Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johto Photo Finish! (274)

Charizard vs Blaziken was so great...i love it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I agree with the episode being rushed after the battle. Misdrevious should of appeared eariler, but whatever. The battles before Blaziken-Charizard were humorous, especially Snorlax. The main fight though, now that took my breath away. Blaziken and Charizard battled so fiercely, but I believe that Blaze Kick was Blaziken's trump card. A very good episode 9/10. (Lowered one due ti the rush).
    Diamond F.C.: 4467-8858-1499 name: Walter

Pokedex progress
    Diamond: N'tl: 490 seen, 490 obtained. 4 years, I completed the Pokedex!

I thought that the Charizard vs. Blaziken match was great. However, I am very disappointed that Ash was defeated by Harrison. I thought that Blaziken was extremely strong. I wish we would hhave gotten to see Harrison's next match though. It kind of stinks that he wasn't able to use Blaziken due to it being worn out from the battle with Charizard. It surprised me that Gary decided to become a pokemon researcher just like his grandfather. I always thought that he would remain a strong pokemon trainer and continue to rival Ash. I am glad that Harrison talked Ash into setting off for his journey in the Hoenn region. I felt bad for the poor Misdreavus being trapped under the tree. However, I didn't understand why anyone used one of their pokemon to lift the tree, as it would have been much easier that way.

I noticed that throughout the battle, the announcer kept referring that Harrison was from Silver Town. Harrison however, said he was from Littleroot Town.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Super Battle in Ash vs Harrison. It was great. I can't wait for me to watch the houenn pokemon episodes.

Charizard should've had an advantage against Blaziken, because both of them are duel-types and Char's second type is super effective against Blaziken's. It had taken a lot of punishment against Gary in the previous fight, though.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Awesome episode!!
    I stilll cant believe that charizard lost to blaziken tough
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Charizard should've had an advantage against Blaziken, because both of them are duel-types and Char's second type is super effective against Blaziken's. It had taken a lot of punishment against Gary in the previous fight, though.
    yes he did but he got healed at the pkmn center :s
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

The Japanese Voice actor of Charizard is amazing. I liked the part when Charizard moaned after been hit by Blaze Kick. Charizard's actor is very good at bringing out the anger in Charizard.

One of the best battles, but I was so disappointed that Charizard lost to Harrison's Blaziken in the end. Charizard was the star of this Pokemon League and I would have loved to see it win the battle for Ash before it left for more training again. Oh well. Apart from the loss, it was nice to see the Johto League end after all the years it took to get to this point. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 6th November 2010 at 1:00 AM.

This is my favorite battle in the Johto league, how sad that Charizard lost.

And i loved to see pokemon from Hoenn when Harrison tell about tham to Ash.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The battle between Charizard and Blaziken was pretty good, the other battles a bit fast but it's still a good episode. Shame that Ash lost and then Harrison lost to some other person (We never see any main characters/COTD etc that win it, just some stranger).

It was interesting Ash, Gary and Harrison used their first Pokemon ever to fight against TR,.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

This episode was good, just not as good as the episode before. Charizard vs Blaziken was an awesome battle between 2 evenly matched Pokemon. Too bad Ash and Charizard had to lose though... I wish Harrison would've won the tournament after defeating Ash.

78/100

The Misdreavus part wasn't disturbing to me, I like Misdreavus. Fillers or filler events in non-filler episodes isn't a bad thing if it is enjoyable, which is, in my opinion, often the case in Jotho episodes.

Ash vs. Harrison was a tense battle, and I'm glad Harrison won, because he deserved to win. It was sad to see the tournament rushed, they should've showed more of the battle in which Harrison lost, and more of the final.

It was bad to see Gary becoming a researcher, ending the rivalry between Gary and Ash.

really liked this episode! still think charizard should have won

I have a theory that this episode was a mashup of all the crappy filler plans that sat on the shelf for a year before emerging, unused, at the end of Johto.The very un-solid Misdreavus being captured under a log threw me...pretty sure that's not possible...
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

If they had wanted to be a fair match, it should have ended as a tie. Both Blaziken and Charizard unable to battle...

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    If they had wanted to be a fair match, it should have ended as a tie. Both Blaziken and Charizard unable to battle...
    No. Blaziken was able to battle, up to the referee's discretion, which is what counts. Charizard collapsed and Blaziken was still standing, which means Blaziken won the fair way. In an earlier post, I said Harrison deserved to win, but now I think of it again, Ash deserved a tie. However, Harrison won fair and square, and that's what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    No. Blaziken was able to battle, up to the referee's discretion, which is what counts. Charizard collapsed and Blaziken was still standing, which means Blaziken won the fair way. In an earlier post, I said Harrison deserved to win, but now I think of it again, Ash deserved a tie. However, Harrison won fair and square, and that's what really matters.
    Oh, sorry, now that I've read the 2nd time my post, I've figured out that the post wasn't correlated to what I thought.

I meant "they" - Nintendo should have made both Blaziken and Charizard unable to battle, resulting in a tie.

Screw infernape vs Electivire

this is tied with charizard vs blastoise for best league 1v1.

The first part was really well. The whole battle between Charizard versus Blazikan was interesting and just as intense as Blastoise versus Charizard. It was unfortunate to see Ash losing against Harrison, although I like Harrison as an character too and it was even more unfortunate that he couldn't used his Blazikan during the third round against Jon Dickson. Did anyone actually noticed how Ash reacted when he lost compared to when he lost during the Indigo League?

I think the writers rushed the second part because they were like "Oh, so Ash lost now, so we better wrap up the rest because the audience isn't interested in the rest anymore since Ash's role is over" It was also nice to see Harrison after the battle talking with Ash, Brock and Misty- similar what happened between Gary and Ash. You can see here that Harrison fulfilled his role in convincing Ash to go to the Hoenn region.

The other stuff with Misdreavus was quite filler-ish and how they ended the Silver Conference was really wrapped up fast.

What I like the most about this episode is how they ended two rivalries in a really solid way. Harrison going to participate in the Indigo League and Gary going to become a Pokémon researcher - it gave a good ending to both of them. Its unfortunate we never saw anything from Harrison again - seeing as he really was cool and interesting.

The battle between those Pokemons is really cool for sure. I would liked it better if Ash actually ended up winning cause I think it was a pretty good time to end the anime. But if we do take the fact that Ash did lose I think he should have been more dissapointed about it.

Especially in Kanto you can see how badly Ash wanna win. He works his heart out and wanna win so badly and I prefer the way they handle Ash in those situations in Kanto and I think he should have been more dissapointed for sure (same fo the Hoeen league and I guess this include all the other leagues aswell but I haven't seen past Hoeen so far).

An excellent battle between Charizard and Blaziken. While watching, I noticed that it seems that Charizard has a bit of a bear belly. xD But, Blaziken was amazing. Blaziken is sure smart, Harrison didn't even have to tell Blaziken to use Flamethrower to cushion its fall after Charizard's Seismic Toss.

Good episode to end the Johto League. Shame Charizard lost but it gave it it's all, and that's what matters. Then I got sad when Harrison lost in the next round. I wish he could have won the League at least. I was also very disappointed at the fact that the writers forced Gary to change his goal from Pokemon Master to a Researcher. The former was much better and suited for him and I just know that if he stuck to it, he would have been a Pokemon Master already. It's something that Ash will never achieve in his life. I felt like the Misdreavus part that was added in the tail end could have been a Johto filler episode, luckily it wasn't.

This might be the only two League that have fully evolved Pokemon battle in the League

The battle between Ash and Harrison was pretty good and the battle between Charizard versus Blazikan was interesting too, but Ash losing against him was disappointing. Well at least he made his league ranking top 8 and it encouraged him to travel in Hoenn region.

This episode was kinda rushed after the battle, and it's mostly focused on a Misdreavus .... Which seemed like a filler plot.
    But at least Gary decided to quit being a Pokemon trainer and try to be a Pokémon researcher ...... it was a good ending of Ash and Gary's rivalry.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast