Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's Lookin' At You Elekid! (263)

I thought it was great to see Elekid, finally. Though this one seemed to be more arrogant than the one in the Pikachu short. I also LOVED that this was the first episode colored digitally.

I thought that James and his little story in this episode was a nice touch, anything to get away from Casey. James trading away his Victreebel was odd, and even worse, the fact that he got a Weepinbell which evolved into a Victreebel again :/

At least he released it so it could be happy. Casey didn't seem too strong, but the fact that she caught Elekid surprised me. Good for her. 9/10

Anyone else think Victreebel are like that old story saying a maneating plant attacks the first thing it sees? I mean, the first thing James' new Victreebel did after evolving was look at Jessie and then it attacked her.
    I also think Weepinbell evolving is sort of like what happened to the Gloom that were evolving into Vileplume and Bellosom; there were probably particles of Leaf Stone in the soil that triggered the evolution. Anyone think that's possible?
    James sort of seems to have a thing for keeping Grass-types that are potential maneaters.

You got to feel sorry for James, he lost both Victreebel in the same day, you think being a bad guy James would have chased that guy and gotten it back or stolen Weepinbell anyway.

Funny they both try to eat everyone, and then get kicked away before meeting up with each other and falling in love.
    Nice to see Casey again too,.

Victreebel's scream you definitely wouldn't want to be walking through the forest and hearing that let alone two of them, especially if it was at night.
    Last edited by Willow's Tara; 26th April 2010 at 8:31 AM.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing an Elekid for the 1st time. It was great to see Casey again. It was cool to see a Meganium in this episode. That Sweet Scent attack used by Weepinbell was really cool in the Anime. I'm glad Casey was able to catch the Elekid. It was sad to see James having to let Victreebell.

32/100

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    Yeah. Although this was quite a good episode, I did find Victreebel's exit was very poor and Jessie was pure evil in this episode. First she forced James to trade Victreebel and then she gets rid of the second one too. James loved his Victreebel just as much as Ash loves Pikachu, probably more than Weezing and was heartbroken to see him/her go and then Jessie gets rid of the second one too. Jessie was truly out of order here, James deserves much better than her. Meowth isn't much better either.
    This is so true! It was horrible to see Victreebell go... And horrible how Jessie and Meowth seem to have the right (at least, they think they have) to force James to release his beloved Pokemon.

Nice to see Casey again, and the Magikarp Salesman as well. I like Meganium, but Bayleef even more. It would be horrible if Ash's Bayleef would evolve! But good, that's just my opinion.

A mixed bag to me. Aside from James being forced to release Victreebell, awesome episode which I'd rate 10/10, but James having to give up Victreebell is such a horrible thing that I'll rate this episode 6/10.

In a weird way, the two Victreebel falling in love is like a Rocketshipping moment once removed...one loved Jessie, the other loved James, together they = love.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I missed good old Magikarp salesman and yet some more of his awesome scams. It was also really cool to see Casey again and her evolved Meganium. Then, I also loved Larvitar and Elekid together. And then of course, finally Victreebel is going, along with its annoying running gag of "GO Victreebel! AWW not me, but them, Victreebel!" All by all, this episode was hilarious and I like the changes they did with the animation here.

A good episode to start the new animation. It was nice seeing Casey again with a Meganium, though I prefer Bayleef over that. I got a laugh at Meowth's boss fantasy which is surprising because I don't really find them all that funny to be honest. I liked Elekid's personality and how it quicly became Larvitars friend. I was happy for Casey that she caught it too.

Yes! We finally have better quality. But, it sucks that Victreebel had to go. It's my favorite Pokemon on Team Rocket's roster. Well, you will be missed Victreebel. It's a shame how Jessie and Meowth just forced James to trade it away.

I am surprised that Koiking salesman also got Utsudon and traded with Kojiro's Utsubot. The way for it to evolve is unusual although the anime does not have to follow the games. Other than that this episode was not too interesting in my opinion.

I quite liked the episode and it was nice to see the salesman, I feel so sad for poor James but at least the Victreebel got a happy ending!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12