Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love, Pokémon Style! (269)

Default Love, Pokémon Style! (269)

Love, Pokémon Style!

In the Group Battles, Ash is against a girl called Macey who has a crush on him. She battles with fire Pokémon. Will Ash be able to beat her with his Water Pokémon including his old buddy Squirtle?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mistystar89 Guest

I thought this was a cool episode. It was so funny when Misty and Macey were arguing with each other and thank god Ash won! I don't know what Misty would do if that happened...XD 9.0/10

This eppy is so cute. Macey wasn't that bad though. She was an excellent fire trainer. Even though it was cute seeing Ash and Macey together at the time. It was actually good seeing those girls argue but Macey made it very short by leaving for the match.

I have to admit, Macy was one of the more interesting love interests for Ash. I like the goo-goo eyes she gets when Ash saves her. I don't think they have a prayer, but Macy was an interesting character.

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Just goes to show you in this episode Ash is just not interested in love. Even when Macy and Misty are arguing over him he just walks away. Either that or he's just smart to stay out of 2 girls arguing.

This episode showed why Squirtle is HARD.
    Beating an electric type, then going on to beat Quilava SINGLE-HANDEDLY just shows who is the mon.
    I claimed Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud in the Celebrity 3.0 thread, Keitaro and Motoko from Love Hina in the Couple 3.0 thread and Kaolla Su from Love Hina in the Bishie 2.0 thread!

Current ASB ranking: Lv3 Trainer, B Grade Ref
    Win: 7, Draw: 0, Loss: 6
    KOs: 30 TPs: 113 SP: 15.5

Many thanks to Jukain for this legendary trainer card!

Once again, an awesome episode with great battles.

Are they ever gonna make Ash enter puberty and fall in love with someone? Nah, the writers just milk out the Pokemon battles, they wouldn't care if Ash was a...(ahem)

Anyways, great battle. Even though Macey had an Electabuzz to counter water Pokemon and defeated Phanpy to take away Ash's only advantage, Squirtle was able to take it down, and then even on its back, Squirtle blasted away with Hydro Pump for the win. Of course, May's Squirtle is far better because it has Ice Beam. (shot for bringing May into a Johto episode discussion)
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

this episode did just go here in norway but we just have a little vacation from
    the hoenn region this summer

Interesting note: the VA who played Macey (Kerry Williams) also played Kasey (name coincidence?), who always wanted an Electabuzz, which Macey has. Pretty weird casting choice, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainer7783
    Just goes to show you in this episode Ash is just not interested in love. Even when Macy and Misty are arguing over him he just walks away. Either that or he's just smart to stay out of 2 girls arguing.
    Heh, I think he's just dense. Since Macy was being blatantly obvious about it (and Misty just tends to beat around the bush), he knew Macy was into him, and just saw Misty yelling at Macy as a nice thing a friend would do. *sigh* Ash Ketchum, how many times does Misty have to hit you over the head before you get it...

First two by the amazing Teppo Pepper The far right one from Pokemon Source
        Spoiler:- MayxDrew AshxMisty PikachuxPokechow:

Read My Fanfics:
    No Coincidence , Just Beyond The City Walls

This episode, I really liked, Macy having a crush on Ash, then Ash not realizing it,lol

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Macey is like..... the alter-form of Misty. Same hair color, fire-water type favourites.....
    ;[

what happened.

I like this ep. I like the battle more though. I didn't like the end with the evolution of her Slugma.
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

Misty was sooooo jealous here..
    ;[

what happened.

I wish Kingler could have battle. >_> Stupid spotlight hogging Squirtle. Oh well. At least Quilava appeared in this episode ^_^

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

you could see that misty was jalous in this episode:P
    i enjoyed the battle in this episode too.

Haha, its fun to watch Misty jealous
    it was a nice episode..i love it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought that the crush that Macey had on Ash was cute. It looks like Team Rocket did some good in the world, because she probably wouldn't have had the crush if Ash didn't have to save her Vulpix. I also liked how Misty was sticking up for Ash. It was obvious that she was jealous that Macey wanted to go out on a date with Ash. I thought that Ash and Macey's battle was pretty good. I thought that Phanpy did an excellent jo in defeating Slugma. Then however, Macey's Quilava was powerful as well. Especially since it defeated Phanpy and nearly Squirtle. I thought that Squirtle was extremely powerful. You can tell that the work from the Squirtle Squad really elped its battling. I thought that Macey made a smart move by choosing Electabuzz, but Ash was well prepared. I thought it was cute how Macey's Slugma evolved into Magcargo and she said it will always remind her of Ash.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Nice episode.
    Macey is cute and Misty is a B@!#h being jalous at Macey.
    And I've heard a error in brock explenation.

Why did 4kids give Quilava such a horrible voice in the first place? :/

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

That had to hurt when Kingler got hit with all those Voltorb/Electrodes (I haven't seen it recently enough to remember which). Kingler would have been so powerful in that battle. Considering how strong it proved to be in its first battle, it would have been a juggernaut if faced against a Fire-type (especially one like Slugma which is also part Rock).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

haha misty was jealous that macie has a crush on ash.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Too bad that Kingler wasn't able to fight...

but Squirtle was amazing. and Phanpy also.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Kingler failed, seriously. I expected so much more.

The battle itself was good. Quilava using Flame Wheel though, was odd, it didn't even spin. I found it great that Macie (sp?) had an Electabuzz for back-up, incase of Water type opponents.

Love and Pokemon? Call the Shippers! 4/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast