Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're A Star, Larvitar! (264)

Default You're A Star, Larvitar! (264)

You're A Star Larvitar!

Getting closer to the Silver Conference, Ash decides to start training his Pokémon. However Team Rocket start their stealing and seperate Ash from Larvitar. Can Ash find Larvitar in time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This episode isn't all that memorable for me, but I did like that we got another chance to see a pre-evolved pokemon evolve, and it was interesting when everyone took an interest in Larvitar when it wandered by them.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

lightspeed Guest

This episode is not bad, it showed how useful larvitar can be, overall a good episode. 8/10.

Not that good, but not that bad either, yeah, but we got to see a lot with Larvitar

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I liked this episode and hated it. Larvitar was awesome in this episode. But Cyndaquil didn't evolve (I hate how that turns out) though Ash wanted Cyndaquil to evolve (at first).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

This episode was not bad at all.We get to see Larvitar in action and he was truly a star of this episode.Also it was nice to see Magmars preevolution Magby evolving in this episode.

As for the battle it was entertaining to watch battle against Magby and Cyndaquil.Too bad that Cyndaquil lost but he put up a really good fight.Overall this was a good episode.

Larvitar was freakin' adorable in this episode, not to mention useful. It was good to see it as something other than a plot device.

Oh yes, Larvitar was awesome ^_^ Biting the tire off a truck... awesome!

Cyndaquil lost a battle, boo... I hope it would evolve in time for the Silver Conference...
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Not that good. But it was cool to see Larvitar as part of the main plot for once. Nice episode. Ash should have evolved Cyndaquil into a Quilava D:

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

it was a decent episode, finaly one where larvitar is in the spotlight.

It was a good episode, Larvitar had a show on his own whats good
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought it was good to see Larvitar risk itself to save Ash. I thought it did a magnificent job too. Biting the tire of the truck was a great way to stop Team Rocket. I thought the battle between Ash and Satchel was good. Too bad Cyndaquil lost. I was glad that Satchel's Magby evolved into a Magmar though.

If I remember correctly, the Pokemon Center from this episode is very familiar. I believe it is the same Pokemon Center from "The Legend of Thunder." The Chronicles episodes about Jimmy and Marina.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Did ash know thare was a Furret in this episode? I cant remember did ash seen that Furret. Nice episode anyway. Magby and Larvitar are awsome!

I loved to see Larvitar's courage, how it saved the pokemon.
    And Magbi/Magmar was cool, i think it was very powerfull.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Well this episode was a pleasant surprise for several reasons. We actually got to see Ash train in preparation for the Silver Conference! I know, I was shocked to see Ash actually train as well. A short appearance by Professor Elm via the videophone was also something I wasn't expecting so that's cool. Ash's battle against Magby on the other hand, was pretty bland. I think Cyndaquil received the spotlight for too long and that Ash should've used Totodile instead since it was largely ignored in Johto. This episode seemed to be, as the title points out, more about Larvitar and it's personality being expanded upon which was good to see I guess. Though that was ruined as Magby evolved into Magmar at the end of the episode, which stole the attention from Larvitar. Too bad. A decent episode to mark the start of Ash's journey to the Johto League. I give it a 6/10 since it showed us some stuff that we would rarely get before this point.

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing a Magby again, and seeing it evolve into Magmar for its trainer who was hoping for that. Magby vs Cyndaquil was a very cool battle, even though Cyndaquil lost. It was cool to see Larvitar trying to protect Ash and then biting a tire of the truck.

24/100

Quote Originally Posted by G50
    This episode was ok... It was cool seeing a Magby again, and seeing it evolve into Magmar for its trainer who was hoping for that. Magby vs Cyndaquil was a very cool battle, even though Cyndaquil lost. It was cool to see Larvitar trying to protect Ash and then biting a tire of the truck.

24/100
    I don't get your grading...
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I don't think it's a coincidence that suddenly shoehorned into these last few episodes of Johto are Meganium, Quilava, and Croconaw. I think the writers had intended to evolve all of Ash's Pokemon another stage, but for some bizarre reason gave up by the league. Ah, well. Not a bad episode.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    I don't think it's a coincidence that suddenly shoehorned into these last few episodes of Johto are Meganium, Quilava, and Croconaw. I think the writers had intended to evolve all of Ash's Pokemon another stage, but for some bizarre reason gave up by the league. Ah, well. Not a bad episode.
    I don't think the writers ever intended to evolve Bayleef,Cyndaquil, and Totodile to another stage,the writers already plan how Ash's team was going to be like. I do find it odd how Meganium,Quilava and Croconaw made their debuts in the final OS episodes of the Johto series. It is a coincidence that Cyndaquil did evolve in the Sinnoh league but i think they did that for the promotion of the HeartGold & SoulSilver games.

This episode was really good.
    Last edited by sereb devil; 24th May 2012 at 7:08 AM.

I love Magby, so it was cool to see him in this episode
    Not a bad episode, unlike a lot of Johto saga episodes...
    8/10
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

Both the this and the next two episodes were primarily focuses on Larvitar - which I think they did that nicely as an last arc before the whole Silver Conference started. The battle between Magby and Cyndaquil was really nice done and gave fire-type Pokémon some more spotlight. While perhaps largely unrelated to the synopsis of this episode, I recently found out that this Pokémon center was the same one during " The Legend of Thunder!" with Jimmy and Marina.

A decent episode, I liked the battle between Ash and Satchel. Too bad Cyndaquil lost. Nice to see Larvitar saved the day, hence the title. I didn't like Satchel's voice though, because it was Ritchie's.

I like the part when James says "Weezing, do anything!" The way he says it just sounds funny, one of the best lines in the dub.
    PBR FC: 1677-2845-1873
    WHITE FC: 1162-9523-2296

I am ready to battle (GMT & BST) as and when required, please send me a mesage with your FC so we can arrange a battle.

Rules: Auto Lv.50 (for now), any number of Pokemon and any battle type.

That Magby was really strong. But, Larvitar was good in this episode. It wanted to be with Ash, so it followed him. So cute. :3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast