Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatch Me If You Can! (260)

Default Hatch Me If You Can! (260)

Hatch Me If You Can!

While taking the Egg back to Prof. Elm, it starts hatching and hatches into an ill Larvitar. When he finally gets to New Bark town, he decides to help Prof. Elm find out whats wrong with the Larvitar. Can he do so?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I really enjoy the Larvitar arc, and this episode was a pretty strong introduction to the little pokemon. I can really identify with Larvitar more than anyone else on the show, even somewhat more than Casey, and it was really a great character. I really liked how Ash bonded with it, and how the twerps were eventually able to make it come around. The dramatics were really good in this episode.

There were a couple of other things I really liked in this episode. I know this is one episode I can't wait for Pokemopolis to review, since they love making jokes about Ash and his background. The scene where Delia talks about how she used to scare Ash was funny. I also liked the part where Professor Oak and Professor Elm are debating at the kitchen table and waving their silverware around. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Lol dinner debate. Wish we got more of those.

And now I know where that blue faced Delia Avatar came from. Ya learn something knew every day, I suppose.

OK, nomination for Larvitar as Best Animé Character. Anyone agree? Y'all should, because Larvitar is easily the coolest character ever. I would think that the whole problem-child birth would be too much for 4Kids, considering a lot of people are affected by stuff like that.

Introducing Larvitar to the world was really cool, especially how it was just drinking it in little by little.

Jumpluff. Wow, when do we ever see those?

Poor Larvitar. Abusive past, and an abusive present. I can scarcely blame the little guy for not wanting to live.

Lar-vay-tar. Did anyone else have a problem with that? Personally, it annoyed me.

Hidden Power animation=yes. Hidden and Power, a good combo, IMO.

Overall rating:
    9.3 out of 10
    And thus we enter the most dramatic and in-depth arc in the history of Pokémon, starring the best character to ever grace the show with its presence, Larvitar. That's a yes, in my book.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Deoxys & Jirachi Guest

this episode was kinda sad when larvitar got sick but it soon got better when larvitar got healed so i liked this episode

Aww.Larvitar was sick, but at least he got better

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Larvitar is one of the cutest pokemons eva !!! Yes cuter than all those other Pokemon you would consider cute~!!

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Larvitar was so cute. It was a shame to see it so sick :/

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

everytime i see a larvitar it reminds me of a emo/gothic like thing, it must be the stripes beneath his eyes that does that, anyway good ep 8/10.

Larvitar was a cute shy Pokemon, i loved it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Watching back on this episode- the connection Ash had with Larvitar was pretty amazing. Hell, with a bit of tweaking, the writers could easily tie in his connection with Larvitar with the whole aura thing(though the aura thing seems to have been dropped). Awesome for continuity reasons, Y/N?
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

Ash's mother is really funny :P.
    Larvitars hidden power is great!

I was glad that the egg hatched into a Larvitar. However, it was kind of sad to see Larvitar sad and depressed right afterwards. I appreciated everything Ash and Nurse Joy did to try and help Larvitar. I was surprised that Professor Oak and Delia Ketchum showed up. However, I am happy that Larvitar finally recovered from whatever it was it was going through. I am also happy to see that Larvitar decided to travel with Ash to Mt. Silver.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Larvitar was very shy, and it was very scared.

And i loved to see Oak again.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was focused on Larvitar's fear from people. Ash was probably chosen to be the one who'll save the Larvitar baby, and it worked fine. Until it met Misty and Brock...

And so begins one of the arcs I dislike the most in the entire anim&#233;. Larvitar's arc is really one of the most annoying for me but it is a feel good story I guess.

Anyway, about the episode, it was a good episode. Ash thinking that it was a legendary Pok&#233;mon was pretty funny. I also liked how the Jumpluff also tried to interfere with Team Rocket's plan to steal Pikachu and Larvitar. And another appearance by Elm which is always a treat for me.

Well this was certainly an exciting episode, which is super rare for Johto episodes to be honest. We finally got to see Ash's second egg in the Johto region, hatch into a Larvitar; a Pokemon we hadn't seen in the anime before. I thought Larvitar was a real cutie, but the fact that it wasn't officially Ash's Pokemon made me a bit sad. We got to see Oak and Elm together for the first time which was a sight to see; I love those old guys haha. Ash and friends managed to show Larvitar a good time and Ash even promised to return Larvitar to Mt. Silver before the Silver Conference began; which he registered for in this episode too. This was really a touching episode and I really like Larvitar so this gets a 8/10 for being extra-fabulous.

I don't understand why Larvitar wasn't Ash's? He hatched and took care of it.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was good. It was cool seeing Larvitar for the 1st time. Its Harden was very cool to see. This was 1 of the most recent episodes I have seen. The dinner scene was hilarious. It was sad seeing Larvitar so ill throughout this episode. It was cool seeing a Jumpluff for the 1st time. Larvitar is so cute!
    Last edited by G50; 23rd February 2011 at 2:13 PM.

yeah i wish ash would keep at least halfe of the good pokemon he finds
    the ninja is only as strong as the weapons he carries

This episode was good and cool. It was really cool to see Larvitar for the first time, It is very cute. I wish Ash would have caught it though.

Oh the thoughts that must have run through Elm's head when he asked why Oak brought Ash's mom.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Yeah! Larvitar was hatched in this episode. I always liked this Pokémon and certainly after you discover what it went through when it was an egg, it gave me even more empathy for the little buddy. The bond Ash had with Larvitar was great too.

A very good episode introducing Larvitar. However, it was quite sad to see it depressed after it hatched and recovered. Its so fond of Ash but it made me kinda sad how it was afraid of Misty, she's the sweetest person ever. The dinner debate was a little ridic, poor Delia.

It was a good episode. The highlight of the episode for me was when Delia said that she used to scare Ash when he was younger. She does seem like a really fun mom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast