Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Crowning Achievement! (262)

Two things that were cool to see for the first time in this episode.

1.) Slowking, I have to say
    2.) Brock's eyes!

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

I screamed and woke up my neighbors when Brock opened his eyes while trying to make Larvitar laugh here. It was nightmare fuel. Anyway, I didn't care much for seeing a ton of Slowpoke hanging around water; Slowpoke's evolution into Slowking would've been handled better at the Slowpoke Well imo. I laughed when TR got bitten by Shellder though.

Two words: Brock's eyes

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

My Nintendo Switch is SW-6036-6032-0737. If you're interested in playing Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with me, let me know!

Brock opening his eyes when he wanted to make Larvitar laugh was both scary and funny hee hee. And I felt kind of bad for Slowpoke when the wild Shellders started jumping toward him in a frenzy. ^^;

Lol @ the Shellder going after Slowpoke. But man, the Slowking here wasn't as cool as the 2nd movie Slowking was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    But man, the Slowking here wasn't as cool as the 2nd movie Slowking was.
    I can see why ha ha. This one didn't speak, which I was disappointed with myself cuz I thought all Slowking were smart enough for communication. ^^

Arthur the Slowpoke was kawaii and for a second I thought he was going to miss getting the King's Rock, but things worked out.

I was concerned that Ash didn't seem to know what a King's Rock was, especially since Poliwhirl stole used his to evolve into Politoed. I was glad that Arthur evolved into Slowking, but I thought he'd sound the same as the Slowking from the 2nd movie...

I couldn't help but like how Takeshi tried making funny faces to amuse Yogiras, but the fact that this was the third Jouto episode to focus on Yadon felt really vexing. I understand that we got Yadoking's debut here, but Yadon and Alice were pretty unremarkable. Shellder clamping onto the Rocket-dan's butts was funny at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    but Yadon and Alice were pretty unremarkable.
    Eh, the same thing applies to every Johto era CotD, though. At least this Alice chick wasn't as boring as the Buddhist chick from the previous Slowpoke filler lol.

Looking back, I was mildly letdown regarding how Alice's Yadon evolved. I was hoping that we'd see an actual trade evolution like in the games, yet we simply saw Yadon evolve into Yadoking by making physical contact with the King's Rock, much like Kasumi's Nyorozo before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12