Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fangs For Nothin' (254)

So Ash and Clair finally got their Blackthorn City Gym battle underway. I was impressed by what I saw from Clair's Kingdra as even Pikachu's Electric attacks didn't seem to be of much use against the Wate/Dragon-type. I was very disappointed by Team Rocket's antics in this episode though. I hated that they stole the Dragon Fang just as Ash and Clair's Gym battle was getting interesting due to Noctowl getting involved. I did like the chase involved though, and how Misty used Politoed to help her go after Team Rocket with the other guys. The Dragon's Den in the anime looked more like a tunnel so that was a neat surprise. I liked that the Dragonite at the garden was friendly but I was disappointed that it let itself be used by Team Rocket. A pretty good episode despite it's small flaws. 8/10.

This episode was cool. I liked the gym battle, even though Ash did poorly. He was definitely a dunce when it came to Kingdra's high Special Defenses. It was cool seeing Kingdra for the 1st time. Too bad Dragonite fell for what TR said and turned on Clair and the gang.

64/100

Clair was looking better than ever...

1000/100

Cool battle at the beggining. Team Rocket were really mean to the Dragonite tricking it. Sad that they could not continue the battle.
    Last edited by TheEpicGoomba; 4th June 2011 at 12:34 PM.

It was a pity to see the battle quit. Ash was definitely going to lose against Kingdra, having Noctowl defeated and Pikachu really tired (close to being beaten). The battle was really great. The rest of this episode was also good, but less good in my opinion.

It's a shame we never saw the final efforts of Noctowl vs. Kingdra. Unless it miraculously pulled Ice Beam out of its butt, Noctowl might've been victorious. I'm also curious who his original third choice would've been. Bayleef?
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Team Rocket can be really persuasive if they need to be. The first gym battle between Ash and Claire was really well-done and it clearly showed how tough of an opponent Ash was facing. I'm always someone that loves the Dragon-type Pokémon since it was first introduced and that is something else why I liked this arc and episode even more.

A good episode, Clair's Kingdra was powerful. I got a laugh at how Jessie still can't get over Dratini evolving and I was dying when TR acted all innocent with Dragonite deceiving it to attack the twerps.

Wow. This reminds me when I had my past battles against her Kingdra. It's not easy to beat. I wish Noctowl could have defeated it at least.

The gym battles between Satoshi and Ibuki was not very impressive in my opinion. Best scene of this episode is the Rocket actually got away from Satoshi and gained Kairyu's trust when they describe to it that Satoshi and friends were bad people. Sonano did not make a formal debut in my opinion and quite funny that Sonans was the one to be blamed for the donuts.

Awesome episode & wow, is that Charizard? I sure enjoyed this episode. I am loving these episodes!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12