Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing With Fire! (273)

I think the battle should've ended in this episode and not in the next episode, 274. But never mind.

The more eps, so its better. Harrison wasn't that good, but Ash has made many mistakes.

The battle was good, but looking back at it now, I think it was a little too fast paced, but otherwise a decent battle.

6.5/10

Yea ash Went hell ya hard on gary and then we use those weak pokemon against blazkien and keonlon

Lil'QD: 4168-9353-0203

This episode was good. Ash vs Harrison wasn't as good to me as Ash vs Gary. I didn't like Ash's strategy of what Pokemon to use vs all of Harrison's Pokemon. Pikachu vs Kecleon was a very cool battle, I like how Pikachu grabbed its tongue then used Thunderbolt. Snorlax's Ice Punch attack on Steelix was a very smart move to get out of Bind. The way Bayleef used Vine Whip to close Houndoom's mouth was very cool. Totodile vs Sneasel was cool and very funny to watch.

86/100

Totodile took down Sneasel by....dancing?! :O I do love Totodile
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Great battle!

Awesome how Bayleef defeated Houndoom. Altough I think it should've lasted longer against Blaziken, it dind't stand a chance. I think it would've been better if Bayleef wore Blaziken down a little more.

However, it is bad to see Hoenn Pokemon, it would've been nicer without those and with more Jotho Pokemon. Jotho/second generation is my favourite generation.

Spoiler:- tells the outcome of the battle:

Harrison was the type of character that was a awesome rival, while simultaneously proven to be a valuable introduction the third generation of Pokémon. What I like so much about this is that we already had 1 1/2 of a episode with the battle between Gary and Ash, and now we have yet another awesome battle between Harrison and Ash.

Kecleon versus Pikachu was interesting because of Ash not knowing a lot of Hoenn Pokémon around that time. The first battle was quite long but really interesting how Ash handled Kecleon's unconventional methods in order to win. Now, Harrison using that Sneasel against Pikachu was faster done than you can read this entire sentence. Using Totodile against Sneasel was in a way, hilarious. I loved how Sneasel's Claw was stuck in Totodile's mouth while it was dancing LOL. Hypno was quite a surprise for Ash and for Totodile too it seems. Then, Snorlax came and it was sleeping HAHHA. Even Hypno attacks resulted in only making Snorlax even more mad and KO'ing with one hyper beam.

After the intermission, Harrison is using Noctowl against Steelix and that proven to be quite interesting for both, but Steelix proven to be overall more versatile. Then Snorlax was called out again and Ash made good use of its abilities. Houndoom versus Snorlax was fast, but Houndoom proves to be really strong right from the start. The battle betwen Bayleef versus Houndoom was awesome done and here is Ash proven that he can think out of the box. Blazikan was just dominant against Bayleef in almost all ways and I loved how the writers make it look so powerful.

Darn it! I wish that Noctowl had gotten a win in this battle. But, it was against a Steelix though. I felt sorry when Bayleef got knocked out by Blaziken. After rewatching these episodes, I've grown a fondness over Bayleef.

Good episode, but the previous was way better. The battles in this episode were too fast paced. Loved how Pikachu managed to grab Kecleon by the tongue and then use thundershock. It was so awesome seeing Gary watching Ash's battle, I can't @ when Ash said he was going to make him proud. The writers keep shoving Hoenn Pokemon when this is still Johto, gosh. -.-

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed "The Ties That Bind" and "Can't Beat the Heat". But it was surprising when Harrison sent out Blaziken, a Pokémon from the Hoenn region. I think the battles was too fast paced, which I didn't enjoy.
    I didn't like Ash using Noctowl against Steelix, he should've used a Water Pokémon against it.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I was surprised to see that Bayleef knocked out Hellgar as she was a Grass type which is disadvantage against a Fire type. But the winning was more on strategy rather than just actually battling because Hellgar's mouth was limited by Tsuru No Muchi. I think Satoshi purposely save his Lizardon for the battle with Bursaymo. Overall it was a nice episode and great battles for both Satoshi and Hazuki.

Not Kecleon's tongue trying to own Pikachu, that was pretty funny. The Psybeam was strong

Ash's mum was hilarious in this! Thunderbolt saved the day, well done Ash!

It was a great counter biting the Metal Claw!

I would have liked Harrison to have an all-Hoenn team

I loved it when Snorlax slayed Hypno! The battle seems quite rushed though, at least thus far

Snorlax is so powerful!

Baileef was incredible in battle! I loved Ash's technique!

Blaziken is so mighty and grand, I love it, it seems so powerful!

I hope Ash can pull through!

Just like the Ash and Gary battle, this one was pretty amazing, as well.
    Blaziken v. Charizard: This will be interesting.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I enjoyed how Harrison's Kecleon used its tongue to cut a whole chunk of the grass on the field. Totodile vs. Sneasel was funny due to Totodile biting Sneasel's paw and I cackled when Harrison's Hypno's Dream Eater attack on Snorlax backfired. Steelix lost too easily though imo, but seeing Ash's Bayleef slay Harrison's Houndoom was great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12