Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother Of All Battles! (266)

Default Mother Of All Battles! (266)

Mother Of All Battles!

Finally at the Mt. Silver Pokémon Reserve, Ash & Co. find Larvitar's mother, however it is pretty angry as poachers are constantly attacking. Will Ash & Co. be able to protect the Tyranitar and Larvitar from these evil poachers?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Wow this episode was brilliant, especially the Poaching brothers - so true!

It was good to see Larvitar united with it's mother in the end. I was suprised the gang weren't injured after that close range hyper beam from the Tyranitar in the beginning. Brock and his love affair with Ranger Mason was one of the better ones, her facial expression said it all really. Hella funny when he attempted to act like Superman and save the Crocanaut but he ended up looking like a prat when it missed and subsequently flattened him.

Some funny quotes from this episode, I liked it when dumb boy Blurt said "Yeah and I'm the strong silent type! Except I talk alot and break things from time to time" lol.

"Whoever smelt it dealt it" was another one from Ash, I think they were all trying to impersonate the Poaching brothers at that time, I mean who wouldn't, their rhymes rule!

Seriously, I want those guys back in Hoenn sometime shortly.

Hmm... did Tyranitar desrve this? What a crummy anime debut for my favourite Johto pokemon!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

This was a pretty great episode, and I'm glad things ended happily for Larvitar. I felt happy for tyranitar when she finally got her child back. The poachers were certainly interesting characters, but I'm glad they were put out of business. It was funny when Team Rocket were signing up to be their apprentices, then once they get blasted off the poachers show up in their balloon.

Overall, great episode, and I hope we do see Larvitar again. It really was a great short-term character.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I didn't like the poachers being too sadistic.

Aww.the ending for this episode where Larvitar was reunited was sweet, I hated the poachers -_-

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I always liked this episode. The poachers were a lot of fun, Brago's (was that his name?) dub voice always reminded me of Zapp Branigran from Futurama. I always wondered though: what are the various sayings the characters spout in the Japanese version (such as Ash's "whoever smelt it delt it" and Jessie's "brave asparagus" line)?
    "the Rocket-Dan's past is hard enough to straighten out without the dub coming in and making it worse." ~Dogasu's Pokemon Comparisons

Proud supporter of Aipom (Started by De HotShot Mon) and Unown (Started by Da Master of Unowns!), I would have copied the whole text for both but I wasn't allowed that many lines in my sig.

I loved the part when Larvitar shouted "LLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the poachers and to pacify its mother, the wounded Tyranitar. In fact, Larvitar shouted since the Entei episode.
    Last edited by bhrettzerda053; 15th April 2008 at 7:18 AM.

Just watched the episode. I gotta say, it was really pretty...why can't every episode look this good?

it was a fine episode and i hope the netr one on my list weill be as good as well, i do noticed that larvitar looks a bit gotic.

Well not one of the best but it was still a good episode.I liked that Larvitar get finally reunited with his mother and i didnt like how poachers threated Tyranitar.No wonder why it was so angry,they stoled egg from her while hurting her being really cruel.

Im glad that they get what they deserve at the end when Larvitar used hidden power and Tyranitar hyper beam.Poor Team Rocket they always get the short end of the stick.

I loved this episode! Larvitar's mommy is so awesome. It was so great to see her attack >D The reunion with her baby was adorable! I'm glad Larvitar is back with his mother again ^_^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

D= NOO!!! Larvitar was the most adorable Pokemon ever!!! The way he's so cute and clueless and when it screeches ... I'm gonna miss Larvitar ><

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Great episode. Larvitar see it's mother again which is really "aww" wrenching Brilliant.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

It was an great episode, glad that Larvitar is back to his mother
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It's been almost a year ever since I first saw this episode. It was a cool episode. And of course, I find Ranger Mason to be well designed and animated.

Oh, about one of the poachers, I find his line "From here to eternity" to be excellent.

I thought this was a good episode. I was glad that Ash, Misty, and Brock found Larvitar's mother very soon. It was too bad that Tyranitar didn't trust them. I can understand why Tyranitar kept attacking them, since it was probably scared of humans just like Larvitar. I thought the Poaching Brothers were a nice twist, and it surprised me when Team Rocket wanted to team up with them. I was glad that Tyranitar was able to get free though. It is sad that Larvitar has to leave, but its nice that it is with its mother.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I like the way the poacher's leader talks and rhymes. :P
    Funny when Ash try not to rhyme. XD
    Graet episode! Larvitar is back to his mother. Tyranitar is cool!

I thought this was a great episode. And I did learn one thing: only the leader of the Poacher Brothers can rhyme.

Man, if I were Tyranitar I would've vaporized those poachers when I got the chance! Those guys were pure evil, sadists, even. I wonder what those yellow net-things were made of, though.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Tyranitar was very strong.
    Larvitar was poor when the even guys have tried to capture it and his mother.
    But Ash saved them. it was great.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Good episode, it was nice to see Larvitar and Tyranitar reunited.
    Pity they didn't do any flashbacks as it was leaving, Larvitar did have quite a few episodes too.

Those poachers did have lame phrases. It was funny when Brock, Manson and Ash did phrases after them (Kind of like when Ash/Misty/Brock dressed up as TR. Pity they didn't do that with Dawn/May)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

So this is it; the end of the journey with Larvitar. I was a bit sad to see it leave the main cast but it got an amazing farewell episode in the end. Ash and friends finally reached Mt. Silver and they located Larvitar's mother! That would have been it but she apparently didn't trust humans and started attacking Ash and Co. I was shocked to see that Larvitar was afraid of it's own mother though. Just as Tyranitar and Larvitar were bonding, those old poachers returned and captured Tyranitar which was unexpected, considering her strength; I thought she could've just broken out of that net thing. I was glad to see things work out with the poachers being defeated by Ash and friends and Tyranitar and Larvitar being reunited at last. I thought this episode was really sad though. 8/10.

This episode was good. It was cool seeing Tyranitar for the 1st time, being Larvitar's mother. The Tyranitar is really strong. It was funny when Croconaw flattened Brock when he tried to save it. It was great to see Larvitar and its Mother reunited again at the end, sad to see Larvitar leave the gang.

50/100

It was good to see Larvitar reunited with his mother, even though leaving Ash was sad.. The poachers were so mean and cruel, I hate them so much... 8/10 for a good episode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast