Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Add Water! (258)

Default Just Add Water! (258)

Just Add Water!

On the way to New Bark Town, Ash & Co. go to the Unofficial Coastline Gym...a Water gym led by a trainer who frequently goes to Cerulean Gym. Misty decides to battle him to defend her own honor. Can she win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This is one of my favorite episodes. Dorien is a cool Water Trainer and I like how his gym is for underwater battles. And it's cool how he's friends with all four Sensational Sisters.

Mistystar89 Guest

I liked tis one too. It was interesting and cool. 8.9/10

meggirl63 Guest

I thought that Dorien was cute! Oh, I LOVE being in the water. So, if I had to choose a Pokemon for a battle against Dorien, I'd choose Gyrados 'cause he's got a lot of dragon power. RRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

vanillamountain Guest

I liked this episode a lot - the whole underwater battle thing was a novel idea. They really need to do a hoso where Misty and Dorien meet up again.

I think the guy in this episode had a pretty good idea for a gym. At least it was a little bit different from the usual gyms, and his pokemon were good battlers. It's too bad we didn't actually see the twerps spreading the word about it at the Silver Conference like they promised, but at least this episode was pretty good. I also liked the part during the boss fantasy when Meowth mentions Giovanni peeling off his robe and James asks if he's wearing swimming trunks. LOL It was also great to see Psyduck battle one more time before Misty left.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

great episode and finally misty gets a new rival... entertaining and fun to watch 9/10

It's too bad we didn't actually see the twerps spreading the word about it at the Silver Conference like they promised
    I thought the same thing. Oh well. It happens a lot("I promise I'll meet you again, Gary Stu! You may be exactly like every other male trainer under the sun, but I'll always remember you!").

Y'know, I do wonder if Misty feels at all disturbed that Brock hits on her own family a lot. Or if she gets anrgy when Brock goes and comments on her sisters' beauty, yet ignoring her's(not that she's beautiful, per se).

Lanturn's voice poned. No way around it. Cute, yet tough. Quite a feat.

Mantine and Qwilfish had good voices, too. Yay for my favorite Pokémon getting great voices.

Dorien was a bit dull, I thought. His gym was cool, but he himself was just some random male who ran a gym. Needed more of a personality.

0_0 TR was pretty vicious in this episode. They easily could've killed the gang. They were also quite confident, just like last episode, and the arc before the last episode. It's a shame this trend doesn't continue all that long.

Psyduck in action is automatic yes.

The battles weren't all that exciting. And if you didn't see the water around them, you wouldn't know they were submerged, IMO.

Supersonic abuse ._.

Overall rating:
    7.0 out of 10
    Standard Johto filler. Showcases some cool Pokémon, but drags on the rest of the time. W00t for TR nearly succeeding and Psyduck fighting, though.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Great filler ep, although I wasn't too impressed about Misty's dignity.

Good underwater battle, I liked it alot

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

this is a very good episode. i love seeing the strong side of pysduck =). but one thing that really annoys me is that Ash wore his HAT in the water. What the Hell. anyway i wish psyduck would learn how to swim lol
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

Dorien is a good trainer. He seems to be good battling underwater. At least he goes to Misty's gym back in Cerulean City.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysnorlax View Post
    but one thing that really annoys me is that Ash wore his HAT in the water. What the Hell.
    Only his hat? Satoshi, Kasumi and Takeshi all went in the pool with all their clothes on, shoes and all.

Odd that a guy running a gym where the trainers are required to go into the pool doesn't keep any spare swimsuits around.

Or, maybe he did, but the group just enjoy swimming fully clothed. They tend to do it often.

i liked this episode alot, waterbattles are allways fun if you ask me.

Definitely one of the most interesting episodes in Johto.The whole concept of gym having underwater battles was unique and original.I also liked how Misty was annoyed at Dorien when he mentioned her sisters claiming how they consider her as a loser.Man she had all the right to be angry and im glad that she defended her honor.

Underwater battles were really great and it was nice seeing Ash and Misty in action.Im really glad that in this episode we finally get to see Goldeen in action which sadly wasnt showed too much during Johto and the battle between Mantine and Corsola was great too.Im glad that at the end after Dorien saw the true potential of Mistys Psyduck declared her as winner of the match,because i think she deserved it.Overall one of the better episodes for sure.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 18th November 2008 at 5:03 PM.

Dorien was so cool ^^ I loved that underwater match! It was so interesting and original ^_^ Goldeen and Corsola were great!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved the underwater match. Yay a Lanturn ^_^ I love Lanturn.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

It was a cool underwater battle, i love it..Lanturn rocks!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This was a wonderful episode, and for them to all be battling underwater in here. This one was so awesomely cool!!

I thought that Dorian's gym was really neat. I really enjoyed seeing the underwater battles. I thought the battle between Misty and Dorian was really good. I wish we could have seen the last battle between them to determine a true winner. I thought that Misty's Psyduck was amazing when it used Psychic. I think that is the first time that Psyduck has used it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Ah, that was a wonderful episode when Psyduck was totally Uber, and the Coastline gym was one of my favorites...

Water pokemon are great! Lantern is usfull. The underwater gym is great!

Hmmm, great battle..

Ash wasn't able to beat Lanturn

At least Misty won 1 battle..

4/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wow, didn't think there would be a gym battle after Clair, even if it is unofficial.

Misty finally got a chance to shine (though that should've happened in the Whirl Islands). I liked that she seemed to have a rivalry with the COTD since she refused to lose to him.

Kinda cool. It was certainly something new and different. 5/10

I really liked the underwater battle since we don't get too many of those anymore. It was good to see Misty battle a Gym Leader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast