Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ties That Bind! (271)

^

Yes, the flashback was great, but they were fighting over a friggin broken pokeball IIRC.

This one was great episode I tell you what. We had Ash preparing for his League battle with Gary by actually research using books and the computer, with a little of Brocks help. I loved that flashback to the time where Ash and Gary fought over that old Pokeball they found while fishing in Pallet Town since it was cute and funny all at once. As for the battle between Ash and Gary; it was impressive for just the start. Gary's Nidoqueen was no surprise since we knew he had a Nidoking; it's counterpart was an obvious choice. Sadly, Ash's Tauros couldn't handle it. Magmar versus Heracross was sort of odd as the Bug-type won. The best part; Gary revealing his Starter Pokemon (Squitle, now a Blastoise) at the end of the episode! I liked this. 8/10.

This espisode was great! Magmar vs Heracross was the best battle of this episode. It was cool to see Heracross win with a powerful Megahorn attack. The fishing flashback scene was very cool. I'm surprised they actually kept the half-Pokeball from it. It was cool to see Snorlax defeat Nidoqueen with an Ice Punch attack. I didn't like that Tauros was defeated by 1 Nidoqueen Hyper Beam attack.

96/100

Great episode. Flashbacks and a cool battle start, seeing Heracross beating Magmar was so exciting when I saw this battle for the first time (even though I was cheering for Gary). One of the best Pokemon anime battles ever started in this episode!

Probably Ash's most important battle ever. His first and longest rival he ever got and facing him was probably one of the most severe challenges Ash ever had to face. I loved the background between Ash and Gary and that gave the rivalry itself a nice prequel. I'm also happy with Team Rocket being so absent with Ash's part and doing their own thing with the scamming badges stuff. It was nice to see Ash, Misty and Brock discussing strategies for the upcoming battles and poor Ash with his computer skills xD. Charizard back=FTW

Then the epic battle started between Ash and Gary. Nidoqueen versus Tauros was interesting. But Nidoqueen really dominated with that Hyper Beam. Changing Nidoqueen for Magmar in order to have a type-advantage on Heracross was smart of Gary. What I don't understand is how a bug-type Pokémon can come victorious after it got hit by the most powerful fire attack "Fire Blast" according to what the anime occasionally said. Oh well, writers.

Whoa. Nidoqueen is really tough. I liked how the anime showed off Gary's. But, Heracross was awesome in here. Ash vs Gary was sure going to be great. I did like that flashback that was shown when Ash and Gary were running really fast to make one or the either let go of the Poke Ball.

Excellent episode, the flashback where Ash & Gary were fishing must be the same one where Misty was also fishing (EP 1) because that lake is known for catching Water types. Nice to know that Misty wants to know more about new Water Pokemon (Hoenn) The start of the Ash VS Gary battle was really good. Nidoqueen was very strong, but nice to see Heracross defeat an advantage where it is normally weak against. Lastly, cool seeing Politoed cheering for Ash.

This was an awsome first half of the battle between Ash and Gary.
    -I liked The flashback scene, it's funny when Ash and Gary were fighting over a broken Pokeball.
    -Magmar vs Heracross battle was the best battle of this episode. It was awsome how Heracross defeated Magmar with a powerful Megahorn attack!
    - It's cool to see Ash's Snorlax defeating Gary's Nidoqueen with a strong Ice Punch attack.
    - It's sad how Tauros was defeated by one Hyper Beam attack from Gary's Nidoqueen.
    - Gary revealing his starter Pokemon Blastoise was great!
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Great episode and a nice reference of the flashback when Satoshi and Shigeru fish the monster ball. Did not like the cheerleader for Shigeru but I enjoyed the battle with Satoshi. Kentauros should not be knocked out that early in my opinion. It is a bit late but finally we know his starter is Zenigame which means an epic battle between Lizardon/ Kamex will happen very soon.

It's a shame about Tauros but it was an ok episode, I was kinda bored at parts of it though. The flashback was kinda interesting but kinda dull.

I hope the second part of the battle is good!

Heracross was such a beast in this episode.

Tauros got a tad owned, I would have started with phanpy or muk instead, so we could get the headstart for gary out of the way.

Still damn epic to this day.

10/10.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

The flashback made me remember how a-hole-ish and hostile Gary was to Ash in the past.
    That voice sounded to masculine for a Nidoqueen.
    Ash's computer got the Gary virus.
    Great start to an awesome battle.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12