Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Beat The Heat! (272)

Why does everyone like this ep so much?
    Okay it was a good match but I can't stand the stupiud ex machinas Ash gets. How weak are Gary's Pokemon? one seismic toss and blastiose is down. DRAGON RAGE 1HKO'S GOLEM???!!
    don't tell me its not the game its the anime either; if flamethrower is a fire move, DR should be a move that does a lotta damage to low level pokes and minimal damage to high level pokemon.....
    I hate Ash so much because he's an idiot that happens to steamroll trainers that have more skill and experience than him by doing stupid things like melting rocks and using thunder armor.......Ash fanboys...
    i'm kidding tho; while i dont like ash at all, anyone who does i have no prob with...
    FC: 0301-9187-6062
    Yes, I'm one of those villains that uses Pokesav to make his Pokemon.....if you have an issue with this, don't bother me please.

After watching this battle again on the DVDs, it is not as great as I originally thought. It was still good, but it seemed way to one sided at too many points.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

An excellent episode.Definitely one of the best ones in Johto.I still remember watching this episode for the first time,and why i kinda feel that Gary deserved to win i still think that this battle between Charizard and Blastoise was legendary and one of the best ones in entire series.I also liked the music which they added for that match,it just bring even more intense to it.

I only have one objection and that is that some of other battles between them in that match were too short like the one with Golem against Charizard for example,but other than that everything was great.

Ahh, part 2 of my Johto Pallet<3 episodes ^_^

The battle, honestly, wasn't as great as I'd hoped. I was really, really surprised that Pikachu didn't battle at all. And Gary didn't use Umbreon, either... coincidence? Perhaps.

But, seeing Charizard defeat Blastoise with its signature move was totally worth it ^_^ Pff, the look on Ash's face when he was declared the winner... priceless!

What really made this episode great for me... was Ash and Gary finally mending the fences ^-^ I remember virtually nothing about the verbal exchange, but even without words, it was still an amazing moment <3
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ash finally beat Gary. I expected the opposite but this was great

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Another EPIC win in Ash's career!

It was a great battle, Ash's Charizard vs Gary his Blastoise =D
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought that this was a great battle. Gary's Blastoise was really strong. It defeated Heracross and Bayleef in almost no time at all. It also was on the verge of defeating Muk, but Ash quickly recalled it. I was really happy with the team Ash chose for this battle. He chose his strongest pokemon instead of using Totodile, Cyndaquil, etc. However, I feel like Bulbasaur should have been used as it is more powerful then Bayleef in my opinion. I felt like they rushed some of the battles though just to get to Charizard vs. Blastoise. More specificly I'm talking about Charizard vs. Golem, and Snorlax vs. Arcanine. Though the Blastoise vs. Charizard battle was amazing. Charizard clearly had the disadvantage, but Ash's creative thinking helped him win. I thought melting the field was a great move. I am also glad that Gary and Ash resolved their differences, and Gary congratulated Ash. I now only hope he can defeat Harrison.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Awsome Battle! Ash finally win between gary!
    Charizard and Blastoise are cool!
    Anyway I thaugh Harisson lived in Littleroot Town from Houenn not silver town in johto. :P

An epic battle between Ash and Gary. My favorite thing about this episode was the showdown between Charizard and Blastoise. Awesomeness!

Yeah, awesome episode!
    Charizard against blastoise was a heaps good battle.
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    Yeah, awesome episode!
    coudlnt of said it better!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer_Dude View Post
    Yeah, awesome episode!
    coudlnt of said it better! the oh so epic legendary ashes charizard wins again *does dx cross chop*

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
    coudlnt of said it better! the oh so epic legendary ashes charizard wins again *does dx cross chop*
    theres another notifacation

I think this is the best episode in the Johto league.
    Ash beats Gary was amazing, Charizard was so powerfull!
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Ash finally beat Gary after all those years. I wonder how long it will take for him to beat Paul now.

My ideal battle ever!

This was a very cool episode. We finally get to see the 2 pokemon on the covers of the very first games have a battle and it was good. I was actually rooting for Blastoise to win because he's my favorite pokemon but I guess he's not the writers. Overall great episode.

Wow, Ash was in a tight spot in the previous episode, but things got even in this one.

What I liked the best was the same as everyone else's opinion; that Gary revealed his Blastoise and Ash used Charizard to counter it. I loved the those two fought it out for quite a while. Charizard scorched the field and Blastoise took advantage of that to create steam.

It was a dream come true! Ash beat his lifelong rival in a fair and brilliant match. Epic. 10/10

I just saw this episode funny enough.
    I loved every bit of it.
    One of the reasons for it, was the music.
    I think whoever choose the music for the episode did a brilliant job.
    I liked that Ash won too. He finally beat his long time rival. He did a good job too.
    The ending was epic.
    The only con I saw of it was the animation. Other than that, yah good episode, give it a 5/5.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Two parter was pretty good. I wonder if Blastoise had been used at the end if things would have been different? Well aleast Ash finally defeated Gary, I think this was their last league wasn't it?. Charizard VS Blastoise good fight, it was smart of him to burn the field lol.

Pikachu was funny when Ash told him he couldn't battle he was like "Unacceptable! I refuse to hear that!" lol
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

One of the best episodes ever. Gary finally battles against Ash in a full battle. Charizard this time won after he fell against the Dragonites, Dragonite and Dragonire, this time it keeps to stand and the one who fall is Blastoise.

That was said a lot but too bad Gary's Umbreon didn't appear. Could have been epic.

This was the best battle in the entire series, proving to even top the Ash vs. Drake battle at the end of the Orange League!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    This was the best battle in the entire series, proving to even top the Ash vs. Drake battle at the end of the Orange League!
    I hope you mean of the, "original series," because later battles certainly topped this one.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I hope you mean of the, "original series," because later battles certainly topped this one.
    Nope, can't think of any later battles at all that occur later on in the series that top this one.

This episode was great! The Charizard vs Golem and Charizard vs Blastoise battles were the best! It was bizarre to see Charizard trying to lift up the megaton Golem for a Seismic Toss attack. I like how Charizard defeated Golem with a Dragon Rage attack, its only attack that isn't weak against Golem. The best part was the Seismic Toss attack to defeat Blastoise in the end.

97/100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast