Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapras Of Luxury! (259)

Default Lapras Of Luxury! (259)

Lapras Of Luxury!

Taking a detour to pick up an egg for Prof. Elm, Ash & Co. meet up with Ash's old friend, Lapras. However Team Rocket are wanting to attack the school of Lapras. Can Ash & his old friend protect the school?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Should have gotten Lapras back, he would have been great against Ash's first opponent!
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

With all the pokemon let go on the show, at least it was great to see a pokemon from the past again. I just wish they hadn't made the obvious mistake of implying Brock met lapras before, but otherwise the episode was fine. I liked the ending, too, when Lapras got to take over the leadership role. I really love the Larvitar arc as well, so this episode makes me excited when I get to it.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22 NEW!! 8/24 both NEW!! 8/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

"Cold Beam!"
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I was going to say something derogatory about 4Kids, but on second thought, I think that does a good enough job on its own.
    ~

Didn't they have Brock say, "That's the Lapras we traveled with in the Orange Islands!" when Brock was even there and never even met Lapras?

Granted I suppose Ash or Misty could have told Brock about Lapras during Johto, but it's funny the way Brock made it sound that he was there.

Oh, and just watch Cold Beam become an actual move in the 4th generation.

Hey, it happened with Tickle. "Bulbasaur use the Tickle attack on Psyduck!"

COLD BEAM WHOAMG PWNZORZ.

Anyway, I liked this episode. Really makes me want to train a Lapras, it does.

Poor Laprases(or Lapri, I guess XD). Getting sucked into a whirlpool would ruin anyone's day, I'd surmise.

I like the idea of sound communication between the Lapri(I love that).

I lol at the fact that Lanturn got a voice change in a span of two episodes. Really, a bundle of them would've been understandable, but this......Actually, I guess it was smart. Two Lanturns shouldn't really have the same voice, just like humans.....Ignore the above complaint ._.

I also like the Supersonic radar idea.

Overall rating:
    8.5 out of 10
    Probably another of the best fillers ever. Lapras is one of the only Pokémon that Ash used to own that I liked. Seeing it again rocks. Plus, this begins the Larvitar arc, which is probably the best arc ever.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

lightspeed Guest

Firstly, I still remember ash calling Lapras to use cold beam, should be ice beam. Any way, it was really great that they featured a pokemon from the past episodes, it was one of the better episodes. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Poor Laprases(or Lapri, I guess XD). Getting sucked into a whirlpool would ruin anyone's day, I'd surmise.
    The plural of Pokemon is still Pokemon. The plural of any Pokemon's name is still just the name, no plural suffix. One Lapras, 6 Lapras.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Wish Ash could have gotten Lapras back, at least we get to see her

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This episode was excellent.I really ennoyed seeing Ashs Lapras again after so much time and he grown up in beautiful and strong Adult.This episode brings back so much memories when Ash and group travelled on Lapras during Orange Islands.

I would really like if Ash meets up with him again someday but sadly this isnt very likely.Than again who knows.Im also glad that Ashs Lapras was recognized from leader of the group as someone strong enough to lead the group.This episode is truly a gem.

Brock really is a tard....He never even met Lapras before.

It's great to actually see one of his past Pokemon again. Now lets do Pidgeot

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

episodes where ash is meeting an old friend again are often enjoyable to watch, i wonder how much this will happen in the future (still busy watching some episodes)

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

It was a cute episode, glad Ash meet up with his old pal Lapras again
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    With all the pokemon let go on the show, at least it was great to see a pokemon from the past again. I just wish they hadn't made the obvious mistake of implying Brock met lapras before, but otherwise the episode was fine. I liked the ending, too, when Lapras got to take over the leadership role. I really love the Larvitar arc as well, so this episode makes me excited when I get to it.
    agreed.

brock was not there...

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    agreed.

brock was not there...

Nice episode. I love Lapras.

I thought it was great that we were able to see Lapras again. I was surprised by how much that it grew during it's travels with its family. I may be wrong, but Brock says that was the Lapras that traveled with them during the Orange Islands. However, I didn't think that Brock ever actually met Lapras. I was surprised that Ash recieved another egg too. I thought it was neat that Lapras took over and became the leader of the group.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I loved to see Lapras, great.

and Ash got an egg in the end, what a surprise...

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I found this episode to be quite boring and unnecessary. Did Lapras have to return now of all times? I mean, Lapras was as cute as always, but why even show it again if it wasn't going to stay with Ash? I think the writers were just teasting us Lapras fans haha. Anyway, that Larvitar Egg is more trouble than it's worth. 3/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 4th November 2010 at 11:48 PM.

It was nice to see Lapras make a return to the series even if it was only for this one episode. Other than the bonding moments we got, this really wasn't the most exciting episode though I do like the Gyarados submarine we got here. It's always nice to see a little change in transportation for Team Rocket.

This episode was cool. It was great to see Ash's old Lapras again, and seeing how much it really had grown since. It was odd to hear Brock say that he remembers when they traveled with Lapras together when he wasn't even with them during the Orange Islands episodes. I'm surprised that they used/called "Cold Beam" as an attack...

50/100

I really liked this episode. I thought it was great to see Ash's old Lapras again.

It was awesome to see Ash's Lapras again! And great to see it become the leader of its group. I also liked Naomi's Lanturn, which is cute. 10/10, one of my favourite episodes from Master Quest, one of the best Pokemon seasons!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast