Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing With Fire! (273)

Default Playing With Fire! (273)

Playing With Fire!

After defeating Gary in the Silver Conference, Ash is put up against Harrison, a trainer from Hoenn. It is a tough 6 on 6 battle starting with Pikachu VS Kecleon, will Ash Manage to win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Mariob Guest

I thought this was a pretty intense episode. It seemed like Harrison was going to win until Charizard. Sending him out obviously saved the match (to a point). What I think is wierd is how the anime doesn't always use type advantages. Like in this one, Bayleef v.s. Houndoom.     Spoiler:
    Last edited by Mariob; 23rd October 2004 at 9:59 PM.

meggirl63 Guest

That battle was a bit intense.

marilldude Guest

This episode was a bit weird. After seeing Ash go so hard on Gary, why did he use such weak pokemon against Harrison? 8/10

is the coolest in the episode

Elite Dragonair Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marilldude
    This episode was a bit weird. After seeing Ash go so hard on Gary, why did he use such weak pokemon against Harrison? 8/10

is the coolest in the episode
    It's possible that some of the Pokemon Ash used in his battle with Gary were injured during the fight so it would be smarter if he didn't use them. Similar to what Harrison did with Blaziken after he defeted Ash and went on to the next round.

Anyway, it was a good episode and really focused on battling. Ash seemed really determined to win against Harrison and moving on to the next round that he got caught up in the battle and made some bad decisions on some of the Pokemon he sent out.

Overall Decent Episode 8.5/10

Factory Head Noland Guest

This episode is one of my favourite episodes (I watched it this morning, lol).

A full 6-on-6 battle which was totally awesome the whole way through! I think Noctowl should have been in the battle for longer as it wasn't in for very long (and Noctowl rox!), it was beaten by a Dig and an Iron Tail.

Snorlax was really REALLY good in this battle, it's Ice Punch against Steelix was a great way to get out of the Bind attack.

I love Totodile, it was SO good against Sneasel (I bet ya Sneasel didn't see that comin' lol). And everyone loved its dancing! Ah...I miss Totodile...

Bayleef was totally awesome! It was genius idea of Ash's to make Bayleef close Houndoom's mouth with Vine Whip....I miss Bayleef aswell!

Overall - 10/10
    This battle was totally awesome, all strategies were used and it was a fair battle (everything that happened actually could happen).
    I hope there are battles like this in the Hoenn League!

Tomahawk Man Guest

Why does Hypno say "NO" after Harrison's orders, yet he still does the attacks. He tries to disobey yet he still obeys.
    Last edited by Tomahawk Man; 1st April 2005 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk Man
    Why does Hypno say "NO" after Harrison's orders, yet he still does the attacks. He tries to disobey yet he still obeys.
    Uh, that's how dub Sleeper talks. This was a joke right? O_o

Anyway, this was a really intense battle. It was nice to see Waninoko get a rematch against Nyula, after getting pWned when he fought it the first time. Yorunozuku got waisted way too quick and easy IMHO. That poor owl barely got any justice throughout the entire Johto arc, and this was just the kick in the teeth for it. Kaibagon made another great showing in this battle, once again beating two of the opponents. The strategy Bayleaf used against Hellger was pretty clever as well, using it's vines to stop it from using any kind of attacks whatsoever. I also enjoyed how they threw in Hellger knowing Counter attack, it was nice to see an egg move being used (besides Bayleaf's Vine Whip).

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

I think that Ash should have used Squirtle instead of Noctowl against Steelix and won, then that way he could have beaten Houndoom and fought Blaziken for a bit before being took down.Bayleef could have tired it further then Charizard could have finished him off but it's all history now.

Factory Head Noland Guest

Ash hadn't registered Squirtle as one of this Pokemon for the battle so he couldn't have used it to battle Steelix. I think if Ash had just used Snorlax straight away he wouldn't have wasted Noctowl...

Yeah, true enough. Noctowl should have been used against Blaziken if it was fast enough, it would have been after it had taken on Snorlax, Bayleef and Charizard, (hypothetically speaking of course).

Noctowl would wup Blaziken with Flying and Psychic moves.

I know that my two favorite highlights of the battle had to be the part where Pikachu caught kecleon's tongue and when Snorlax got mad at hypno for using dream eater on him. ROFLOL at the scared expression on hypno's face. At least Snorlax and Pikachu put up really good battles in the episode, but it's too bad that Bayleef's battle didn't last longer. At least she got the smackdown on houndoom, though.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

great battle and i loved watching every minute of it! 9.9/10

Metarock Sam Guest

What I dont get is why Blaziken practically beat Charizard (well they were equal strength) Due to type differentials Charizard shgould of won as he is part Flying and Blaziken is part fighting.

Hukuzo Guest

I don't care much for the show, but I like these kinds of episodes. Charizard vs Blaziken was awesome.

One of the very best battles, period. Charizard VS Blaziken was obviously the best match

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I don't like how they kept trying to shove 3rd gen Pokemon down our throats in the 2nd gen ._. It's still Johto after all.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

nice episode, there was a specteculair battle going on this time.

It was a great episode!
    i loved watching it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I thought this battle was great so far. It has been really even up to now, Blaziken vs. Charizard. I thought Pikachu made an excellent move by catching Kecleon's tongue. But Sneasel was just too fast for Pikachu. I thought Ash's Snorlax did great. Being able to take out both Hypno and Steelix. I really didn't like Ash's idea to use Noctowl. Poor Cyndaquil hasn't gotten any action. I thought Bayleef's Vine Whip was great. I hope Ash beats Harrison
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Blaziken is awsome! Harrisons pokemon look like the best!

Great episode and battle
    Harrison's Blaziken was so strong,
    i loved his battle vs Charizard, and Ash's tactic vs Houndoom
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I really didn't enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed the Gary versus Ash episodes. Blaziken was the only one that caught my attention because it was a new Pokemon not found in the Johto region. It made for a good rival against Charizard in the end so that was something. I liked how this episode ended in a cliffhanger; it got me excited about the next episode the first time I watched it. This battle was too fast-paced for me to love though. 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 3rd November 2010 at 1:54 PM.

This episode was great.
    Ash did some really smart moves here. Really impressed me.
    I liked that Gary was watching in the stands all proud of Ash.
    And LOL His mom trying to take pictures from the stands.
    I liked Oaks reaction to Totadiles dance.
    over all, yah fun episode 5/5.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast