Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Add Water! (258)

Yeah but it's also weird having characters defending their gymleader honor by not actually being in a gym and facing challengers instead of traveling else where. But what do I know anyway.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was ok... It was cool to see another unofficial gym and gym battle. I liked this episode better than the Kanto one. It was cool seeing Misty battle Dorien in the gym since it was for water Pokemon. It was cool to see Psyduck used again. It was cool to see Ash battle Dorien as well. Dorien's gym was really cool to see.

40/100

I liked this episode. I really like the unifficial gym leader,gym battle concept. I liked that it was a Misty episode. Cool to see 2 Water type trainers have a battle too.

This episode was really funny. Brock expected a hot woman, but the Coastline "gym leader" was a man.

When I first saw this episode, I liked seeing Jotho Water Pokemon battle, think about Mantine and Lanturn.

Psyduck was awesome in this episode.

There was a question that I had always had to ask myself. How can you defend your gymleader reputation if you are not there being a gymleader? I just think it's lazy and hypocritical. I mean back in Kanto I am sure there were trainers who wanted the Cascade badge yet Misty wasn't there to give it to them. Weird.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

I was happy that almost at the end of Johto, they made at least one more episode really focused around Misty. That made this episode quite interesting to watch and I think both the character of the day and Misty were quite awesome during the battle. This was a really good filler if you take for granted that Misty centered episodes in Johto weren't that common.

A very good episode focusing on Misty. I love Dorian and his underwater gym and seeing Misty's Psyduck was so great when it used Psychic. Misty has already battled twice underwater it really suits her and puts her in her element. The battle between Misty and Dorian was really good you could tell how impressed Dorian was.

I really liked this episode. Since it was focusing on Misty. I didn't liked that Ash battled Dorian first, because he already had his Gym battle. I do wish that Goldeen had gotten a win. If I remember correctly, it's only win was against James' Victreebel in the Orange Islands. I also wish that she had used Staryu against Mantine, because it would have mirrored her battle against Molly. It was nice to see how much she cared for Psyduck. It's good to see that Psyduck also knows Psychic as well.

I don't want to review this episode, but I have to if going to tell people that they are wrong about Misty being good.

You know what the promblem with this episode. It focus on Misty and I think Misty is one of my least favorite charaters when I was a kid and now that I'm grown up I still don't like Misty at all. Really the episode padded out it time when Misty went to let her Pokemon play in the water. This is waisting are time and also forshadowing that Psduck is going to be in the episode to do something. Also I never liked Misty's Psyduck that much ether because we could have many story elements that are not use.

The problem with Misty and Costline gym leader was not that very instering because it was about Misty asking him about what her sisters think of her and this made me face palm. In Johto so far we don't talk about Misty's sisters releationship in a long time and now they are talking about this. If Misty's sister were talked more into the series I would be more instering in this plot, but they were only talked about in the Kanto porstion of the anime and they never talked about in this season. Also when Misty said she was the most beautiful and Talented I felt that makes her into an airhead just like her sister as well.

The battle in this episode was okay at best, but I can say that Sky battle are much better the underwater battle. You can do the same type of movement in the air as you can do in the water. I didn't like that the gym leader use Spark and the electric didn't conducted. I think Totodile should won that battle so this show that it was a strong Pokemon to not be messed with. I really didn't care about Misty fight with him at all.

As for Team Rocket in this episode, I felt kind of sorry for them in the first part of the episode because they didn't need to blast off the first time. They didn't do anything to the Pokemon yet and they were being attack by the gym leaders Pokemon. And for a joke of the episode, "Attack it weak point of massive damage!"

I just think this episode was a waist of time and they could have done something else insead like devolvping Misty charater or her Pokemon.

This episode get a 5.5 out 10
    Last edited by p96822; 12th January 2014 at 12:25 AM.

Interesting to see a battle under water but Satoshi and friends should wear diving gear in my opinion. Kasumi and Sunnygo were great in this episode. Another great moment went to Koduck as it used Psychic instead of confusion to send Rocket blast off.

It was great to see Psyduck slaying at the end. I really enjoyed this episode!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12