Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's Lookin' At You Elekid! (263)

Default Here's Lookin' At You Elekid! (263)

Here's Lookin' At You Elekid!

Meeting up with Casey, Ash & Co. decide to help her find an Elekid. However Elekid and Larvitar get taken by Team Rocket and break free. Can Ash & Co. find them before Team Rocket do?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

Isn't this the first episode when the picture got better?

This was a cool episode, it was so good to see Casey again. That Elekid was so cool aswell. I remember watching this in the summer holidays last year along with 3 other brand new episodes.

Yes, this is when they started using computers to aid them with the development of episodes. It looks better and work was done better.

This is one of those filler episodes that made me laugh my *** off and made my respect for the Ele line rise even more. Elekid is just so cool. @_@
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

This episode still makes me sad because it was so upsetting to see Victreebell go, and I really feel for James when he cries over losing Victreebell. The flashbacks are great too. I did like the second Weepinbell/Victreebell, but nothing compares to the James-eating plant I'd come to love.

Melissa Guest

I was surprised TR didn't just try to steal the weepinbel from the magikarp person like they do to everyone else. We were shown that Jessie somewhat cared about Wobbuffet because she didn't want to trade it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Yes, this is when they started using computers to aid them with the development of episodes. It looks better and work was done better.

This is one of those filler episodes that made me laugh my *** off and made my respect for the Ele line rise even more. Elekid is just so cool. @_@
    Filler? I don't see how an episode that has an important (Well, more important than the One-Shots at least. :P) Minor Character returning with an evolved Pokemon catching another Pokemon, and a villian losing and gaining and then losing a Pokemon could be a filler. :/

But... >_>

This episode p*ssed me off royaly. I'm sorry, but this was a cheap way of booting Victreebel out, and to be honest... Jessie was a f*cking ***** in this episode. I've forgiven her for her nastyness before, but jesus. That is NO way to treat your best friend. James was so upset. Really sweet how he cared so much for his Victreebel, and then was inspired to love his new Weepinbell too.

And... wtf. No goodbye scene either. What a gip. -_-

Casey was cool though. >_> I used to hate her, but... meh, she's gone up in my like books.

Still. Poor James. ;o;

Yeah, gotta feel sorry for poor Kojirou. :/ Forced to trade away his beloved Utsubotto for a plan that failed miserably, and then watching his new Utsubotto get blown away too. Though it is funny as hell when he releases the newly aquired Utsudon and immediately screams and holds his hands up for protection. XD

Overall I thought it was a good episode. Ones that focus on character development always are, especially when the character is Kojirou. :P Throw in Nanako, one of my favorite recurring characters, and you've got a winner in my books.
    Last edited by Heracross; 14th August 2005 at 5:13 AM.
    ~

Kazaana Guest

I liked this episode a lot. =)

First of all, it had Meganium in it, and that's my favorite pokemon. Casey is also a pretty cool character, so it was fun seeing her again.

And I felt sorry for poor James as well. =( He always gets pushed around by the other two. They just decided to trade his Victreebel away without him even agreeing to do it in the first place. =/ Then he ended up losing his new one as well. Poor, poor James...

Charmander 4 Guest

In my opinion this episode marks the start of when the series gets good again. I think the new animation has something to do with it too, (I Love it), but it was sad to see Victreebell go. Poor James.

I noticed Jessie's hair was purple here. Guess that was a signal of the computer animation.

Anyway, I've been wanting to see this episode for a long time, and now I have. Good things come to those who wait =D

lol VenusFlyTrapShipping. I never really figured out which was male and which was female ._.

I think my liking for Elekid increased tenfold <3. And I'm loving Larvitar more with every episode.

Rofl at James flinching from an expected Victreebel attack.

This episode really made me appreciate James more as a character. He's easily the most affectionate of TR, and perhaps moreso than some of the main characters o_o.

I'm not all that fond of Casey, but worse characters could've appeared. Always nice to see Meganium, and seeing Casey catch her favorite Pokémon's pre-evo was somewhat satisfying to watch.

If there were ever a time for Bayleef to evolve, it would've been here, one would think. Meh, Bayleef's still cool as is.

Overall rating:
    9.2 out of 10
    Definitely one of the better Johto episodes. A new spin on animating doesn't hurt, either.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

lightspeed Guest

This was a rather good episode. It was nice to see Casey again and I like her Meganium, I also like the Elekid. It was sad to see Jessie and Meowth force James to trade his Victreebel, poor James.

Aww, I hated the part when James had to let Victreebel go, I felt so sorry for him, now no more "Go Victreebel, AHHHH!!!"

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I feel really sorry James for being forced to release Victreebel

that when it happened now i remember, thats when they started working on the picture quality, worked too. but the thing that stood up in this episode is that ashes pokedex says elekid is the EVOLVED form of electabuzz which suprised me that they could get it so wrong. poor poor james. i really liked the biting of the head thing. it got old but it was needed lol. we all came to accept it that if james chose victorybell it would bite his head off lol.
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

I hate how Casey rubbed it in that Bayleef wasn't a Meganium. But other that I enjoyed Elekid and Larvitar.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This was a really nice episode.We get to see Casey again now with fully evolved Meganium and departure of James Victreebel which was sad.I admit i wouldnt mind if Ashs Bayleef someday evolves aswell.

Anyway it was really sad to see James Victreebels departure after everything which they passed through together and he was literally crushed.I still cant believe that Jessie was acting like a jerk when James was so upset not giving him support.He is her best friend and he really didnt deserved his.

As for Casey im glad that she managed to catch Elekid and it was cool to see Maganium in action.

That Elekid was so sweet to Larvitar. I'm glad Casey and her new Meganium caught it ^_^

Aww, bye bye, Victreebel! I loved that monster, I was sad to see it go. I hope those two are happy together!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

CASEY IS TOTALLY AWESEOM!!!

OK too overexaggerated but it was funny how she was comparing Meganium and Bayleef.

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Cool the first episode where they started looking great. I quite like the new animation. Good episode too.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

everytime i see larvitar it reminds me a bit of an emo because of his looks, that black stripe like thing under his eyes make it look like dark eyeshade and that combined with how his eyes look:P

heh, anyway it was a good episode if you ask me.

Larvitar is an awesome pokemon, cute that Elekid and Larvitar where friends
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I was surprised that we were able to see Casey again. I was also surprised that she had a Meganium. When Casey was mocking Ash's Bayleef about not being as good as Meganium, I thought that they would have battled. I thought the friendship that emerged between Elekid and Larvitar was sweet, especially because of how shy Larvitar is. I thought it was funny to see the Magikarp salesman again. The Weepinbell that James got in the trade was quite strong. However, I was sad to see Victreebel leave. I shocked me when Weepinbell evolved without the use of a Leaf Stone. I'm gglad that both Victreebels ended up happy in the end. Although, I did find it a bit odd that they happened to see each other and fall in love. I am happy that Casey captured Elekid, and it sweet that Larvitar was worried about it afterwards.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Cool! That where new animations starts here!
    So james will miss Victreebell at the start of the new animations. And Victreebell sounds like a girl screaming for horrer! o_o

Casey was stronger then the last time, i think.

and her pokemon were stronger too, of course.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    This episode p*ssed me off royaly. I'm sorry, but this was a cheap way of booting Victreebel out, and to be honest... Jessie was a f*cking ***** in this episode. I've forgiven her for her nastyness before, but jesus. That is NO way to treat your best friend. James was so upset. Really sweet how he cared so much for his Victreebel, and then was inspired to love his new Weepinbell too.
    Yeah. Although this was quite a good episode, I did find Victreebel's exit was very poor and Jessie was pure evil in this episode. First she forced James to trade Victreebel and then she gets rid of the second one too. James loved his Victreebel just as much as Ash loves Pikachu, probably more than Weezing and was heartbroken to see him/her go and then Jessie gets rid of the second one too. Jessie was truly out of order here, James deserves much better than her. Meowth isn't much better either.
    Last edited by CliveKoopa; 3rd February 2010 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast