Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Better Eight Than Never! (256)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I was surprised that Ash used Snorlax at the Blackthorn gym cuz it seemed like he only stood a chance by relying on two pokemon that had not currently been on his main Johto team.
    He was being smart, actually. His other Pokemon wouldn't have stood a chance against Clair's team.

Good final Gym battle, especially Charizard against Dragonair. I almost thought Ash was going to lose but I'm glad I was wrong.

I thought that Ash made a smart choice in getting back his Snorlax from Professor Oak's lab, and I was surprised to see that Snorlax was able to use Ice Punch now. I thought the fight between Charizard and Dragonair was excellent btw. It also shocked me that Charizard's fire attack evaporated all the water in the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    He was being smart, actually. His other Pokemon wouldn't have stood a chance against Clair's team.
    Well I just feel that his Heracross deserved to be used against Clair here cuz he rarely got screentime in Johto. Ash using Snorlax and Charizard over him kind of frustrated me is all. ^^

I can understand why Ash used Snorlax in this Gym because of his natural body fat which made him a tank, but Charizard was a bizarre choice since he was weak against Claire's Kingdra and Gyarados.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    but Charizard was a bizarre choice since he was weak against Claire's Kingdra and Gyarados.
    That's true in terms of the usual type disadvantage mechanics, tho the anime has shown us several times that that kind of thing doesn't always matter. And besides, Ash's Charizard didn't even get to battle Gyarados or Kingdra here ha ha. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    And besides, Ash's Charizard didn't even get to battle Gyarados or Kingdra here ha ha. ^^;
    I know, but I was just saying that since Ash knew Claire's team ahead of time, he should've planned his own team better using actual logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I know, but I was just saying that since Ash knew Claire's team ahead of time, he should've planned his own team better using actual logic.
    Well it's just like Ash to choose his pokemon based on how much he trusts them and also based on his own instincts ha ha, so I guess he didn't think about his choices rationally. Still, I was impressed that his Snorlax now knew Ice Punch.

Snorlax knowing Ice Punch was too convenient, though. I don't see how he even learned it since all he ever does is sleep. :/

The fact that Satoshi recalled his Kabigon for the Fusube Gym battle was a good decision since it knew Ice Punch, which was effective against Ibuki's Dragon-types. Watching Lizardon versus Hakuryu was intense, and I also liked seeing the Rocket-dan dig that tunnel, as well as how the wild Sohnano stole food from Sieg's Lizardon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123