Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tie One On! (270)

Everyone seems to like this Johto Pokemon League episode. I dislike it though since I dislike Vincent/Jackson and his team. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were able to strike up a quick rivalry with Azumarill and Meganium which sort of reminded me of the short called "Pikachu's Vacation" haha. While it was so cool to finally get to see Bulbasaur and Squirtle again, the actual battle between Ash and Vincent left a lot to be desired. Pikachu versus Azumarill was fine, but then Vincent sent out that Shiny Magneton and Pikachu got knocked out too quickly for my tastes. Then we got that heated Bulbasaur versus Meganium battle which I thought was cheap since it ended in a draw. I mean really? Ash could've easily defeated that Vincent kid hands down. So annoying. At least we got Ash versus Gary announced at the end. 4/10.

This episode was very cool. I finally got to see this episode last night. Azumarrill's Iron Tail attack is very cool. I'm glad Pikachu was able to defeat it. This episode showed Thunder Wave closest to what it's really supposed to be. It was cool to see Bulbasaur defeat Magneton and then have a tough battle with a strong Meganium and tie with it to finish the battle. Seeing a shiney Magneton for the 1st time was really cool.

80/100

I love this episode! Great battle between Ash and Jackson, humor with Meganium/Azumarill vs. Bulbasaur/Squirtle. It made me think of Pikachu's Vacation (pre-movie of Pokemon 1, Mewtwo Strikes Back), the Pikachu/Raichu rivalry, and Marill vs. Squirtle in that short. You'd almost think Jacksons Azumarill was that Marill!

However, sad to see a great battle end in a draw, it deserved a winner. Which trainer it would be wouldn't matter to me.

I didn't care about Jacksons Magneton, I don't care about shinies and I prefer "normal" Pokemon.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 24th December 2011 at 12:34 AM.

I absolutely adore this episode. It's probably the most-watched episode of all for me. Bulbasaur does so wonderfully, and I think the battle between him and Meganium truly is one of the greatest ever shown in the anime. There's no fancy or cheap tricks - it's all head-to-head combat. Bulbasaur proves definitively evolving is not the end-all solution for power.

The animation is also superb.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

um so did both Asha and that guy progress to the next round?

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I love Jackson/Vincent and his adoration of capes lol. That personality of his is humorous. I liked how they - even before the battle started - heated up the rivalry between Ash's Pokémon and Jackson's Pokémon. The battle started nice with Jackson versus Macy, which was hilarious. The battle itself, and especially the last part with Meganium versus Bulbasaur, was really epic to watch.

The first part with Pikachu versus Azumarill was really a good demonstration of how powerful type advantage can be. The second part with Magneton was alright, although I think Magneton was quite inexplicably overpowered in a way. Then, Cyndaquil versus Magnetron was nice too and it was almost like a head-to-head battle with both doing really solid, but Magneton still being superior. Now, Bulbasaur did really well against Magneton with good use of strategies. Then, the final part with Meganium versus Bulbasaur was so well-executed, that you could feel the intensity and the rivalry between those two. Well-ended with that tie.

What? Macey had a Starmie?! I take back what I said. Any Starmie Trainer, is a good person. I wish we saw it battle, we never saw a Starmie do anything in a Contest or League. Well, there was one that battled Jessie in a Contest, but that was just an image. Anyways, that Magneton was very strong. But, Meganium and Bulbsaur sure was awesome. After seeing Meganium use Solarbeam, I do wonder how does it see.

Excellent episode, that Azumarill was so disrespectful. I just loved how mature Bulbasaur was during that situation. Glad that Pikachu defeated it because it honestly annoyed me. Vincent was a funny character, I liked that. Bulbasaur VS Meganium was really epic but it shouldn't have been a draw. I can't @ how Gary went back to his normal behavior when two episodes back he seemed so mature. Hopefully he's just trolling Ash.

Quite rare to see a draw in a Pokémon league and I think this is the fairest way for both Fushigidane and Meganium. Finally both of them has settled their differences and got mutual respect. Not a good news for me to know that Satoshi will face Shigeru on the next round. Overall this episode was fantastic and unforgettable.

Epic episode! Bulbasaur was so epic in the battle, even if it was a it repetitive!

Great episode overall!

The Bulbasaur v. Meganium was my favorite battle in this episode
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12