Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fangs For Nothin' (254)

Default Fangs For Nothin' (254)

Fangs For Nothin'

In Blackthorn, Ash starts his battle with Clair and her Dragon Pokémon. However Team Rocket go to the Dragon's Den and trick a Dragonite into helping them steal the Dragon's Fang and fight Ash & Co. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Cool episode. Wasn't this also Wynauts debut to the Anime?

This was a really good second part episode. I liked how Team Rocket managed to convince the dragonite to help them, even though things went horribly wrong in the next episode. It was funny when they were giving the dragonite images of an evil Claire and the twerps (normally it'd be disturbing, but hey, this was an exaggerated story!). I'm also glad that Team Rocket's interruption ended up being beneficial for Ash since he then was able to get Charizard and Snorlax for his gym battle.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

The one time when TR interrupting was good. Gave us a good preview to Kingdra's might, to Clair's skill, and made way for a good sidequest.

Best part was when Jessie wanted to see 'an adorable Pokémon face' and Meowth pops up overhead XD

Wobbuffet's voice was also rather strange when it was looking for the......er, 'donuts'. BTW, anyone find it weird that they're called sandwiches in the episode to this episode?

I'm surprised that Brock didn't advise Ash against Electric Attacks on Kingdra. Furthermore, though, I'm surprised they did so little. Sure, they do neutral damage to Kingdra, but that doesn't make it impervious to them. Kingdra's voice, BTW, poned.

Poor Dragonite. It's backstory was terribly cliché, but I still felt sorry for it.

Overall rating:
    8.8 out of 10
    Excellent, just excellent. Funny, good prequel, and nice animation, IMO.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

I can't believe Jessie was still upset about Dratini. As if she can control Pokemon evolution. Sorry for bumping this thread.

LOL, my favorite part, TR convincing Dragonite to help them

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Wasnt this the episode were rayquaza was introduced for the first time? He appeared as if he was coming out of the dragon fang(I gues it's his) and that gymleader called him: "the dragon of light"..............

Wrong session this is in Johoto

Hey! Does anyone want to play party games? Then check out this game in the games section...The party Games contest!! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=332831
    SESSION 2 HAS NOW BEGAN PLEASE JOIN...THERE IS A NEW HOST!!

Quote Originally Posted by The carter View Post
    Wasnt this the episode were rayquaza was introduced for the first time? He appeared as if he was coming out of the dragon fang(I gues it's his) and that gymleader called him: "the dragon of light"..............
    I agree, but it was the episode before this.

Wrong session this is in Johoto
    Many pokemon appear before the region the "belong to"

Quote Originally Posted by Meppe View Post
    I agree, but it was the episode before this.

Oh ok ,thanks

Rayquaza never appeared in a regular episode of ANY season, so this point is moot.

So far, Rayquaza has only been in the movies.

The
    "Dragon of Light" was probably based on the Long-style dragons, just as Rayquaza is. It's the same concept as that one boat in Maiden's Peak bearing a Wind Chime and people thinking it was Chimecho, it's simply simmilaritys in looks derived from the same concept.

This is a good episode. Don't you think Wynaut showed up as a debut in this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Rayquaza never appeared in a regular episode of ANY season, so this point is moot.

So far, Rayquaza has only been in the movies.
    this point aint moot. There was a hint at rayquaza ,his for mor somethign that looked liek him came out of the dragon fang! Go watch that episode again.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The
    "Dragon of Light" was probably based on the Long-style dragons, just as Rayquaza is. It's the same concept as that one boat in Maiden's Peak bearing a Wind Chime and people thinking it was Chimecho, it's simply simmilaritys in looks derived from the same concept.
    I wish it where only that ,but the fact of the matter is that it was rayquaza and it makes perfectly sense. That thing totaly looked as rayquaza ,If I could just find that episode or good pictures of it I could prove it. I mean ho ho was shown way before jotho was released ,why couldn't they have done the same with rayquaza? I think people are in denial here, probably because they didnt discover this themselves. Well that's what my country gets for re-running master quest 100.000.000 times, you get to notice little things like this you US/Jap guys dont......xD

Here is a link to a pic of it. It looks like Rayquaza exept for the color. "Centuries ago a fierse(Sp?) dragon pokemon ..." That sounded like Rayquaza too. I'll post the whole quote when I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meppe View Post
    Here is a link to a pic of it. It looks like Rayquaza exept for the color. "Centuries ago a fierse(Sp?) dragon pokemon ..." That sounded like Rayquaza too. I'll post the whole quote when I remember it.
    Thank you!!! That's the picture right there. Well if that aint rayquaza..............I'll eat my DS + my pokemon fire red.....Raw!! lol But we are in the wrong topic discussign this it seems ,nwo that I finally know wich episode it is I'm gonna head over there and leave this topic be

why did dragonite help them? they are eeevil, well anyways it was a good episode i think a 9/10 would fit nice.

I guess it confused Dragonite that they had the dragon fang.

This episode aired on my birthday And it was a good one. I don't like how he didn't use any of his Johto Pokemon though.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

It was an great episode! Kingdra is so cool
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought that the gym battle at the beginning of the episode was great. Clair's Kingdra was really powerful. However, Team Rocket just always has to mess things up. I thought that the Dragon's Den was pretty neat. Team Rocket made a smart choice inconvincing Dragonite help them get rid of Ash, Misty, Brock and Clair. However, I am glad to see Charizard coming to help save them.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I think I've heard a pokemon that its from houenn!

Seems that Ash wasn't able to beat Kingdra.

And Dragonite was very angry, it was sad.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The gym battle was pretty good, Kingdra was quite strong and might have actually won if it wasn't for TR (Reminds me of a Kingdra I just battled on the Wifi lol it was strong).

It was a good episode but the next one is even better. I wonder how come Dragonite does not know who Clair is, I guess she is never been in the Holy lands.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and especially Dragonite were all adorably cute in this episode . Ash could've had that gym match against Clair's Kingdra in the bag had he properly utilized Noctowl's psychic attacks. Also Charizard's special surprise appearance at the end of this episode equals all 7 kinds of epic !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast