Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Eight Than Never! (256)

Default Better Eight Than Never! (256)

Better Eight Than Never

After stopping the problems in the Dragon's Den, Ash & Clair continue their battle...but with Ash's Charizard on his team again, it could very well be a glorious win. Will he actually win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Charizard really beat Dragonaire that time!

Factory Head Noland Guest

This Gym Battle totally rules!!!! It's one of the best ever, it took ages for Ash and Clair to actually have the battle because they kept on getting interupted. Team Rocket were very trouble-some in these episodes.

Of all the Johto episodes, the Gym Battles were DEFINATELY worth seeing. They never seem to disappoint, and the battle between Satoshi and Claire was a perfect example. Snorlax, Noctowl and Charizard got to have their own action in on the battle and this was proving Satoshi's been really improving since he reached Johto.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I know, there never was a disappointing Gym Battle in Johto. Also they were never really the same (something different always happened), there was no pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bayleef~
    I know, there never was a disappointing Gym Battle in Johto. Also they were never really the same (something different always happened), there was no pattern.
    Although Pryce and Jasmine were VERY similar in some ways.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Zen Guest

I don't think that battle should have been restarted, but continued. I mean, that's not fair; Ash had already sent Pikachu and Noctowl (which was defeated) in the previous battle, so Snorlax or Charizard shouldn't have been allowed to battle.
    Ash was losing and was going to lose, he just had one pokemon and Pikachu left but the battle started from the beggining.
    In addition, Charizard is that pokemon that Ash just calls when problems appear, as well as Snorlax or Squirtle, for example. Also, Ash doesn't call them, they come anyway without any reason! It's very suspicious that when Ash was battling against Clair Charizard appeared and agreed to fight for him. Charizard is perhaps Ash's strongest pokemon, well, was, because he's no longer his trainer.

If the battle hadn't been started again, Kingdra would have beaten Pikachu; and I don't think Charizard could win Kingdra, Gyarados and Dragonair.

If I had been Clair I wouldn't have let Ash use his Charizard or restart the battle. You just have one pokemon and Pikachu, I still have Kingdra and two more. Another thing, when Charizard dried the pool (how? I mean, he burnt the water with fire and it evaporated!) Clair should have called his Dragonair to make an hydro pump or something to fill the pool again. Bad move. Another unfair thing, when Charizard appeared, the "referee" opened the floor so that he could fly, that's a clear advantage to Ash.

To sum up, the battle was exciting, but winning that way is a swindle... that battle was cheated and tricked. Ash shouldn't have won.

This gym battle rocked! Charizard returning was a treat and also one of my favorite things charizard's around the world siesmic toss.
    i give it a 10/10
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

This episode is on again on Saturday but I'm gonna miss it *sobs*, I'm going on stupid holiday on Friday morning! I've been waiting for this episode to air again for ages aswell!
    This is one of the best Gym Battles ever!

I liked how Ash used Snorlax and Charizard, not Pokemon form his usual team but it did seem a but unfair to his Johto team as they are good battlers aswell.
    The battlefield in this battle is one of the best I've seen, the pool in the middle is cool.

This was a pretty awesome gym battle, especially with Snorlax and Charizard's fights. I especially liked when Snorlax used ice punch, and Charizard evaporated the pool. Ash really did good in this episode, that's for sure. I also liked Charla getting confused when wynaut stole her food. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I originally missed this episode, and had to wait a pretty long time until I saw it in the reruns, but I liked it a lot. Though I was really surprised that Snorlax had Ice Punch out of nowhere, and Ash knew it. But at least they're consistant: he uses Ice Punch again in the Jouto League.

This was such an awesome! gym battle, I really liked it, Charizard and Snorlax both battled greatly. Wynaut stealing he food was so random, but it was very funny

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Did anyone notice how after this battle, every single episode afterward will have the look of Advanced. In other words, they wont look hand painted anymore, they will look computer painted.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I don't know about that. I only noticed the improved color and visuals being better in certain episodes around this time. Ones I always noticed having the better colors and animation included "Got Miltank?", "Address Unown" "You're a Star, Larvitar" and "Here's Looking at you Elekid". The most noticable differances for me were Jessie's hair being purple instead of bright red (oddly enough her hair is red in some of the later movies) and Brock's hair is a bit of a differant tint too, a more light brown than black.
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

Ash's battle against Clair is cool, Charizard using Seismic Toss against Dragonair, that's a cool fight. Snorlax did great too, its tummy sure resisted some of Kingdra's attacks. Plus Kingdra got some damage from the Ice Punch of Snorlax, since it's a Dragon-type. It's impossible that Charizard vaporized the water in the pool with a Fire Spin, well, Ash said that time "full power". It paved the way to beating Clair and entering the Johto League.

gym battles are allways very entertaining i'll give this a 9/10.

Good battle. But he still didn't use any of his Johto Pokemon. Oh and look. Pikachu was used again. How exciting >_>

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Ash vs Clair, it was a great episode, i love watching it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I love how everything bounces off snorlax...

I liked this episode mostly for Charizard's temporary return.

The outsider of Ash's team.

I thought this was a great gym battle. I thought Ash made a smart choice in getting Snorlax from Professor Oak. I was surprised that Clair used Kingdra as her first Pokemon. In the video game I thought it was her strongest. I was surprised to see that Snorlax was able to use Ice Punch. I thought the fight between Pikachu and Gyrados was pretty good. Pikachu's agility worked really well, and Gyrados was defeated. Now, I thought the fight between Charizard and Dragonair was awesome! It shocked me that Charizard's fire evaporated all the water in the pool. I thought that Ash made a smart move to have Charizard use Fire Spin while concealed in Dragon Rage. I was glad to see Ash get his final badge before the Johto League. I wondered throughout the episode why Kaburagi opened the roof to the gym. To me, that just gave Charizard an advantage.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great Episode! Cant wait to see the pokemon legue episode!

Mmm, great gym battle, one of my favorites.

Charizard was awesome. and Snorlax also.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast