I wish I could flirt with Clair.
    That old guy was so funny.
    One result of this entire episode
    Clair is drop-dead gorgeous!
    And that Dratini is sooo cute!

I can understand Jessie wanting a Dratini for herself (and not giving it to the boss), but why was she upset when it evolved?

As for Clair, her voice was ok.

Sorry for bumping this thread.
    Last edited by Ashy Boy; 24th June 2006 at 12:35 PM.

Whoa, Jessie got upset over Dratini evolving, that was probably the only interesting thing that happened

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I just saw the raw version of this epsisode and wow, Ibuki sounded so similar to Clair, yet so different

and the music and Japanese sound effects were so interesting. Is it always like that in the Johto episodes or was this episode special.

I really liked the EP. One of my favorites. Her Dratini was cute, and I loved the part when it tried to slither to the river and Jessie kinda pulled it back. Dragonair had the beauty, I love its color and its cry.

Thanks UmBreon for the banner

Thanks Light Venusaur for the animated Eevee Evolutions
    A proud member of the Dragon Clan and the ~Misty Club~!

I love this EP! It introduces my favorite Gym Leader of all time!! I wish she would make another appearence in the anime.

Oooh, Jesse seems to want a Dratini for herself, huh? Too bad when she wanted Clair's Dratini for herself, it ended up evolving into Dragonair. I don't know why it happened, but I loved how Dragonair could fly. Clair seems kind, and interesting. My overall rating is 9/10.

I really liek this episode , it features the legendary introduction of raywuaza ,who was then still just only known as the dragon of light xD! So for that only I woudl rate this ep 15/10 ,lol

This is my favourite. Normally I don't like flashbacks, but the one to lake of rage was great. 4 dragons in one ep must be a record. As for the Dratini> Dragonair evulotion I guess Dratini got mad and wanted to fight team rocket.

10000000000000000000/10 is my rating.

it has been a while since i saw a dragonite in the series.

Clair is a cool character. This was a great episode to watch. Dratini was so cute.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Clair is a good gymleader, she's my favorite from Johto
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought this was a great episode. It was a really good introduction to Clair and to Blackthorn City. I thought the Dratini was cute, and I like how Gyrados was protecting it. I enjoyed seeing the ritual of the Dragon Fang, and also seeing Dratini evolve into Dragonair. I thought it was interesting when Kaburagi told Ash, Misty, and Brock about how when a dragon Pokemon dies it becomes a star in the sky.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

That Dratini will might be the first time kids seen it deu to what happen in the Safari zone...
    Clair looks great! Why do dragon pokemon allways the best in the world!

Dratini was cute, but Dragonair is stronger. Clair's first appearance was good.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

good episode
    always love episodes where there are dragon pokemon
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Finally, Dratini's official US debut. It was too bad it was short-lived. Dratini evolved of course so we didn't get to see it's cutest form for long. As for Clair: she looked funny in a jacket and pants haha. I liked that they added the Dragon Fang item from the games' Blackthorn City storyline to the anime in an interesting way; by adding a ritual to the mix. Pretty nice way to start the whole Dragon arc as I call it. 6/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 6th December 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Dragon Arc, that's not a bad name.
    Anyways good episode, nice to see Dratini and Dragonair, I think Dragonair is quite a serene looking Pokemon, good start off for the Dragon arc.

I wonder what Dragon that Fang came from. Salamence? Dragonite? You can't see all of the Dragon's fangs so it's hard to tell.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Ash was quite enthusiastic to start his 8th gym battle. At the begining and at the end.
    Clair's Dratini evolved, but I always wanted to see if Ash can beat a Dratini. At least they had him facing against his evolution, who has various attacks, and it's a bigger challinge, of course.

I don't know why, but I pretty loved the old man.(Clair's assistant). Too bad he didn't use pokemon.

Damn! Clair was such a badass in this episode ! Also Wobbuffet was useful for once in battle as he had successfully used mirror coat against Pikachu's thundershock, and it had shocked Ash & Pikachu in return .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast