Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up? (247)

Default Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up? (247)

Will The Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up?

Ash & Co. meet up with Professor Oak but soon find that there is an imposter in town pretending to be him. Unsure who's real the town folks do a contest to see who is the true Professor Oak. Will the Real Prof. Oak come through?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

I really like this episode it's so.....Johto! It was really smart of James to dress up as Prof. Oak and fool everyone. I was surprised to see Prof. Oak catch a Pidgey aswell!

I really love this episode, because it's different from the norm and it's totally hilarious. I love Meowth dressing up as a producer, and Wobbuffet knocking him off twice. I also like that James shows he has at least *some* smarts, accidental or not, during the quiz round with Professor Oak.

These poeple must be blind and deaf. James didn't look like Oak in the slightest. Did they really have to go through that whole quiz?

Whatever
    Real the Slim Shadey please shut up, please shut up.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Blue,Too? Guest

this is an okay episode. I don't like how they use song titles for the episode names (Will the Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up?, Stairway to Devon, ect.), and I can't believe some people actually thought James looked like Prof. Oak when he dressed up as him (Oak has a tan >>). But overall, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

I give Will the Real Prof. Oak Please Stand Up a 7/10

This was such a very good episode. I thought that this was one of the most funniest episodes of Pokemon.
    Last edited by Medea; 19th December 2004 at 2:24 AM.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

when i heard about this episode, i thought at first it would introduce imposter professor oak from the card game but it wasn't. that was kinda disappointed but whatever......

Ororo Munroe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    These poeple must be blind and deaf. James didn't look like Oak in the slightest.
    Yes he did, just not exactly like him. It's better than many of TR's other disguises.

Team Rocket's disguise was much better than usual, this time.

I have to say, this was a very funny episode. The funniest episode yet, IMO. I wish I was around to give it a fresh review right after it premiered, I know this would be one of the few episodes I'd give a 10/10. In fact, I'll do it right now: 10/10.

Most of the hilariousness of this episode comes from James, as Professor Oak. He's said some of my favorite Pokemon quotes in this episode.

"Just give it up, your poem fell over like a lead balloon."

*Does a series of funny/silly movements*"What?! How could you say that?!! It's so obvious that my brilliant poem was superior to that POMPOUS DRIVEL!!!"
    Last edited by Kamex; 11th January 2005 at 7:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Team Rocket's disguise was much better than usual, this time.

I have to say, this was a very funny episode. The funniest episode yet, IMO. I wish I was around to give it a fresh review right after it premiered, I know this would be one of the few episodes I'd give a 10/10. In fact, I'll do it right now: 10/10.

Most of the hilariousness of this episode comes from James, as Professor Oak. He's said some of my favorite Pokemon quotes in this episode.

"Just give it up, your poem fell over like a lead balloon."

*Does a serious of funny/silly movements*"What?! How could you say that?!! It's so obvious that my brilliant poem was superior to that POMPOUS DRIVEL!!!"
    Agreed, this episode was definetely funny, and yes, I think the funniest.

Concerning TR's costumes- Ash, Misty, and Brock knew who the real Oak and Mary were, and for once weren't fooled by TR's disguise. They have actually seen Oak and Mary in person before, so it would be easier for them.
    Other people, like the majority of the crowd, probably have never seen them in person, so it would be harder for them to distinguish between the two. And TR's disguises were much better than most of their others.

Those are my favorite quotes from the episodes too.

The poem James composed was better than Oak's to me.

Does anyone know what the poems were in the Japanese version? I'd like to know them.
    Yeah!

Wow, people liked this episode 0_o

Well, I was really bored by this episode. TR does disguises nearly every episode, what's so exciting about it this time?

Jessie's imposter voice was actually pretty cool-sounding, IMO.

James was just wrong, though. Terrible voice, terrible disguise. Looked like some sun-deprived(especially compared to the real Oak) hobo, IMO.

Mary was really ugly. Again, I'm surprised Brock could like such a freakish woman. He really needs to get a permanent girlfriend...

The contest was yawn-inducing, too. Jessie and Mary made it more than clear that you should wait for the question to finish, and what does Oak do? Answers before it, of course! --;; Plot device hi.

The poems were decent, though(except Starmie's). Not good, but not bad.

I'm surprised no one noticed Meowth whispering answers IN PLAIN VIEW into Professor James's ear. A microphone clipped to his ear would've made sense, but he just stood up in front of them all and told him the answer.

Furthermore, why wasn't anyone suspicious when James reprimanded Jessie for using his actual name? We all know it's Samuel Oak, not James Oak. He could've denied that that was his real name, but he actually asked her not to call him by his name ._.

Overall rating:
    6.3 out of 10
    Standard Johto filler, boring, pointless, and uneeded. Only halfway decent thing in this episode was some Pidgey battling. When did we last see THAT?

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Well while rewatching this episode today, I noticed that the first question in the contest is: what attack does Slowbro learn at level 46
    ...and here I was thinking levels don't exist in the anime
    (No one mention The School of Hard Knocks)
    ...Oh well. It was a better than average filler with some humor courtesy of TR.
    8.5/10

Didn't this episode air only once in the US?

Wow, this storyline rings truer than ever before, now doesn't it? It relates so well to the Voice Cast Controversy. Like Oak says, "You're an imposter!"
    Other cool stuff in this includes Team Rocket, of course!
    Notable quotes include:
    Jessie to Mary: "You're impersonating me, sweetheart!"
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Good ep, glad we get to see DJ Mary again. TR actually did good on their disguises and Meowth was hilarious as the 'producer'. But the animation wasn't as good as most of the Johto episodes.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

James made a good Professor Oak, it was a good try though.
    Oak catching a Pidgey, that was random, but overall, Team Rocket was good in this one

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This was one of my favorite episodes, the diffrence between the real Oak and James is that James skin is lighter, but it was hard to spot
    RangerShipping Fan
    Solana x Lunick forever!

Funny stuff in this one. James looks really white.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

This episode was alright, it at least shows that James is actually pretty smart. It was also nice to see Oak having A Pidgey

James is the wacky Professor Oak because he said to the children a Farfetch'd is holding a hockey stick. Actually, Farfetch'd is holding any kind of stick, even from sprigs of leaves. Although I didn't watch the Wobbuffet-themed haiku contest, but I could rate this episode as 9/10. Sure, DJ Mary, I am familiar of her, she's from the radio station in Goldenrod City. Jesse's disguised as her in the contest. The quiz round, I know the question of Nurse Joy, to see who's the evolution of Slowpoke. The funniest part in the answer portion is that Oak plays video games???? And the identification of a tail of a Pokemon, well, Oak got it right, its the tail of an Aipom.

This episode was hilarious.I liked how James tryed to impersonate prof.Oak and he was pretty successfull until all went downhill in that quiz.I think this episode brought a nice concept and had many funny and interesting elements in it.

The quiz to find out who is the real professor Oak was decent and overall i enjoyed in this episode.

Aha, I loved this episode. James & Oak had a trivia round to determine who was who. I loved it! And I loved that bit with the Pidgey; that little Pidgey looked quite strong, to really show his philosophies ^_^ Good episode.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I like this episode. It was cool to see Oak battling with a Pidgey.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought Team Rocket did a good job of impersonating Professor Oak and Mary. I found it amusing when James was pretending to be Professor Oak and he told the children that Farfetch'd hold a hockey stick. I also liked the idea of having a contest to determine who the true Proffesor Oak is and who the imposter is. I'm glad that they were abke to identify the real Proffesor Oak correctly. However, I was awfully surprised by how strong the Pidgey was.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great Episode! The kids are funny lol! Its all right that thare is such thing as a celabi! you just need the GS ball to work!
    And Brock don't like jessie because jessie is an old witch!

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast