Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Address Unown! (265)

Default Address Unown! (265)

Address Unown!

After getting thwacked into the face by an Unown, Misty develops a bond with the ailing Pokémon and in hiding from Team Rocket's attack, the Unown sends them into Larvitar's mind. Will they be able to get out?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was a good episode. I like how they went into Larvitar's mind and how Pikachu and Togepi were huge.

meggirl63 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Togechikku
    This was a good episode. I like how they went into Larvitar's mind and how Pikachu and Togepi were huge.
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I'd say that episode was good as well. I also liked the part where Pikachu and Togepi were HUGE! Hey, I used to imagine that I was part of the story where I would tag along with Ash and co. During the time in Larvitar's mind, I would fly like a fairy. Of course, I would change back to normal a lil while later. If you think that's crazy, hey I like to use my imagaination and improvise every once in a while. OK?

I didn't really understand this episode at times. A touch of the Paranormal here I think, something you'd see in the X-files perhaps lol.

The episode was ok, nothing too hot, the rescue of Larvitar could have been written better, it was hardly dramatic. Still the cold resemblance I got in this episode typified the surroundings of an Unown, so in that sense it suited it well.

Even though it was hard to understand, I liked the way they linked up the mystical powers of Unown to Larvitar's mind, interesting.
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 20th December 2004 at 10:09 PM.

Blaziken's Emberz Guest

It shows a lot in this episode. Address Unown teaches a lot of people who don't understand the Unown a lot. They are able to connect to a Pokémon's subconscious, and show it as if it were reality. It can even make anything imaginary a reality.

Unown are unknown Pokémon, especially with their unknown power.

Indigo Guest

This episode played today...

I'm sorry, but this episode will have to take the award of "Weirdest Pokémon Episode of All Time". Not even "The Tower of Terror" can compare to this.

Okay. Pokémon mind travel. Egg things. Huge Pokémon. A trip into a Slowking's mouth. Ash saying something that would be more suitable for a drama queen(king). Traveling through a thorn. Brock able to understand all the craziness going on. Actually being able to punch through a wall of ice. Too much craziness!!!!

In all honesty, I don't think they should put this kind of thing in Pokémon. If Pokémon has a character, then this episode was way too OOC.

They played a strange remix of Jirarudan's theme during the part where Larvitar is in the cocoon. It was the choir from the beginning of the piece mixed with the odd drumbeat from later.

...and should I be ashamed that I only noticed that in reruns?

Even though this episode is incredibly weird, it still makes the list of my favorite episodes because it pulls no punches in the dramatic department, and it's such an important turning point for Larvitar. It reveals so much about his character, and it's a big relief when Larvitar finally loosens up at the end. It's also interesting that one of the major reasons they went into the alternate reality is because of Team Rocket (unown was shielding Larvitar from Wobbuffet's counter).

QUOTE:
    It shows a lot in this episode. Address Unown teaches a lot of people who don't understand the Unown a lot. They are able to connect to a Pokémon's subconscious, and show it as if it were reality. It can even make anything imaginary a reality.

Not just pokemon. Remember the 3rd movie?

lightspeed Guest

I don't like this episode, this episode is like an extra, not very useful, not very nice and very weird.

This episode was very dramatic

This episode was one of the most interesting ones ever. Looking into Larvitar's past was cool, and the Unown was cute, kind of

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

this episode is definatly one of my favorites just because of its weirdness. I love these kind of episodes. I love the part where Ash tries to free Lavaritar from the ice cocoon. I wish they would have some more of kind of episodes once in a while because they dont seem to do that anymore
    future soulsilver team

\

The funniest part here is since during the time when Misty got hit by a sick Unown. And of course, when Ash and co. saw some Elekid hats and heard of Casey's Electabuzz fight song inside Larvitar's mind. I didn't know Larvitar learned Hidden Power yet, but it was cool except that the sick Unown teleported Ash and co. to Larvitar's mind that time.

it was a fun thing to see larvitars past they shoud do this with more different poke's.

any episode that uses Jirarudan's theme is awesome, in my opinion.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2aj2loi.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/293u7fs.jpg[/IMG]

Where are they using Jirarudan's theme?

Good episode. The relationship with Unown and Misty was cute. It was kinda freaky at the same time.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode,good to know about Larvitars past
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought this episode was rather weird, but important nonetheless. I was confused pretty much through the entire thing. I did however, think it was neat how Unown used its powers to merge with Larvitar to create the dimension within its mind. I thought the giant Pikachu and Togepi were unneccessary. It was sad to see what Larvitar went through when it got stolen by those three thieves. It was also sad to see Larvitar's mother, Tyranitar, get injured so badly. It was sweet that Ash, Misty, and Brock tried as hard as they could to help free Larvitar from the crystal-like cocoon it was in. I was lad that Larvitar finally was unafraid of Misty and Brock, and most likely all other humans. I also liked when Unown was reunited with its family and friends back in its own dimension.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

The episode was creepy and amazing! Graet 3D graphics of the bunch of Unowns! Its all make sence in Larvitar mind!

Haven't seen this episode in years, but remember seeing it for the first time ages ago and when reruns of it used to be on frequently. It's interesting that on the face of things, the episode just looks like a rehash of Pokemon 3 - again showcasing Unown's supernatural abilities. However, the way that they intertwined it with the Larvitar arc and gave the viewers (and Ash and co) their first insight into Larvitar's troubled pre-birth existence was absolutely awesome.

I also recall how the gang witnessed Larvitar's memories of the Pokemon that it had seen in the past couple of episodes such as Slowking and Elekid. A great touch, and along with the appearance of the poachers that separated Larvitar's egg from its mother, this episode gives great character depth to the Pokemon. For me, it is probably one of the most interesting Pokemon to have been on the show, development wise.

Cool

I think this was the episode where larvitar gets to open up to everyone

The movie was a bit weord but it gave us all more info on larvitar's life as an egg
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

With Unown in the movie, I hadn't even expected it to debut in the anime so this episode was a shock to me. Creepy how Unown warped the dimension around it and how things got weird. The good thing is that we learned more about the stuff Larvitar went through as an egg. It seemed like a lot for it to handled but we learned a lot. For an odd debut, this gets a 5/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 11:19 PM.

Great episode.
    this ep was like a movie, especially his songs, i loved tham.
    And Unown was cool.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast